Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Ghost at Piano Scene

Remembering Roy E. Disney

posted on December 16th, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Tonight, Disney Parks cast members worldwide are mourning the loss of Roy E. Disney. He was a Disney Legend who played an important role in many of our lives. Here are some of our favorite images of Roy over the years:

Remembering Roy E. Disney

Remembering Roy E. Disney

Remembering Roy E. Disney

Remembering Roy E. Disney

Tagged:

Filed: Disney History, Walt Disney World Resort

Philip on December 17th, 2009 at 7:31 am

We will miss you, Roy. :(

May you rest in peace…

tara on December 17th, 2009 at 7:54 am

So sad to hear the news of Roys passing. My prayers go out to all of the Disney family.

robert on December 17th, 2009 at 9:26 am

We are very sad…Roy will be missed.

Mark from GA on December 17th, 2009 at 9:29 am

Roy, give Walt a hug for me when you see him and thank you so much for your contributions to the Disney company and for making my childhood a happier one. We will miss you.

Barb from FL on December 17th, 2009 at 11:38 am

Our family mourns with you and our prayers are with you always. Thank you from our family to yours for all the happiness and joy you’ve brought to us and the hole world. Mr. Disney you will be missed but never far as we keep your memory in our hearts.

Minesh on December 17th, 2009 at 11:55 am

I would like to reiterate the comments from Mark. Thank you Roy and give Walt our best regards. You will be missed.

Toni on December 17th, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Please give your Uncle Walt a hug for me when you see him and thank you so much for your work with the Disney company and for making the childhood of so many, young and old,a happier one. May your legacy live on in our hearts forever.

Wallace from MN on December 17th, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Roy: you did so much to keep the spirit of your Dad and Uncle alive in the company over the years. Thank you from the bottom of my heat, and peace be with you.

Gene Duncan on December 17th, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Roy Disney is the kindest, gentlest man I have ever known. He treated everyone with complete respect, and had a smile and handshake for all. His legacy and spirit will live on.

Jerry on December 17th, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Mr Disney was magic like his uncle and will bo missed by dreamers of all ages!!!!

Dan from hampshire on December 18th, 2009 at 9:34 am

RIP Roy Disney, you where a complete true disney legend, and your impact on the company along with everything that was created during your time will never ever fade. I hope the company can do something in honnor and memory of this amazing man. Forever In our thoughts

Rachel on December 18th, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Roy to me was the guardian of what Walt meant Disney to be. He will be missed!