Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Mobile Magic – First Disney Parks Mobile App Now Available

posted on November 11th, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

It’s here. Our first official Disney Parks mobile application is now available and you’re invited to check it out.

Trying Mobile Magic is simple. Verizon Wireless customers can download the application for $9.99 for 180 days.   Just go to the Media Center to “Browse & Download,” then “Get New Applications.” You’ll then find Mobile Magic in the “Travel & Navigation” folder.  The app can also be found by texting Magic to 2777 later today.

You should know that there’s a 24-hour free trial available for a limited time if you’d like to test it out. In either case, download and message charges may apply. Airtime or megabyte data charges may also apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications. You can access the Disney Parks mobile web site by going to either m.disneyland.com or m.disneyworld.com on your mobile web browser.

Mobile Magic Mobile Magic
Mobile Magic Mobile Magic
Mobile Magic Mobile Magic

The application is ready to use but the team will be fine tuning it until January. Mobile Magic is bringing FASTPASS return times, attraction wait times for the park you are in, extensive information on character locations and more for Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks to your Verizon Wireless phone. And, even if you are not a Verizon Wireless subscriber, you can still use your mobile phone to access select park information and on the Disney Parks Mobile web sites.

Here’s the list of phones that the app is currently available on:

– LG Glance
    - Samsung Trance
    - Moto V3m
    - Moto Barrage
    - Moto VU204
    - LGE VX-8360
    - Motorola RIZR Z6TV
    - Motorola VU30 (Rapture)
    - Motorola Z6c
    - Samsung SCH-A990
    - Samsung SCH-U620
    - Samsung SCH-U900 Flipshot
    - LG VX 9100 – enV2
    - LG VX 9200 – enV3
    - LG VX 8300
    - LG VX8370
    - Motorola V9M
    - Motorola W766 Harmony
    - Motorola VE
    - Samsung U640 Buddy
    - Samsung SCH – U650 (Sway)
    - Casio Hitachi Exilim C721

Update: New Phones Added

- Nokia 6315i
    - Nokia 2705 Shade
    - CDM – 8975
    - LG VX 8600
    - LG VX9400
    - LG VX9800 V
    - LG VX9900 enV
    - Nokia Twist 7705

The Following Touch-Screen Devices Added

- LG VX8575 – Chocolate Touch
    - LG VX 9600 – Versa
    - LG VX 9700 – Dare
    - LG VX 10000 – Voyager
    - LG VX 11000 – enV Touch

The list of Verizon Wireless phones that Mobile Magic will be available on is expected to grow to include “touch” handsets and smartphones in the upcoming weeks.

Here are some more screenshots:

Mobile Magic Mobile Magic
Mobile Magic Mobile Magic

There are even more screen shots below:

Mobile Magic Mobile Magic
Mobile Magic Mobile Magic
Mobile Magic Mobile Magic
Mobile Magic Mobile Magic
Mobile Magic Mobile Magic

Here’s more information on the Mobile Magic Application. Of course, there are some official details you should know about: The downloadable Mobile Magic application for Verizon Wireless subscribers is available for purchase. Message and data rates also may apply. Coverage not available everywhere. Availability subject to handset limitations. If you’re under 18, get your parent’s permission first. Valid theme park admission required.

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney Differences, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Vacation Planning, Walt Disney World Resort

Susan from CA on November 20th, 2009 at 8:09 pm

I sure wish it was available for the Blackberry. I go all the time and would love to plan out stuff before I go.

Scott from MA on November 23rd, 2009 at 10:18 am

Does anyone know roughly when this will be available for Blackberry Devices? I am going to Disney World this weekend and would love to be able to use this on my Storm2. The posting says “upcoming weeks” for touch devices so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Kari from MO on November 23rd, 2009 at 10:59 am

Hopefully more BlackBerry versions will be available soon. We go to WDW every year & I know we could definitely use this.

Dirk from FL on November 23rd, 2009 at 11:20 am

I am following the Blog folks on Twitter. I asked for an update/ETA on BBs. No info yet. I also volunteered to Beta over Xmas if it is at that stage and they need people…..We’ll see….

Jackie from WA on November 24th, 2009 at 12:54 am

I am very excited to see a cool application that is not for the IPhone only ~ I happen to be a Verizon customer so that works for me too…of course! But, I’m just saying that every cool application is ALWAYS for the IPhone. I have a blackberry & am hoping that by the time I need it, it will be available for use on a blackberry! :)

Scott from MA on November 24th, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Any updates or information on blackberry roll-out?

