Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

Disney Wonder Receives Magical Makeover

posted on October 15th, 2009 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Today I have a quick update with a behind-the-scenes look at the magical makeover the Disney Wonder is currently undergoing during dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas. Among the highlights is a brand new venue called Outlook Café. Below you can see a photo taken this past week.

Disney Wonder Makeover

Located on deck 10, the new venue will be a retreat for guests to relax and enjoy a beverage or cocktail as they peer out through floor-to-ceiling, curved glass windows.

Outlook Café will become the perfect place to take in the breathtaking vistas and natural wonders of Alaska when the Disney Wonder makes its way to America’s last frontier in the summer of 2011. Departing out of Vancouver, the Disney Wonder will offer seven-night cruises to Alaska from May 3 to September 6, calling on Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan.

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disney Cruise Line

Christine from DC on October 15th, 2009 at 11:47 am

Any idea if the Wonder is getting Ocean Quest for 11-13 year olds? Thanks!

Pattie from TX on October 15th, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Great idea on the blog Sifrino. I so want to take a trip on the Wonder. We’ve never taken a cruise, but have been considering an Alaskan voyage! What fun. Keep in touch. Pattie

Joseph on October 15th, 2009 at 2:24 pm

I was on the Wonder just a few months ago…WOW, what an outstanding experience it was for a first-time cruiser! Now, since enhancements are being made, I guess I’ll just have to take the family on another trip!

Kathleen on October 15th, 2009 at 3:52 pm

We will be on the Wonder next week – can’t wait to see the changes!

Marcia from NH on October 15th, 2009 at 4:17 pm

I was on the Wonder about a month ago and there was a blue tarp covering this area. Glad to know it’s getting an update. What else is going on during the dry dock?

barbara from NY on October 15th, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Thanks for the picture of the Wonder, I will be sailing on her in the beginning of December and can’t wait to see all the changes in preparation for Alaska! I have always wanted to go to Alaska, and can’t think of a better ship to take me there!

Judith on October 15th, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Will be looking when I cruise on the 25th to see the changes.

Susan on October 16th, 2009 at 9:33 am

I love the improvements!

Jose from FL on November 3rd, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I’m sailing next Dec 13th, does andybody knows what others changes being made at the Wonder? some staterooms upgrade?