If you’ve wandered down Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland park recently, you may have noticed some of the windows along the front of the Emporium are covered. What is going on behind those blue curtains, you ask? Today, I’m excited to tell you!
The beloved Main Street animated windows will come to life once again for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration as Main Street Enchanted Windows. Since the early 1960s, scenes from Disney animated classics have been featured in the windows of the Emporium at Disneyland park. This year, for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, these classic windows will be updated with new, exciting technology and effects. Get a sneak peek at these windows in the video below!
There will be a total of six Main Street Enchanted Windows. The first two, featuring the stories of “Peter Pan” and “Cinderella,” will be unveiled in May, followed by “Frozen” and “The Princess and the Frog” in July, and “Toy Story” and “Aladdin” in August.
The Main Street Enchanted Windows are just another way the Disneyland Resort continues to delight guests in ways both big and small … from our new nighttime spectaculars and the addition of new magic to classic attractions, to special details that catch your eye as you stroll down Main Street, U.S.A. See it all for yourself when the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins May 22!
Guests attending Star Wars Weekends will be able to find shelter and sustenance in the Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience. Reports have been made that this location was once a known hangout of Rebel pilots, aliens and smugglers; with the immersive environment and stellar bites—I understand why!
Look for a menu full of Star Wars-themed food and beverage offerings that are out of this world:
- Galactic Garlic/Parmesan Fries – these are tossed with parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley with a garlic aioli for dipping
- Padmé Amidala Naboo Salad – seared chicken breast, bibb lettuce, grape tomatoes, watermelon radish, almond frica, and a parmesan-peppercorn ranch dressing
- Lightsaber Bites – hand-dipped corn-battered knockwurst sausages with house-made chips and mustard dipping sauce
- Chicken and Darth Vader waffles served with maple syrup and sweet barbecue sauce
- Trio of Thermal Detonators – spicy pork wings topped with spicy piquillo-pepper sauce and slaw
- Slider Sampler featuring “The Sith” barbecue-braised brisket with cole slaw and “The Jedi” with barbecued pulled chicken with arugula
- Fruit and Cheese “Sabers” featuring Tillamook cheddar, Brie, goat cheese, pickled vegetables, crostini, cheddar crackers, blueberries, raspberries, honeydew melon, strawberry, olives and gherkins
- Darth Maul hummus with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust, and corn tortilla chips
- Yoda Key Lime Cake
- Trio of Star Wars mini cupcakes, including Darth Vader (chocolate-peanut butter), Yoda (chocolate-hazelnut), and Jabba the Hutt (salted caramel latte) served in the Han Solo Carbonite Souvenir Box
A new drink menu will also be available:
- Imperial Blue – Maker’s Mark Whisky, Cointreau, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour, topped with Sprite
- Tatooine Sunset – Stoli vanilla, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice with grenadine
- Rebel Red – Grey Goose vodka, Chambord, sour mix and a splash of grenadine
- Dagobah Swamp Juice – Midori, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, sweet and sour, topped with lemon-lime foam
- The Dark Side – Stoli vanilla vodka, Bailey’s liqueur, crème de cocoa and brownie garnish
- Alderaan Ale
The Jabba the Hutt and Yoda cupcakes will also be available at Tusken Fridge Raiders, Trolley Car Café, Starring Rolls Cafe, and Backlot Express. The Darth Vader cupcake will be available at all quick-service locations, including Starring Rolls Cafe, and Trolley Car Cafe and Tusken Fridge Raiders at Darth’s Mall.
For Reservations, visit DisneyWorld.com/dine or call 407-WDW-DINE.
May the food be with you!
Disney Tails, a new line of pet products for dogs, will be coming to Disney Parks this spring. You may recall a sneak preview of these items during the dog days of summer last August. I recently caught up with the Souvenirs department at Disney Theme Park Merchandise to get a first look.
Guests will find several colorful leashes with matching collars that give a slight nod to Mickey Mouse. There will also be a personalized dog tag that comes with easy-to-apply letters and numbers.
Other items will include a collection of toys inspired by Mickey and Minnie Mouse and iconic food from Disney Parks. The Mickey Premium ice cream bar looks so real that I wanted to eat it.
The team produced a handful of apparel items including bow ties, neck ties and a collection of bandanas. I particularly liked the scarf featuring Dug from Disney-Pixar’s “Up” (Squirrel!!). There are also some Pirates of the Caribbean authentic bandanas containing new artwork being introduced this year.
To round out the assortment, there will be four dog bowls each with embossed Mickey Mouse icons.
Look for Disney Tails items to arrive this spring in select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
Look for select items on the Disney Parks online store at http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store.
It’s hard not to walk through a Disney Park and feel inspired or to have fond childhood memories come to mind – or in the case of Photographer Mariah Wild, both.
Today, we’re kicking off a new weekly series “Moms Panel Monday” with one of our most popular questions – what are some great things to do at the Walt Disney World Resort when visiting with children?
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announced the name of their baby daughter today – Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. With all eyes on England, it’s the perfect time to celebrate one of Great Britain’s most time-honored fashion statements – the fascinator.
“All it takes is faith and trust. Oh! And something I forgot. Dust! Yep, just a little bit of Pixie Dust.” –Peter Pan
There’s no doubt that Star Tours – The Adventures Continue is a fan-favorite attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. But just how well do you know this attraction? Test your knowledge below!
Star Wars Weekends will kick off in just a few days and to celebrate we’re encouraging Disney Parks social media followers to share their “Star Wars Style” online for a chance to win a Walt Disney World Resort vacation.
Humphrey’s Service & Supplies will be the “campers welcome” headquarters of Grizzly Peak – that type of small-town gas station, general store or “vacationer’s paradise” that you might find on a trip through California’s majestic Sierra Nevada mountains.