Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios

A Model Day at Disney Parks – Exclusive Tilt-Shift Video Featuring Magic Kingdom

posted on October 1st, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

In celebration of the Magic Kingdom’s birthday today we have something special for you. We’re giving new meaning to “it’s a small world” on the Disney Parks Blog.

“A Day at the Magic Kingdom Park” is a never-before-seen look at the park in miniature scale. The video is created from a series of photos snapped inside the Magic Kingdom Park. And the trick is tilt-shift photography.

It’s a sunrise-to-sunset story told without words. But the message is clear — celebrate.

Our celebration begins at the Magic Kingdom front gates and the Seven Seas Lagoon. The character train welcome and “Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!” are also featured.

Also, we captured some amazing images of our attractions and the “SpectroMagic” parade on one of the days it was running on Main Street, U.S.A.

Enjoy.

Update: We’ve recently launched a tilt-shift video of Epcot. Watch it here.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Sharlene on October 3rd, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Fascinating, almost as good as being there, nah but it was great.

Susan on October 3rd, 2009 at 9:34 pm

I am so blown away by this video!! As part of the Disney Store family ( I am an ASM ready to Celebrate my 15th yr in our store!)and it is people like yourselves that keep the Magic happening for all of us by sharing your talents and love of all things Disney !! I will be watching this daily and dreaming of my next trip and letting it remind me why we do what we do for our Guests everyday:)

Kathy on October 3rd, 2009 at 10:01 pm

great video! was there only two weeks ago can’t wait to go back!

Brian on October 3rd, 2009 at 11:44 pm

This is an awesome video. My family loved it. Are there any other videos like this one available?

Thomas Smith on October 6th, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Glad to hear. This is our first tilt-shift video at Disney Parks.

Jackie from WA on October 4th, 2009 at 12:14 am

Truly amazing ~ you picked perfect times & places to film ~ awesome!!! Thanks so much!

Wallace from MN on October 4th, 2009 at 1:29 am

VERY impressive; thanks so much for sharing this! Hope to see the other 3 parks sometime too!

patty on October 4th, 2009 at 7:30 am

Absolutely, positively made my day! I felt like I was right there in the land of magic! Thank you so much!

Robert from FL on October 4th, 2009 at 8:54 am

David,

This is awesome! Typical cutting edge work from one of the best photographers that I know. Great job here. Thoroughly enjoying. I agree with one fan comment…..Where are the fireworks? That would have been the icing on the cake! But this is just a wonderful effort and well worth the work involved. Fantastic!!! I didn’t see a photo credit on this piece, but found out from Gene that it came from your creative mind. I was not surprised. Bob D.

Debra from NJ on October 4th, 2009 at 9:15 am

T-riffic! Technically awe-inspiring, artistically amazing and truly entertaining! You made my day:)

Olivia from CT on October 4th, 2009 at 2:46 pm

That video is fantastic. It really brings the magic to life without having to say anything…makes me want to go back even more!!

amy from MO on October 4th, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Fun video & a great way to put some Disney spirit in my day!

Tom on October 4th, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Amazing! Hopefully there are more coming for the other parks as well… I’d particularly like to see one of EPCOT.

Shane on October 4th, 2009 at 9:06 pm

fantastic video. I can’t wait to go back to the World. I was wondering how many pictures were used in the video? The music was a nice touch.

Thomas Smith on October 6th, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Thanks for the kind words. More than 2,200 images were used in the video.

Cindy on October 5th, 2009 at 12:58 am

So Magical! Great Job on the Video. My 17 yr old and 7 yr old absolutly loved this! (As did I!). We will be there on the 26th of this month to celebrate our 7 yo son’s 8th birthday and his first visit to the Magical World of Disney. We took our 17 yr old on HER 8th birthday for her first visit so it’s become somewhat of a tradition for us. We can hardly sleep from the anticipation and excitment of our upcoming Disney Trip!!!

Bill from IL on October 5th, 2009 at 9:53 am

That was absolutely awesome!!! Makes me want to go back, but then I want to retire and work at Magic Kingdom! I’d love to see the same kind of video of what happens at night!

Bill from IL on October 5th, 2009 at 9:54 am

And by the way…..makes me wish the webcams were back again!

Kim on October 5th, 2009 at 12:13 pm

I love this! Thanks for the zipidee do da day! Please create videos for the other 3 parks – you could definitely sell this as a DVD or download – I would buy it. I felt like I was in the park for a moment.

Lee from FL on October 5th, 2009 at 1:58 pm

David,

Fantastic! I especially loved the “SpectroMagic” part. I always enjoy seeing a fresh creative idea from the Disney photography dept. I can’t wait to see what you and your team do next.

Marvin on October 6th, 2009 at 11:47 am

That was spectacular!!! We’ll be there in 9 days :)

JEANNIE on October 6th, 2009 at 6:59 pm

The video brings back so many wonderful memories. Can’t wait for our family trip in December to experience everything in real time.

Chris from VA on October 6th, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Awesome Job. Love the ending

Lois from CT on October 6th, 2009 at 9:35 pm

This is absolutely AWESOME and brought back many memories!!! Thank you so much! It definitely put a smile on my face. I’ll have to watch it often between now and my next trip which isn’t until October 2010…can’t wait!!

Rose from PA on October 7th, 2009 at 12:20 am

I was there on Oct 1st! The park closed at 7pm and we attended the Halloween Party that night which is probably why the video did not include fireworks and Spectro Magic parade was from another night.What a great video!!! Makes me a bit teary…..

Todd from FL on October 7th, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Simply Amazing! Simply Disney.

Tina from MN on October 7th, 2009 at 3:11 pm

WONDERFUL! Please continue to do these with the other parks. It was so fun!

james on October 8th, 2009 at 7:02 pm

OMG! This is amazing It looks like a Cartoon. Could these be sold? I will buy the video!!!!

elizabeth on October 9th, 2009 at 10:23 am

Oh my gosh!! I just watched the video and it brought back all the memories of our one and only trip to Disney World. It was just the coolest thing to watch and I agree with everyone else…can you make more for the other parks? Especially Disneyland?? Thank you for making me smile and for making the day just that much brighter!!

Trish on October 9th, 2009 at 10:28 am

Just incredible. Thank you so much *happy tears*

Cassandra on October 10th, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I TRULY THINK THAT THIS VIDEO WAS HISTARICAL ESPECIALLY SINCE EVERYONE IS MOVING SO FAST.THANKS TO THOMAS I WAS ABLE TO HAVE A FAST CHUKKLE 2DAY :)

TROY from IN on October 10th, 2009 at 10:30 pm

AWESOME!!!

TIM from TN on October 11th, 2009 at 4:24 pm

How about one for Disney Cruise ships? The different ports, Castaway Cay, sail away party, people leaving the ship, etc.

Chris from IL on October 12th, 2009 at 2:30 am

This video was great. I visited WDW for the first time this past summer and this brought me back to then. I’ve been really stressed from school recently, but this just made me feel so much better. I loved it, and the music really did something for me. Is there a way I can get the music from this?

Also, it would be really cool if you did this for the other parks, especially Animal Kingdom and EPCOT.

Mark on October 20th, 2009 at 4:39 pm

That looked amazing! Any others?

Just curious, how long did it all take to do? Was it done in one day by a team or over the period of days?

Yumi on October 22nd, 2009 at 11:34 am

Simply Amazing!fantastic video.
Thank you so much! from Japan.