'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Victoria & Albert’s New Year’s Eve Event Announced

posted on October 21st, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

For the first time, our award-winning Signature Dining restaurant, Victoria & Albert’s in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, will be offering a special New Year’s Eve experience.

Victoria & Albert’s restaurant is known for its special, personalized touches — and this event will be no exception. A chef and sommelier will prepare a menu that includes caviar from around the world and a collection of some of the most eclectic and famous champagnes available. Also, Chef Scott Hunnel and his team will make personal appearances during the event.

The eight to 10 course menu with wine and gratuity will be $375 plus tax. You should know that guests must to be older than 10 years of age to attend and older than 21 to be served alcohol.

Booking has already begun for the event. Visit www.disneyworld.com for more details or call 407-WDW-DINE.

Filed: Disney Dining, Vacation Planning, Walt Disney World Resort

Louis on October 21st, 2009 at 11:22 am

I went to Victoria & Albert’s for the first time early last year, and have to say that it was undoubtedly one of the finest dining experiences I ever had – anywhere. The atmosphere, service, and of course cuisine afforded me one of my most remarkable Walt Disney World memories.

Now with this New Year’s Eve event, I think a “research trip” may be in order… ;)

AJ from TX on October 21st, 2009 at 11:28 am

Hooray! This sounds fantastic. Probably a bit too steep in price for this year, but perhaps we’ll plan a first anniversary trip next year.

michele from FL on October 21st, 2009 at 2:50 pm

This sounds like a wonderful event and something worth saving for as a special treat.

Melanie from NC on October 21st, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Wow – what a way to ring in 2010! I’d love to attend, but will have houseguests that week. As extravagant and delicious as the ‘normal’ menu is reported to be at Victoria & Albert’s, I’d be more likely to spend the extra money to go if there was a special event menu with pairings like this.

Carlitos on October 22nd, 2009 at 11:31 am

I want to go!

Bill on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:33 pm

My Wife and I LOVED eating at Victoria & Albert’s. Our first and only visit was one year before our wedding, October 18th. Now being seven years after that trip, I look back at all the adventures we have been through and look forward to the day when we can return. Especially with our two sons.

Kimberly from MD on October 22nd, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I celebrated my first wedding anniversary at WDW and we had dinner at Victoria and Albert’s. It was worth EVERY PENNY! The food was beyond wonderful. The service was even better than the normal Disney service you have come to expect. I would love to do this NYE dinner, but finances aren’t allowing it this year.

While you can bring kids 10+, I don’t really think it would be a good idea because the atmosphere is really not made for children. But if your kids are mini-adults then have at it.

I hope it isn’t a one time thing.