Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios

A Model Day at Epcot — Exclusive Disney Parks Tilt-Shift Video

posted on December 3rd, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

It’s ready…our next tilt-shift video is finished — and this time there are fireworks. As you know, our first video was launched to celebrate Magic Kingdom Park‘s birthday. Now, just in time for Walt Disney’s birthday on Dec. 5, we’re sharing this never-before-seen “miniature scale” look at Epcot:

Our celebration begins at Spaceship Earth at Epcot and then covers the park. Your favorite World Showcase areas are featured and there’s another special ending too.

Also, you asked and we listened. Our project champion, David Roark, manager of creative photography for Yellow Shoes Creative Group, was able to capture fireworks. This time you’ll see images of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. David did it by snapping one frame a second — using many of the same techniques from “A Model Day at Magic Kingdom Park.” Let us know what you think in the comments.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

mark on December 4th, 2009 at 12:32 pm

I thought the music was perfect, the way it synced with the Test Track vehicles was superb!

Esther from FL on December 4th, 2009 at 5:03 pm

A fabulous way to have a magical internet experience and transport mydelf to my favorite place on Earth!

Debbie on December 4th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

How can I share this on Facebook?

Thomas Smith on December 6th, 2009 at 11:29 am

Hey…the embed code can be found on our video player or you can grab the URL of this post.

Lillian from CA on December 4th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Oh, I love this one too!! Thanks for creating this….it’s very special.

Adam on December 4th, 2009 at 7:34 pm

I love this video! Thanks for the work you guys put into this. I really appreciate it!

Adam

Chris on December 4th, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I love the video and the music. Thanks for making it…can’t wait to see more.

Janet from CA on December 4th, 2009 at 8:17 pm

This is amazing! Thank you so much for this.

Christi on December 4th, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Oh! I loved the music! I see that many didn’t, but I thought it matched perfectly. LOVED IT! Great choice – the rhythm went with the rhythm of the scenes very well. Loved the whole thing!

Michael from NH on December 4th, 2009 at 9:50 pm

I love it, I love it, I love it!!! I was smiling through the Magic Kingdom video, and just about came out of my seat through the Epcot video! I just sent this off to a couple coming with me in March for the first time just so they can get an idea of what our day at Epcot is going to be like! Thank you for this.

jennifer from MA on December 5th, 2009 at 6:08 am

Loved the video, but like so many others found the music repetitive and annoying. There is SO much great music at Epcot — for us, a visit there is as much about all the music as anything else — that this choice seems all the more unfortunate.

Hope plans are in the works for the AK and DHS videos in the meantime!

Susan on December 5th, 2009 at 4:30 pm

WOW!! This Epcot video and the Magic Kingdom one are GREAT!!! If you made one for each of the Parks at WDW plus DTD and put it on a DVD to sell for around $10, I’d BUY IT!! It is Soooo much fun to watch!!

Dennis from VA on December 5th, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Awesome photography!!!! (can’t seem to type today)

Katy on December 6th, 2009 at 2:01 am

I actually liked the music, but I loooved the video. Epcot is so beautiful! I like the endings that are becoming a theme with these videos with the cast coming to wave goodbye.

Martha on December 7th, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Loved the whole concept. Especially the music. Catchy. Wish I were down there in shorts instead of frozen NJ. Keep up the great work.

Jonathon on December 11th, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Very cool, so was the Magic Kingdom film. Are these actually tilt-shift photos assembled into a 1fps video or are they smallgantics? Just curious. Please keep them coming :)

Janet on December 11th, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Woooooooooooooow! this is incredible can you update to include wishes!!! Also what about the other parks and downtown disney!

robert on December 12th, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Wow…very vwey nice….did I mention WOW!?!?!? Thanks for sharing this!!

Rusel on December 17th, 2009 at 10:30 pm

We LOVED the music that was chosen!! My husband loves it and so do my kids!! I agree with Craig it was like a 5 minute vacation at your desk! the kids were dancing around the room. We haven’t been there in 3 years but we hope to be back very soon! Thanks for the good memories.