New Year’s Eve is a popular time to visit the Disneyland Resort, and I can see why, now that I know all the fun things going on.
If you’re still looking for plans on December 31, or if you’re already planning a visit to the Resort that day, it sounds to me like Disney’s California Adventure park is really the place to be.
There is a high-energy pyrotechnic display in Sunshine Plaza at midnight and if you’re looking for great music and want to dance the night away, there are three different dance parties to celebrate the countdown to midnight:
- Power 106 at the Hollywood Backlot Stage is hosting a dance club from 9:30p.m. to 1:00a.m. and promises to blow the roof off.
- You can break out your salsa, samba and popular Latin dance moves at a waterfront club at the Pacific Wharf hosted by DJs from 107.1 KSEE-FM Super Estrella from 9:30p.m. to 1:00a.m.
- If the hottest dance hits from the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s are more your style, then check out the DJs from 104.3 MYfm at Stage 17 near Sunshine Plaza from 9:00p.m. to 1:00a.m.
Can’t decide on just one dance party at Disney’s California Adventure park? I’m told you can bounce from one to another.
In case you’re interested, here’s a look at what’s happening at Disneyland park:
- “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks kicks off the new year at 12:00a.m. in the skies above Disneyland park.
- There’s a Mardi-Gras-style party with live music at the Rivers of America at 8:00p.m., 9:45p.m., 11:00p.m. and 11:45p.m.
- Doc Anello and the Swing Machine perform at Plaza Gardens Stage at 7:30p.m., 8:45p.m., 9:50pm, 11:00pm and 12:15a.m.
- Mickey, Minnie and a DJ will be hosting a party at Sleeping Beauty’s Winder Castle from 9:00p.m. to 12:00a.m.
- The band Surburban Legends rocks Tomorrowland in Tomorrowland Terrace at 8:30p.m., 10:00p.m., 11:00p.m., 11:45p.m. and 1:00a.m.
I’ve never been at the parks for New Year’s Eve, so I’d love to hear from someone who has. What do you like best at the Resort during the New Years celebration?