Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Disney Halloween at Sea

posted on October 12th, 2009 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Grim Grinning Ghosts are coming out to socialize aboard Disney Cruise Line this fall with special Halloween happenings on the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder. We’ve stocked up the ships with fun events, special decorations, spooky menu items and themed dance parties on deck. The Halloween fun happens on a special day during every voyage setting sail in October.

Here are some of the happenings:

Trick-or-Treat Trail: Young guests can participate in a trick-or-treat hunt exploring multiple decks of the ship and collecting candy from various stations.

Haunted Parties: Guests will gather at the Goofy Pool for a fun-filled Halloween costume party – Disney Cruise Line style. The world-famous Disney Characters will join in the fun, wearing special Halloween costumes just for the occasion. For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on the Disney ships becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and party sure to bring chills to everyone.

Spooky Movies: The Buena Vista Theatre will feature Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3D. Also, guests can enjoy special ‘al fresco’ showing of Walt Disney Pictures’ The Haunted Mansion on Ariel View TV.

Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including: devil chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and a special cocktail, Witch’s Brew.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Mark from GA on October 12th, 2009 at 3:30 pm

This looks so much fun, DCL! I can safely say that the best vacation of my life was on the Disney Magic two years ago. Wish I could go again for the Halloween festivities!

Jackie from WA on October 12th, 2009 at 3:41 pm

This is just awesome! A Disney Cruise is on the horizon for us! We’re still in the very early planning stages but I may have to make sure it’s in October since Halloween is my favorite holiday!!

Sue from VA on October 12th, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Have enjoyed three Halloween sailings with DCL and loved each one. What fun for the cruisers!

Paul on October 12th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Guys You are the best! , Disney and Disney Parks the #1 wonder in the world! <3

Saudade from FL on October 12th, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Yay! I can’t wait for our cruise on board the Disney Wonder. We will be there Halloween night. I made my own Brier Rose costume just for the occasion.

Shanell from NJ on October 12th, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Nice!! Only 2 more weeks till we sail!

Kerri from NL on October 13th, 2009 at 11:27 am

I hope they do this every year! We were planning on a disney cruise this summer. I think we may have to reschedule it for October 2010 instead. My kids love Halloween and my 6 year old is dying to go on a Disney cruise. What a perfect trip that would be!

Joseph on October 15th, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Honestly, I’d never thought of taking a cruise during Halloween until reading this post. WOW…what a great idea! This sounds like a lot of fun!

Teresa on October 18th, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Any word on if they will do this on November 1st the night after Halloween. We will be cruising that night and wonder since they will still be doing MNSSHP in the park on Nov. 1st will they carry over Halloween on the boat one night as well?