Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Portrait Gallery

Authentic Pizzeria to Open at Epcot’s Italy Pavilion

posted on January 25th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Great news – especially if you share my passion for amazing pizza. An authentic pizzeria will be opening at Italy Pavilion at Epcot later this year and it’s an attention-grabber.

The new 300-seat restaurant will have traditional Florentine architecture, vaulted-ceilings and outside dining. And the food will be authentic — Italian dishes (complimenting the offerings at Tutto Italia ) and pizza from wood-burning ovens.

The pizzeria will be the newest flagship restaurant in the Patina Restaurant Group’s portfolio. And one of the special touches at the Epcot location will be the water. It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.

A name for the family-style pizzeria has not been finalized but we wanted to share this information with you first on the Disney Parks Blog. Construction is currently underway and the restaurant is scheduled to open in fall 2010. Check back for more updates.

Filed: Disney Dining, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Lee on January 25th, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I love pizza, and I love Epcot. This should be illegal. I’m totally looking forward to this!!!

Rebecca from NJ on January 25th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I only wish this was going to be open for our March 2010 trip! Thank you Disney for recognizing the need for a classy pizza place and meeting it in a very Disney way!!

Evan on January 25th, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Interesting that it’s third party.

Still, it looks like a nice addition to EPCOT Center (Which should really be the name of the park… ;) ) and I hope to see some more investment in World Showcase. Especially of the attractions kind.

Jeff on January 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm

If anyone here as eaten at Naples 45 on Park Ave. in New York, it’s run by the same company. They have some of the best pizza in the city, without a doubt. This is great news!

Mark from PA on January 25th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Mama Mia can’t wait. Pizza for lunch or dinner and then walk it off around World Showcase. Yummy!

Steve on January 25th, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Being a Florida resident and originally from NY/NJ, I really miss the pizza. This will be a great way for me to get that taste back.

melissa from AL on January 25th, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I don’t know if it will be the same one but the same company has a place like that in Downtown Disney at Disneyland called “Naples Ristorante e Napolini” You can go to the pantini groups web site and look at all the resturaunst they own and they list some at Disneyland at Downtown and that is one of them, you can click in the information and it will give you the menue. I don’t know if it will be the exact same menue but it may give you an idea what is to come.

michael from NC on January 25th, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Sounds great – it’s been a long time coming, when you consider that a second restaurant was announced for Italy back in 1983! And it’ll fill the glaring lack of pizza, which is good.

Now if we can just get that ride that they planned back in ’83 too… :)

michele from FL on January 25th, 2010 at 4:17 pm

This looks like such a great addition for EPCOT. Yummy!

Kristie from IN on January 25th, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Can’t wait to try in 2011!!

Michelle from ON on January 25th, 2010 at 4:40 pm

LOVE PIZZA and LOVE EPCOT! What a great addition! Can’t wait to try it on my next visit : )

mary from OH on January 25th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

This is awesome can hardly wait to try it…..love Epcot love pizza win win go mickeymouse

Marcia from MA on January 25th, 2010 at 5:17 pm

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Epcot and pizza… what a fantastic combo! Keep it up Disney!!!!! See youo next winter!

Leslie from FL on January 25th, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Ohhhh Yeah! Hopefully it will be open in time for the Food & Wine Festival!!

marlene on January 25th, 2010 at 6:55 pm

YEAY! sooo excited were from Miami & visit the parks every month! Were HUGE Disney freaks! Can’t wait my husband & kids are totally excited about this! Go Disney!

Elaine from ON on January 25th, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Bravo!! It is nice to see Disney listening to the public. Here is a heartfelt request from your Canadian public. We would love to have a Tim Horton’s at the Canadian pavilion only. Tim Horton’s is as close a symbol in Canada as hockey and maple syrup can get. Pizza of course runs a close second.

stephanie on January 25th, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Interesting since pizza originated in the US not Italy

Marc on January 25th, 2010 at 7:30 pm

I’m excited!! I loved the restaurant in Downtown Disneyland that served “real” pizza. Now is this the first totally new thing construction in World Showcase since Norway came in in the late 80′s???

Douglas from MD on January 25th, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Sounds like a great addition to the line up at Epcot!

michael on January 25th, 2010 at 8:00 pm

i am really excited about the new pizzeria, but i only wish it could open sometime in july before my upcoming trip.
best of luck=^)

Jennae from FL on January 25th, 2010 at 8:39 pm

I’m super excited about this. My husband is even more excited. He is hoping that it is like his Grandpop’s pizzeria from MD. We are really hoping that it is open by the last week in September. :)

Qiana from PA on January 25th, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Italy Pavilion is not that big. Where will it be located?

James on January 26th, 2010 at 2:51 am

Pizza actually originated in Naples, Italy. Thus making a pizzeria in the Italy pavilion a natural fit.

Kim on January 26th, 2010 at 8:20 am

Can’t wait to eat there!

Stephanie, actually, the origins of pizza or Greek, not the US or Italy! I don’t care what the origins are, though, I love it, and the Italians made it famous. :-)

Only 14 months until our next Disney trip!! :-)

Kim on January 26th, 2010 at 8:21 am

Oooops…that should be the origins of the pizza ARE Greek, not the US or Italy. Guess I was too excited about the pizza to type properly. ;-)

Leonard on January 26th, 2010 at 8:39 am

I hope is as good as it sounds! Pizza in WS, now thats what I’m talking about!!

Thomas from CT on January 26th, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Hooray! Being from the northeast with a definite Italian heritage and often longing for a good “slice” of heaven (I mean pizza), the lack of quality pizza in the central Florida area will no longer be an issue. Way to go, Disney!!

Michelle from PA on January 26th, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Well it’s about time!!! Although I miss Alfredo’s, a pizza restaurant sounds great!!

lisa on January 27th, 2010 at 4:14 am

Great news. I hope it is open for our next visit.

mark on January 27th, 2010 at 5:29 am

Quote 17. Interesting since pizza originated in the US not Italy.

What! see post 23!! maybe 25 also, but i’d go with Italy for Pizza as we know it today. (not the deep filled rubbish either)

mary on January 28th, 2010 at 7:52 am

Finally, good pizza in Florida! Been waiting for this to happen at Epcot for a while.

TROY from IN on January 31st, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Why is this expected to be so special? It’s not like there isn’t pizza avaialble at Walt Disney World.

I hope it’s not dramtically overpriced like Tutto is.

Bob on January 31st, 2010 at 8:05 pm

They need some good pizza at disney world parks what they have is mediocre at best.Hope it is really good!

Kelly from MA on February 1st, 2010 at 8:46 am

I think having a pizzeria is great and Italy is the perfect place for it, however, I don’t think we needed to know about the 3rd party who is running it, I think leaving that info as “Disney Magic”, would have been better. I don’t know if I will visit it now since it is not authentic Disney. I could just go to NYC to try the pizza there

Julie from PA on February 3rd, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Can’t wait!!! We are traveling to WDW the end of October, and I so hope it’s open by then!!