Disney Cruise Line

Get Ready for a Big Disney Cruise Line Announcement!

posted on October 27th, 2009 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Hey Disney Parks Blog readers! I’m writing this post as I pack my bags and get ready for a trip to the Big Apple. The reason, in a just a couple of days we are hosting a big event in New York City to unveil details of our new ship, the Disney Dream.
Disney Dream Ship Rendering

While I can’t take all of you to New York with me, I want to give you a “virtual invitation” to be part of the happening through a live webcast.

Join us at www.disneycruiselineevents.com/disneydream on October 29 at 4:15pm Eastern as we reveal many surprises awaiting passengers aboard the Disney Dream.

You’ll even get the chance to interact with us by sending your questions about the Disney Dream so make sure to tune in.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Robert from FL on October 28th, 2009 at 12:20 am

I have been waiting for this for SO long! It’s going to take a lot to outdo what you did with the Disney Magic and Wonder, but Disney is always outdoing itself! I’m so anxious to see what DCL has up their sleeves. I just hope my dial-up internet connection cooperates enough so I can participate.

ANDREW from ENGLAND GB on October 28th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

The ship looks very nice, can you confirm DCL will do anything possible to keep prices in reach of families, as now you have extra capacity, it would be nice to open up cruising to more people and price is often the factor, even though the cruise is nearly all inclusive.

More family rooms??

Mary Jane from NY on October 28th, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Been anxiously waiting for news on the new ships….we were on Maiden Voyage of the Magic and would love to be on the MV of the Dream as well. Been hooked since Day 1 of DCL!!!

DCL should really bring a ship to NYC for some promos and publicity!!! The ship would be seen by many thousands of commuters on their way into Manhattan. A DCL ship there could stop traffic on the West Side Highway!!!

We will be tuned in tomorrow at 4:15!

Linda from FL on October 28th, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I just received the new D23 magazine and the drawings of the interior of the Dream look amazing. Our family is very excited about the annoucement tomorrow and can’t wait to sail on the new ship. We are already scheduled for a European Cruise in 2010.

Sitting on the edge of our seats to hear the ports of call for the Dream! Cruising on DCL is a step above the rest!

barbara from NY on October 28th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I am so excited , I can’t wait to see the Disney Dream!!!! I will definitely be watching tommorrow! I am going on my 8th Disney cruise in December, I have been on the Magic and the Wonder, I love them both, and I will be making resvations to sail on the Disney Dream as soon as it becomes available!

Dale from MD on October 28th, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Would love to hear some more info on what the “adult-exclusive” areas are going to be like on the Dream. Hopefully a more exclusive Quiet Cove that won’t have the foot traffic that we have on the Wonder and Magic.

Can’t wait for the new info!

Andrew from NJ on October 28th, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Really looking forward to tomorrow’s announcement about the Dream. We have sailed on the Magic six times and will be sailing on the Wonder for the first time in April 2010. We will most likely be booking a cruise for the Dream while on the Wonder next year.

Zev from NJ on October 28th, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Can’t wait! Great, now I won’t be able to sleep. Thanks Jonathan! :)

Good luck tomorrow,
Z (mouseketweeter)

Cynthia from FL on October 29th, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Aw, I can’t see the webcast – but I’m sure it will be all over the place to show us the new Dream – can’t wait to sail on her!