Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from the Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort

Insider Tips For Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

posted on September 30th, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Tweets to our @DisneyParks Twitter account show us that there’s plenty that you’re looking forward to at this year’s Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom Park.

Early favorites have been our exclusive events: Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade and the “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks. If you haven’t seen it, the parade is unique. It begins with a ride by the Headless Horseman and showcases Disney characters in costumes. During the fireworks, Disney villains go trick-or-treating in the sky.

To make the event special for you, we’re offering some insider tips:

• Look for the white balloons throughout the park to find the trick-or-treat locations
  • Trick-or-treat lines get shorter as the night goes on
  • To purchase your Pirate’s League experience, call 407-WDW-CREW early as the location is only open until 8 p.m. on party nights
  • View the second parade, it’s less crowded
  • The candy mix is the same at every treat location, so there’s no need to “hunt” for the good stuff around the park
  • While there will be event-themed merchandise throughout the park, visit Merchant of Venus in Tomorrowland as that location will be the Halloween headquarters

You should know that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the only opportunity for the family to dress up in Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat at the Magic Kingdom Park.

There are several more parties between now and closing day on November 1. Parties are slated for:

October 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
November 1

And remember, this is a separately priced event. Valid special event theme park tickets are required. Go to www.disneyworld.com/halloween or call 407/W-DISNEY to purchase your tickets.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Vacation Planning, Walt Disney World Resort

13 Comments 1 Reply

michele from FL on September 30th, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Great video and cool story. I love the tips. Thanks!

Deborah on September 30th, 2009 at 2:18 pm

My husband and I attended last Fridays “ Mickey’s not so Scary Halloween Party” and we had the time of our lives. Thank you Disney for making us feel like little kids again with our bags full of candy and feeling tired by the end of the night. It reminded me of how I felt every Halloween night as a child. I can’t wait till next year.

Thomas on September 30th, 2009 at 3:04 pm

That’s great. Glad you enjoyed the Party.

gary on September 30th, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Great tips…This is the one hard ticket event that I have not had the chance to attend but would really love to make it one of these days…heard great things about it and gotta see the headless horseman.

Lee on September 30th, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Those are great tips. I would say the most important is to view the second parade. Believe me, it is A LOT less crowded than the first viewing.

Make sure to get a great spot for the fireworks and watch the second parade if you can.

Jacob on September 30th, 2009 at 3:44 pm

These parties are a lot of fun! But, they are really expensive.

Robert from MI on September 30th, 2009 at 4:38 pm

This party is always fun!!!

Renee from FL on October 1st, 2009 at 10:45 am

looking forward to another Happy Halloween with Mickey and the gang!!!! Miss the leaves changing in the north, so it makes me feel like I am home again!

Kelly from CA on October 1st, 2009 at 11:11 am

I bought a ticket for a Halloween party at Disney’s California Adventure. Is this Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? If not, what is the difference?

Bob from NC on October 2nd, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Nice video and great tips! My wife and I are taking our 2-year-old son to our first MNSSHP at the end of the month and we can’t wait! He and I both have October b-days so this will be an extra magical way to celebrate this year.

Hendrik from Jakarta on October 3rd, 2009 at 5:36 am

hei i really want to see that event at america
i think halloween in hongkong not so good as in america
cause it was to small

Jeff on October 4th, 2009 at 10:48 pm

I agree with all the tips! We went to the 9/22 event, and what a blast! The candy lines really do thin out as the night goes on, and even if you see a long line early on, the Cast Members move them along quickly.

One other tip, though I am not sure this is something that happens ever night: look for special hand-outs back by the Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain dance area – folks were handing out very cool motorized Star Wars toothbrushes!!

And if candy is not your thing, all the candy stations also were handing out small boxes of raisins.

We opted for the second parade as well, and while everyone was viewing the first, we hit the rides.

Oh, and also be sure to drop by the Haunted Mansion! They moved a bench right in the Mansion’s front yard by the stagecoach hearse with none other than Madame Carlotta sitting on it!

Allison from MI on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:31 pm

We are heading to WDW for the 1st time next week. Any tips for the best area to sit for fireworks at teh MNSSHP? We are going next Thurs night

Michelle from TN on October 25th, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – the fireworks and the parade were wonderful. Trick or Treating is fun and easy. We were disappointed at the candy handed out. When you pay $100 plus to get in on top of what you paid for the day, getting Kiddie Mix candy (tootsie rolls, suckers and smarties) is not what we expected. We had a great time, do not get me wrong. Just wish the candy had been of better quality.