Cinderella Castle Fireworks Show

Star Wars Weekends 2010 Dates Announced

posted on December 22nd, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Star Wars Weekends

News just in concerning Star Wars Weekends 2010…we’ve confirmed dates for the annual event held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park. Here are the weekends:

• May 21 – 23
  • May 28 – 30
  • June 4 – 6
  • June 11 – 13

If you’ve never been, Star Wars Weekends is an annual event that celebrates the space-fantasy Star Wars Saga and the animated TV series The Clone Wars. There are special shows, presentations and memorabilia. We’re told Disney Park guests can expect a lot of surprises at this year’s event so check back for future updates.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Kollin from SC on December 22nd, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Can’t wait. We haven’t missed a Star Wars Weekend in years. Won’t miss this one. Any celebraties scheduled yet?

Laura from KY on December 22nd, 2009 at 12:58 pm

YAY! Finally! We will be there the 3rd weekend. (And maybe the 4th too). Reservations already made, just waiting for the confirmation from WDW that there was going to be SWWs this year. My 6 year old is SW OBSESSED so he will LOVE it!!

Daniel from FL on December 22nd, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Good to hear there will be another year with Star Wars Weekends, but it is a shame that it could not have coincided with the Lucasfilm’s Star Wars Celebration a month later in August in Orlando. Disney could have enjoyed an even larger attendance for the Weekends.

Mary from MN on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Wow. We’ll make part of the last weekend by the skin of our teeth.

Jeanne on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:27 pm

We need a S.W.W. here in Disneyland, it sux that its in Florida @ WDW cuz my family luv’s Star Wars beyond words & this would be amazing for them 2 get 2 do.

Mike from FL on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Wow, seems like a missed opportunity not to schedule Star Wars Weekends for the same time as the already announced Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando in August, especially considering WDW has already decided to keep Star Tours open a little longer in Florida for the SW Celebration V.

Joseph on December 23rd, 2009 at 4:15 pm

We went last spring for the first time and absolutely loved Stars Wars Weekend! Whether you’re a Disney fan, a Star Wars fan or BOTH, this is a MUST experience! We’ll definitely be going back, maybe even this year!

Craig from OH on December 23rd, 2009 at 5:22 pm

I really hope the dates are similar in 2011; I’m planning a quick Memorial Day weekend to the World and it would be absolutely perfect for my family to get to do SWW for the first time on it!

Heather from IL on December 27th, 2009 at 1:40 pm

SO EXCITED! We made our vacation plans in June stricly for the SWW! Our boys are Star Wars/Disney “crazy” so it will be an extra special time!

Matthew from BEDS on December 28th, 2009 at 3:15 am

Hi – really pleased with this. visiting again from UK in May/June and will be son’s birthday. Went last year to one of the weekends and had a great time.

Tonia from NC on December 30th, 2009 at 9:41 pm

We are so excited to visit Disney and the Star Wars event in 2010, my husband and son are HUGE Star Wars fans. Not to mention we LOVE Disney! Thanks for sharing the information!

Leslie from FL on January 3rd, 2010 at 1:38 pm

My family and I go every year and we are looking forward to this year again!!! Thanks Disney…this event ROCKS!!!

Juan from NY on January 4th, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Can’t wait. Our family goes to Disney every year. My son is a Star Wars fan and this will be our first time going to Disney during the SWW.

Le Var on January 4th, 2010 at 8:54 pm

I wish we had these events in California.

amanda on January 7th, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Star Wars and Disney? Really not much could be better! :)

MARISEL on January 13th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

My boys and my husband (and me!) L-O-V-E Star Wars Weekends and always plan our Disney vacations around that time.. And havent missed one in years!
((Im secretly hoping though that the Anakin from 2007 will be back again!!! He was the B-E-S-T!!!!!))