Tokyo Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

Halloween Screams Debuts at Disneyland

posted on September 28th, 2009 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

“Halloween Screams” is also new for Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. The all-new fireworks spooktacular will haunt the nighttime sky throughout the Halloween season. “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington, from Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas, appears in a flash at Sleeping Beauty Castle and presides over the Halloween pyrotechnics extravaganza as haunting melodies fill the air. Classic Disney villains like Maleficent, Ursula the Sea Witch and Oogie Boogie join in the “spirit” of the celebration, and even Zero, Jack’s faithful ghost dog, makes an appearance.

To get a glimpse of the new show, see the video.

Halloween at Disneyland Resort

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Lee on September 28th, 2009 at 6:29 pm

I’m so happy Disneyland finally got a halloween fireworks show. They deserved it and it came out great! Love seeing Zero fly and the fantastic lighting that happens on Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.

TARA from CA on September 28th, 2009 at 6:31 pm

We missed the firework show Friday night, we were inside one of the stores shopping for our baby girls birthday. We did hear it and it sounded amazing!! We bought our annual passes that day, so will be making a trip back just to see this!

Renee from CA on September 28th, 2009 at 7:19 pm

I LOVE Disneyland, and would love to come and see the Halloween Fireworks and overlay – I am going to try and make it there somehow! My daughter was just asking if we could go for Halloween and she is 19 yrs old! The show looks fantastic.

Mary on September 28th, 2009 at 7:21 pm

The show looks so cool. I am glad that Jack and his gang got their own fireworks show. Nightmare before Christmas is my favorite movie. I wish I was going to be going to Disneyland this Halloween. I hope that the firework show is one that will continue for many years.

Judy on September 28th, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Halloween keeps getting better and better every year at Disneyland! I can’t wait to go. I love the look of the firework show. Can’t wait to get there.

Joey on September 28th, 2009 at 7:51 pm

That’s an awesome video. No one knows how to put on a show quite like Disney. I’d love to experience this one day

Kartik on September 28th, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Awesome video! Can’t wait to see the fireworks spooktacular!

Nick on September 28th, 2009 at 8:56 pm

I’m not even a huge fan of Nightmare Before Christmas and I’m totally stoked to be there for Halloween now!!!

Julie on September 28th, 2009 at 9:07 pm

What a great looking show! I love Halloween and getting to see all the new shows and attractions for my birthday will be even more special! I can hardly wait!

Jacob on September 28th, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Awesome, fireworks show!

Robert from MI on September 28th, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Very nice work!!!

yesenia on September 28th, 2009 at 10:57 pm

I’m going next month for my birthday and after seeing this I wish I was going tomorrow!!! I can’t wait to see this in person.

Thomas on September 28th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

I LOVE this show!! The only thing keeping it from being better than Remember… Dreams Come True, is that this show doesn’t use the fireworks that shoot off around the Hub. This is such an awesomely epic fireworks show!!

Jill from CA on September 28th, 2009 at 11:39 pm

I cannot wait to see it on Saturday. Going for my 50th birthday. I have not been there since 1991! :D:D:D

Vibhu on September 28th, 2009 at 11:51 pm

hey friends i am planning a trip to disneyland at Paris for chirstmas tell me hows the place where to say hows the whether going to be and what are the good deals happening and will the hallowen party still happening .

Justice from CA on September 29th, 2009 at 12:13 am

The flames, Jack Skellington, Zero, the projection. Halloween Screams just looks beautiful. I have to say that I was very impressed with what the park offered as nighttime entertainment. This is definitely the best Halloween firework spectacular in the world. If only they played the music in Disney’s California Adventure. Oh well, still a terrific show.

Meta on September 29th, 2009 at 12:28 am

Love the Halloween Theme. My first year for my pass. My co-workers and I all have passes we have a great time.

Irene on September 29th, 2009 at 2:32 am

We saw this show for the first time tonight and thought it was wonderful. Very well done. Zero is so special and I’m happy to see he gets so much time out and about around the castle. Loved all the effects. Looking forward to seeing this many times during the month of October.

David from Bedfordshire on September 29th, 2009 at 7:59 am

This looks fabulous. I really enjoyed the celebrations in Disneyland Paris last year where a lot of the intellectual property was shared across resorts. I am very happy to see this at Disneyland and I would love to see it spread to other resorts.

Hmmmmm, I may need to find my way back to California for Halloween next year.

Jessica from AZ on September 29th, 2009 at 11:36 am

This looks so beautiful! I’d love to see it, but sadly, I can’t. We’ve gone to Disneyland for Halloween every year for a few years, but because of that, my boyfriend’s family has never seen Disneyland at Christmas! It’s a hard decision (so, so hard) but we can only go for Halloween OR Christmas – this year, we chose Christmas.

I wish I had some expensive thing lying around the house, that I could sell to afford a Halloween trip! Maybe this video will help convince my soon-to-be-Mother-in-Law to find a way for us to go to Halloween AND Christmas. Wish me luck. ;)

Raquel on September 29th, 2009 at 1:56 pm

My parents are taking me to Disneyland for my 21st birthday in THREE days and I have never been to Disneyland when it is all decorated for a season. This will be my third time going this year and I am so excited to see this fireworks show. I never make time to watch any fireworks since I was younger, me and my family go ever year for our vacation, and this year I am going to change that. This video and blog makes me even more excited, and I thought that I couldn’t get anymore! Thanks!

Lauren on September 29th, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Octboer was already my top three favorite months – this just makes it even better. Hope to catch this!!

april from UT on October 1st, 2009 at 12:50 am

We loved the Halloween Screams fireworks. They really are amazing!

Lisa on October 8th, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Heather, I went and saw the halloween screams show on saturday, and loved it so much I went back yesterday to see it again! I LOVE the version of Grimm Grinning Ghosts done in the harmonizEd style, do you happen to know if that version is available for purchase anywhere? Thanks!

Mark on October 10th, 2009 at 12:43 am

We first saw the fireworks from the hotel room. My initial response – yawn, yawn, no biggie, some fireworks in the sky. I missed the boat on that one.

Words cannot express how good this show was. It is a must see event and the ONLY place to see it, is on grounds where you can hear the narration and music and have a view of the castle.

My kids have been singing Grimm Grinning Ghosts for two days. I am also looking for the version played at the show.

Cassandra on October 10th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I am one of of disney’s BIGGEST fans and i realy like the whole idea of having a Halloween fireworks show ! Hopefully other fans will like just as much as i love it…. Happy Halloween you guys !

Christal on October 12th, 2009 at 8:38 pm

I thought that this was just going to be another firework show, but we were at Disneyland Saturday and it was my favorite show. I loved how they did they lights on the castle and the fire was really cool! Disney always amazes me!

Katrina from CA on October 13th, 2009 at 1:38 am

I just watched the show this weekend and I must say it is the BEST fireworks show I have ever seen. It is the total sensory experience. The imagineers really outdid themselves this time!

Debbi on October 21st, 2009 at 4:11 pm

It is a fabulous fireworks display. The soundtrack is amazing. Does anyone know if it is available for purchase?