Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park at the Walt Disney World Resort

Reflection of China

posted on November 9th, 2009 by Gene Duncan, Photographer, Walt Disney World Resort

Reflection of China

In 2001, I embarked on a personal “art” project within World Showcase at Epcot. I visited various countries and tried to capture the essence of their cultures through their architecture. This image is part of that personal project, and is really a rather “tongue-in-cheek” look at China. Remember the old saying about digging to China? Of course, if you flip the image, it becomes just a reflection in a body of water. I used a Leica loaded with slide film.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Tom on November 9th, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I love the deep blue reflection of the sky with the strong vignetting. This shot isn’t all that possible now, as the water has become overgrown. However, there are various areas throughout EPCOT (monorail track shots are the first that come to mind) where you can accomplish a similar style of shot. Nice work.

Patricia on November 9th, 2009 at 3:49 pm

So clever to physically flip the picture (you should have seen me turning my laptop upside down!) – I’m going to try it myself. Thanks…and I know exactly where you took this. It’s one of my favorite spots in EPCOT.

Sandra from IN on November 9th, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Gorgeous shot, Gene (as usual, from what you’ve shown us so far!)

So… if we’ve just “dug to China”… shouldn’t we be wearing our scuba gear about right now? ;-) (sorry, just couldn’t resist!)

Brian from FL on November 9th, 2009 at 8:22 pm

OK, honestly, you had me going there for a minute. That is really a nice shot. I love the architecture of China. I try to spend some time every visit to shoot something different there.

Carla Rae from TX on November 10th, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Gorgeous!!

Karen from MA on November 10th, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Fantastic shot! I love reading your blogs & viewing your pictures. After seeing your pictures, I’m always anxious to get back to WDW to experiment with my photos. Your work is awesome!