Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor

First Look: Rehearsal Video of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy in “Disney’s Honorary VoluntEars Cavalcade”

posted on January 8th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

If you want to be the first to see Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy in a parade at Disneyland park, check out the video above. We taped this during a rehearsal after Disneyland park closed on Wednesday night. The video gives a first glimpse of the new “Disney’s Honorary VoluntEars Cavalcade” that will debut today at both Disneyland park in California and Magic Kingdom park in Florida.

As you’ll see, the cavalcade celebrates volunteerism and features Kermit, Miss Piggy, along with special floats and vehicles festooned with bright balloons and flanked by parade dancers. They’re all excited about the new “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” program happening in 2010 (see www.disneyparks.com for terms).

“Disney’s Honorary VoluntEars Cavalcade” precedes “Celebrate! A Street Party” at Disneyland park. You can catch the show at Disneyland park once a day, and there are a few things you should know about the current schedule:

• If there is only one performance of “Celebrate! A Street Party” scheduled for the day, then the cavalcade will happen at that time.
  • If there are two performances of “Celebrate! A Street Party” planned for the day, then you can catch Kermit and Miss Piggy as part of the Cavalcade at the evening parade.

As always, check for show times because they’re subject to change and cancellation.

Check back on the Disney Parks Blog later as Tom Smith will be sharing photos of the parade at Magic Kingdom park and details of how Walt Disney World guests can see the cavalcade.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Fred from CA on January 8th, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Very cool!
Thanks for the video.
I’ll be seeing this in person tomorrow. :)

Rhonda from CA on January 8th, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Please add more muppets everything to Disneyland.. This is cool.

Amanda on January 8th, 2010 at 6:06 pm

That’s a really neat idea to pull in those who’ve volunteered their time who received a day at the park for their service to be included in on such a unique parade to go through the park. ^^ This should be something rather interesting to see

Patricia on January 8th, 2010 at 6:10 pm

We will be on our way in about a hour or so. Hope we get to check it out!!

Shanell from NJ on January 8th, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Can’t wait to see it! We will be there in 16 days!

angie from CA on January 8th, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Wow!!!! that was a fun video. Wish that i could be able to go and see all the wonderful sights!! Looks like so much fun!!!!

Monique from AZ on January 8th, 2010 at 6:42 pm

My kids just saw the preview and they are excited to see it! My littlest said “I hope we get picked!”

Margaret from CA on January 8th, 2010 at 8:16 pm

The parade looks great, but I live in the SF Bay area, and I checked out the give-a-day opportunities near me ON Jan 1st, and most of them wanted a LOT more than a day of my time- one even wanted 12 hours of time split over SIX MONTHS……seemed like the charities were getting greedy………

Carrie from AB on January 9th, 2010 at 11:32 am

That is Great… I am glad :) Disney does it RIGHT!!!! Thanks for the videos. I sure wish I could share them on facebook with all my friends and family :)
Keep up the AWESOMENESS that is DISNEY :o)

Diana from sonora on January 9th, 2010 at 3:46 pm

luv the muppets

Clint on January 10th, 2010 at 12:35 am

why cant those of us that have an annual pass put the free ticket price towards our new pass….I’m going to help either way but it sure would be nice to get a break on my pass by doing this.

Bernadette on January 10th, 2010 at 12:43 am

How cool is this! Thanks Disney for leading the way! Way to go all you Voluntears!

Fred from CA on January 10th, 2010 at 1:03 am

I saw this tonight and it was great! Its so cool to see Muppets in Disneyland.
I love the Muppets!

Amy on January 10th, 2010 at 7:07 pm

A great idea from my favorite place. I love it when Disney leads the way to make everywhere the happiest place on Earth! Can’t wait to see Kermit and Piggy!

Jason on January 11th, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Clint,

From the FAQs:

May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?

Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

Carmela on January 11th, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I love going to Disney I am such a fan Can not wait to see the Muppets

Devyn on January 11th, 2010 at 4:26 pm

This is a wonderful idea and I’m so happy to see Muppets in a parade!! I hope I get picked!

Jeffrey on January 12th, 2010 at 1:22 am

Can you please add Statler and Waldorf on the back of the float with live voices making fun of the crowd???