Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Adding New Moms Panelists

posted on October 6th, 2009 by Laura Spencer, Social Media Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Hi, I’m Laura — manager of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel Web site.

What’s the Walt Disney World Moms Panel you ask? It’s a forum where Moms (and dads) answer your online questions and offer advice about vacations to the Walt Disney World Resort. The site is a forum led by real, park-savvy parents who assist with the vacation planning process based on their own experiences.

And it’s not easy getting onto the panel. Literally thousands of applications submitted earlier this month are currently being reviewed to find 10 new panelists who will join the elite roster of “moms” who currently sit on The Walt Disney World Moms Panel.

“We realize moms and dads are online now more than ever, engaging in social media to research tips, connect with others and identify what’s best for their family. The Moms Panel provides an online space where they can interact and receive feedback from parents just like them,” said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “And the response has been phenomenal – more than 25,000 questions have been answered to date. With each new question asked, we look forward to 2010 as our moms continue to help create and share the magic of Disney with others.”

Launched in January 2008, the Web site became an instant success. Due to the popularity, in its second year we added four more positions. The 2010 panelists will be part of the biggest panel to date as they join veteran panelists and begin answering vacation-planning questions in January.

Panelists are independent contractors and are not employed by Disney Parks. Panelists are free to give guests their advice and honest opinions based on their own experiences. Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog for updates on the new search and other unique stories from our now famous panelists.

Filed: Vacation Planning, Walt Disney World Resort

Allison from TX on October 6th, 2009 at 5:31 pm

I LOVE the Moms Panel….and one of those hopefuls for 2010!

Diane from CT on October 6th, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Good luck to all the Moms Panel applicants!

Bridget from CA on October 6th, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Is there any though to started a Disneyland Mom’s Panel? It would be nice for the west coast.

Lee on October 6th, 2009 at 6:10 pm

The Mom’s Panel is one of the hidden gems of the Disney website. It shouldn’t be though. The link to the Mom’s Panel needs to be front and center in the Disney Parks website! I always seem to have a hard time finding this great service whenever I go to the website.

Linda from NH on October 6th, 2009 at 6:58 pm

I am a hopeful too. Can’t wait for the announcements but I’ll keep trying every year regardless. Thanks for creating this Disney !

Shelley from VA on October 6th, 2009 at 7:11 pm

I too am a hopeful, if I am not an accepted applicant I can say I have met some very wonderful people through all of this.

Jackie from WA on October 6th, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Hi Princess Laura Girl!! You answered my VERY first Mom’s Panel question way back at the beginning of 2008 & I’ve been hooked ever since! Your wishes for our pixie-dusted vacation came true time & time again! =) I’m so glad you are having so much fun with this wonderful forum & I can’t wait to see if I get to be a part of it in 2010! ºoº Jackie

Jacob on October 6th, 2009 at 8:40 pm

This is a great service for people who aren’t that familiar with the parks.

Bravo Disney!

Joanne from NY on October 6th, 2009 at 8:47 pm

How do I apply to be on the mom’s panel?

Lisa from CT on October 7th, 2009 at 8:40 am

Pixie dust for the Moms Panel hopefuls!

Doug from IN on October 7th, 2009 at 9:17 am

Love being on the Moms Panel – even as a DAD! Hope for the best for all applicants, and if this is the first you have heard of the panel, make sure you check it out to get customized advice for your next Walt Disney World trip!

Laura Spencer on October 7th, 2009 at 9:53 am

There is some fabulous Moms Panel love out there! These ladies(and Doug) pour their hearts into every response. They truly are Fairygodmothers!

And Jackie girl! It’s good to hear from you! XOXOXOXOX

Kimberly from PA on October 7th, 2009 at 2:22 pm

It’s an honor being on the WDW Moms Panel. Not only do I enjoy sharing the magic with guests going to Walt Disney World and on a Disney Cruise but I also learn so much from my fellow panelists.

Wishing all the 2010 hopefuls lots of pixie dust!

Nancy from PA on October 8th, 2009 at 12:30 am

Thanks for the pixie dust! I’m sure going to need it. I too am one of those Disney Mom hopefulls who have applied for the 2010 panel. I can’t wait to hear the results! My family of “Imagination Movers” is currently planning our March 2010 Disney Vacation. Watch out Mickey Mouse…Here we come!!!

Kathlyn on October 8th, 2009 at 9:23 am

I too am hoping to get one of those coveted 2010 Mom’s Panel spots! I’ve been a huge fan of Disney my whole life, and this is such a great program! Kudos to Disney for realizing the importance of social media!

Heather on October 8th, 2009 at 3:35 pm

Very excited to see this post!!!! May the most “magical moms” win!!!

Laurie on October 8th, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I too feel that it would be great if you had a Mom’s panel for Disneyland. How truly helpful that would be. I have traveled to DL about 35 times and would love to be on that panel.

Theodore from NY on October 8th, 2009 at 10:41 pm

I’m a Disney Dad. My application was in on the 1st day. My first WDW trip was in March 1972 when I was 8 years old and I’ve been hooked ever since. I even moved to Orlando for a time so I could be closer to the magic!!! Good luck to everyone!!