Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Ghost at Piano Scene

Top 5 Disney Parks Blog Videos Of 2009

posted on December 30th, 2009 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

From day one, video on the Disney Parks Blog has been popular. In fact, since our first Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy post, you’ve watched many years worth of video here, 3+ actually. And yes, there have been favorites. Here are the top five Disney Parks Blog videos of 2009:

In celebration of the Magic Kingdom’s birthday, we gave new meaning to “it’s a small world” with our first tilt-shift video — “A Model Day at the Magic Kingdom Park.” It’s been our most popular video to date.

Next, many of you said the video included in the post “Disney Parks Unveils ‘Small World’ Holiday Spot” gave chills and prompted tears of joy. It features children from around the world coming together for a magical journey to experience the best of Disney Parks.

Our “most popular” video out of Disneyland Resort was a Blog exclusive. We shared a behind-the-scenes look at the new Abraham Lincoln figure — the main attraction in the “The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln” show.

We also shared an amazing Mickey dance routine in October that quickly became a favorite on the blog. The rare video of dancing Mickey is an example of some of the one-of-a-kind experiences that will be taking place at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex this year.

And finishing the list is another unique tilt-shift at Disney’s Epcot created by David Roark, manager of creative photography for Yellow Shoes Creative Group. The video begins at Spaceship Earth and then covers the park.

So, did any other Disney Parks Blog videos make your list of favorites?

Tagged: , , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disneyland Resort, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Bob on December 30th, 2009 at 11:50 am

What a great year of videos from the Disney Parks. My favorite would still have to be “A Model Day at the Magic Kingdom Park”! ºOº I can’t wait to see what wonderful videos you bring us in 2010!

Best wishes for the New Year,
NCDisneyDad Bob ºOº

Kristine on December 30th, 2009 at 11:56 am

I love the video of Mickey’s dance routine! The reaction of the emcee in the background is great.

I can’t wait to see more from the Disney Parks Blog!

Jeffrey from NC on December 30th, 2009 at 12:06 pm

I can’t wait to see the Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom tilt-shift videos!!!

Thomas from CT on December 30th, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I’m one of the ones that get’s chills watching the Small World spot…but I’m torn because I love the Epcot tilt-shift too. Aw, heck! They’re all great! Looking forward to more in 2010!

Connie from CA on December 30th, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Love the videos and look forward to a fast paced “Day at Disneyland”!!!!

Fran on December 30th, 2009 at 2:55 pm

How could you not love these videos? They are just fabulous! My favorites are the tilt-shift videos. I hope you will have more in the future.

david on December 31st, 2009 at 12:13 am

Not sure where to post this, but just wanted to say that this Disney Parks blog has become my favorite page to visit. Excellent, keep it up.

Thomas Smith on December 31st, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Thanks for the kind words, David.

Robert from FL on December 31st, 2009 at 12:18 am

My favorite video was the one previewing the Disney Dream. I really can’t wait to sail on her in May 2011! I know there was also a video of a computer rendering of the Disney Dream’s Aquaduck slide, but I didn’t watch it because I didn’t want to spoil anything. My other favorite videos were the Cinderella Castle Dream Lights video and the Sailor Mickey balloon video from the Thanksgiving Parade.

Graham on December 31st, 2009 at 10:09 am

On the first tilt-shift video, what is the song that’s playing? It’s a perfect match for the video, but now i can’t get it out of my head!

Thomas Smith on December 31st, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Yes, the song sticks with you. It’s Good Morning, Cleveland! – licensed by Extreme Music.

Eric from MI on December 31st, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Looking forward to a “magical” 2010!

Robert from TX on January 4th, 2010 at 10:49 am

Great videos. I did not know Mickey could breakdance :)

Steven from PA on January 11th, 2010 at 8:53 pm

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to visit in January 2011 for our 30th anniversary!