The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Finding Your First Hidden Mickey At Disney Parks

posted on October 23rd, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Judging from responses to our last “Hidden Mickey” post, there are favorite patterns, silhouettes and abstract images scattered throughout Disney Parks, including several in The Haunted Mansion.

Disney Imagineers have placed them like Easter eggs throughout the property and inside resorts – like today’s example. Do you know where it can be found?
Hidden Mickeys Appear Everywhere

Yes, this “Hidden Mickey” is located on a miniature merry-go-round horse in the lobby of Disney’s Boardwalk Resort. It’s one of my first discoveries. Do you remember the first “Hidden Mickey” you ever spotted? Was it by accident?
Find Your First Hidden Mickey

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Meredith from DC on October 23rd, 2009 at 2:35 pm

i especially like finding hidden mickeys when i’m away from the parks! i know they’re not the same but they just make me happy!

Cheryl on October 23rd, 2009 at 3:07 pm

The first hidden mickey I found was on the Jungle Cruise. On one of the boats.You can only see it when you’re waiting in line up on the 2nd floor. If you look down you can see an old pan hanging on one of the boats and it has a Mickey head painted on it. I was so excited when I found it. Looking forward to spotting more. I’m ALWAYS on the lookout for hidden Mickeys

Carrie on October 23rd, 2009 at 3:09 pm

I love finding hidden Mickeys!! That said, I do not like it when too many of them get pointed out to me. I like to find them myself. Makes me feel like an insider! ; )

Rachael on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:43 pm

…does everything in Mickey’s House count? *bricked*

I can’t really remember the FIRST Hidden Mickey I found… but I’m willing to say the planets on the Astro Orbiter or the hubcaps in the line for Roger Rabbit… now that I think about it, I’m sure it was those hubcaps.

Kristi on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:08 pm

The plates in the Haunted Mansion… it has to have been!

Jodi on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:12 pm

For annual pass holders and former cast members like myself, finding hidden Mickeys is a great way to enjoy the park! We have big family debates about some we find, and take pictures of many of them to compile, one day, into our own personal Hidden Mickey album!

david from CA on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:48 pm

i love finding new ones. We just got back from disneyland and found one we never noticed before on POTC it is behind the map at the end of the ride there are 3 leaves to form a hidden mickey. Which if not mistaken is 4 hidden mickeys on 1 ride.

Chris on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:12 pm

I have a Hidden Mickey photo album, which is full just from Disneyland and California Adventure. Some are now gone, but I find new ones every time I visit the resort – I need more space in my album! I take a close up, then a wide angle so you can see from whence the Hidden Mickeys come. I can’t get a shot of the Haunted Mansion plates, but I keep trying. Turns out there is plexiglass behind the railing that reflects the flash, so I use ambient light now. This is so fun!!

Scott from NJ on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:38 pm

I’m at WDW right now and I just found a great Hidden Mickey today!

On the great movie ride during the “gangster” sequence (with James Cagney etc) just as the vehicle turns right on the left-hand side there is a bulletin board on the wall full of posters. If you look at the bottom of the board there is clearly Mickey Mouse’s legs and tail! When I saw this and pointed it out to my girlfriend we both started pointing at it and even the guide took notice and laughed. Even though it was not the first hidden mickey we’ve found, it is definitely going to go down as one of the most memorable.

Alison on October 24th, 2009 at 12:04 pm

The first one I noticed was in Spaceship Earth at EPCOT, before the remodel. It was in the ‘future’ younger boys’ room. There was a plate with Oreo cookies on it – if the maintenance crew didn’t fix it, the three made Mickey ears. :)

Sandra on October 26th, 2009 at 6:13 pm

The first one I found was The Pirates of the Carribean. Just as you enter into the town between the two ships firing canonballs at each other. Up on your right hand side you can see the bricks have been removed in the shape of Mickey. My favorite mouse of all.

Linda on October 27th, 2009 at 4:02 am

It’s really fun to buy the book and use the book while looking. My grandchildren and I play games looking for the Mickey’s.

I have been visiting D~Land since one week after it opened and I was 12 years old. I have some wonderful memories.

Jeromy on October 28th, 2009 at 1:09 pm

We love looking for hidden Mickeys! It’s always a contest for us to see who can find the most. It’s a great way to pass the time while waiting in line and it’s just an extra special treat when you find one.

Amanda from NY on November 19th, 2009 at 5:06 pm