Dirk from FL on November 25th, 2009 at 12:20 pm

+1. Any updated BB info?

Jarrod on November 25th, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Thanks for making this app and as all fans should know Disney is a business and therefore wouldn’t want to put this great app. on a inferior wireless carrier. Instead you chose the one with the most reliable service. Kudos to Disney on this wise choice. I’m so looking forward to it being available for the Droid. Having this app. will certainly take the guess work out of going to Disneyland for a couple of hours or not. Disney and Verizon doesn’t get any better than this!! Just say NO to the iphone (because there’s always “mousewait” for them)

Bill on November 26th, 2009 at 2:37 am

+1 for Blackberry support. The entire family runs on BB devices, and as premium annual passholders, we are at the park frequently. Heading to DLR in a few weeks and it’d be great to give this a go.

Marti on November 27th, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Please please please Blackberry 8330 by Jan 10, 2010. How will I know if it is added? Go Verizon?

Corinne on November 28th, 2009 at 4:24 pm

When will this be available for Blackberry!?!?!?! I was unbelievably disappointed when this app was released and it was not released for the Blackberry platform.

Tony on November 30th, 2009 at 9:51 am

I want this for my Droid! Please, but what is this 9.99 for only 180 days that’s like $25 a year. I am an annual passholder and don’t want to have to keep shelling out for the same app. I am bummed they don’t have it for my phone, I won’t be able to use it on my birthday, in like a week and the price is fine if you only go once or twice a year (within a 180 day period). In this economy give me a break. I have been out of work for 8 month (got my pass before I was out of work)Disneyland is my one joy. Make it a one time fee and available for my Droid. :)

Claudia on November 30th, 2009 at 12:49 pm

I’m so excited about this application. I am a Verizon subscriber and can’t wait for it to be made available for blackberry users. My boyfriend and I who are disney lovers were so excited when we saw the release date was coming up and dissapointed we can not access this via our blackberry’s. Please add this soon..like this month. :)

Kyle on November 30th, 2009 at 4:46 pm

RAWR, it doesn’t work on Blackberry’s. No bueno…

Karen on December 2nd, 2009 at 3:10 pm

I hope Verizon and Disney get the eV series up on the list of compatible phones soon. I have an eV3 and my daughter has an eV-touch. We aren’t going to Disneyland until June of 2010 but it would been nice to get it a little sooner so we can familiarize our selves with it.

Amy on December 3rd, 2009 at 6:50 pm

It is a neat app, However it is just as easy to walk over to the Ride Wait board on Main Street and view the times, and ask the cast member where the characters are. They have a list of all of them. Same with the dining info. And that is free.

Kristy on December 4th, 2009 at 2:50 pm

I am very anxious to get the app for my Blackberry phone. This is such a fabulous idea and I am more than willing to pay the $10 fee – Can’t wait to see the app come full circle for other phones and carriers

Scott on December 9th, 2009 at 8:39 am

Please make this for android users. If not, please open the source so android users can port the application from basic BREW to android. The intelligence of many of the android community is incredible. They have already hacked the Droid and it can be rooted. Those same people can port this application to android 2.0 in less than a week.

I would truly love this application for my trip in March. I hope I can have it by then.

justin on December 9th, 2009 at 9:38 am

I also switched to Verizon and got two Droids. As Vacation Club members we go to Disney World often. We just went in October and we will be back the first week in January. It would be nice to have this service on Verizon’s Flagship smartphone.
Impatiently waiting

Santo from NJ on December 9th, 2009 at 9:54 pm

I am also a Droid user and I will be in Disney in Feb. I would purchase this App as soon as it is available on the Droid!!! I s there anything else we can do to speed up the process?

Scott on December 10th, 2009 at 10:49 am

Releasing the source code to the community would be the fastest. Not to take away from the developers there, but the community is far more efficient. On a device that was designed not to be hacked easily, it was hacked in a month. I truly believe if they went to an android community and asked for ac volunteer, they could have it ported, tested, and released in a week with the source code. The BREW operating system is very basic. I would not be surprised if someone could code a BREW emulator to allow the application to run. However, you still would not be able to install the application.