Mad Tea Party at Fantasyland

Video Preview: What’s Coming Up at Disney’s California Adventure Park

posted on January 4th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

We’ve talked about some of the new, exciting attractions and experiences coming to Disney’s California Adventure park here on the Disney Parks Blog. There are so many fun changes ahead – how can you keep track? Here’s a 4-minute video to get you started and to help give you an overview. As you’ll see, these changes are bringing more Disney into the park and will give you even more to do. We’ll be posting many videos in the coming months to keep you in the loop, and you can always check www.DisneysCaliforniaAdventure.com if you’re looking for more information about a specific attraction you see in the video below.

And, to give you an insider’s look at “World of Color,” Steven Davison, Vice President of Parades and Spectaculars, at Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment will join the Disney Parks Blog this month. Steven is the first Imagineer to join the blog, and when it comes to “World of Color,” Steven is the man behind the magic, so I hope you all enjoy his unique perspective.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on January 4th, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Thank you so much for this video!
I am very excited about these upcoming changes to California Adventure. I’m looking forward to the next video and the next Blue Sky Cellar update! :)

H. on January 4th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Thank you so much! These changes are really getting back to the root of the magic that is Disney, the STORY!!

barbara from NY on January 4th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Thanks for the video!! It all looks so exciting, I cant wait to see it in person, but until then i am looking forward to the next videos! Thanks again for the great info!

Bill on January 4th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Keep up the good work! I can’t wait to see the “flying saucers” come back in Cars Land. That was one of my favorite attractions when I was a kid.

Cori on January 4th, 2010 at 3:08 pm

How exciting! So much fun; thanks for sharing!

Marc from CA on January 4th, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Awesome video! I’m so excited about the “plussing” of DCA, which I think is a great park already and just keeps getting better. Thanks for giving us these excellent updates!

Eddie is a terrific Disney video host! I’m especially glad that Disney finds diverse representatives like Eddie, just as Disney’s fans (us) are wonderfully diverse. I’m wondering: Is Eddie Latino? Does anybody know? Regardless, I’m glad he’s the one showing us DCA with his fun, upbeat energy!

Connie from CA on January 4th, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Although I’ve been to the Blue Sky Cellar several times (and love it!) it’s great to see things in a video like this. EXCITING!!!

Jon from CA on January 4th, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Anyone else think it’s a little weird that Silly Symphony Swings is over layed with Band Concert, when Band Concert wasn’t a Silly Symphony!?

Jim on January 4th, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Wonderful! As ever, you bring us more great reasons to bring the family back to Disney again and again. I’m very excited to come experience the new attractions, and updates, as Disney’s California Adventure continues to evolve.

Cyndee on January 4th, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I can’t wait. This is all very exciting!

Fred from CA on January 4th, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Jon–I remember reading in the Summer 2009 issue of the Disney Twenty-Three magazine that even though The Band Concert is not a Silly Symphony cartoon, the imagineers felt that they name fit because music is at the heart of both The Band Concert and a Silly Symphony.

Henry on January 4th, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Great video–thanks for producing and sharing! Really pumped for DCA 2.0.

judy on January 4th, 2010 at 4:18 pm

OMGOSH… Im so excited about the NEW UPCOMING CHANGE. I just celabrated my 50th. Birthday there with Micky and Friends. Any planning another trip in 2011 for opening of the Little Mermaid, My niece loves that movie. And the best part for me is “THE CARS” i cant wait to see it happining. TOW-MATOR ROCKS…
Walt Disney is AWESOME… Thank you for bring this to life.
Bring it on Disneyland / California Adventure…. WHOO HOOOO

Matthew from AZ on January 4th, 2010 at 4:22 pm

This has the potential to be an expansion for DCA like the ’59 expansion for Disneyland. Would be cool to see a TV special like the one from that time.

Evan on January 4th, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Good stuff. I wish that WDW’s studio park was getting something on this level of expansion.

Happy to see DCA’s problems being fixed.

Jennifer from CA on January 4th, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I’m not so happy about the new entrance. The current tile mosaic is a true work of art and I’d hate to see that go. It seems the new look is much more “Mickey-fied” and a little less “California.”

Chris on January 4th, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I like how the word “Expansion” is used. Even though part of this plan is an expansion, most of it is a re-do. I definitely look forward to when the whole project is complete!

Mary on January 4th, 2010 at 6:11 pm

MARY FROM SANTA BARBARA, CA…. I LOVE THAT THERE IS SO MANY AD ON’S TO CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE…WE GO EVERY YEAR AND ITS EXCITING THERE WELL BE MORE TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!!

veronica from CA on January 4th, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for the video…. I can’t wait to see all the changes, we visit DL and DCA about once a month and are so excited…

Derek on January 4th, 2010 at 6:21 pm

So excited to see the DCA Expansion. I do HATE calling the new land “Cars Land”. I think the new land should be “Radiator Springs”? It’s like calling Toon Town “Who Framed Roger Rabbit Land”.

Jim from NY on January 4th, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I might finally have to make my first trip out to Disneyland!

jenny on January 4th, 2010 at 7:27 pm

So excited to see the Little Mermaid attraction! i was so bummed when Ariel’s grotto got taken out of disneyland to be replaced by some little fairies!!! She’s a classic!! bring her back! the rest is gonna be amazing!

Arthur from CA on January 4th, 2010 at 8:07 pm

It is about time, I am excited to see DCA updated. I look forward to enjoying the new look and attractions.

Ellie on January 4th, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Thank you!! I look forward to the new rides. WHERE WILL THE GOLDEN GATE BE?????

Peter on January 4th, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I can’t wait for these changes!

Amy on January 4th, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I love all the proposed changes except one….please, please don’t get rid of the CALIFORNIA letters in the entry plaza. It is such an iconic photo and meeting spot for tourists and locals alike. I have photos of my kids in the “C” over the years and know it is a popular photo opportunity for many.

John on January 5th, 2010 at 1:05 am

Lots of exciting things in the works….grandkids will love the Cars Land…… water show looks great, but will wait and see…. i hear that Aladdin at the Hyperion will be closing, too bad as the grandkids loved the show and I always make it a point catch a show as the live performance is great and always different…. there are several new reasons to renewal our annual passes.

Eddie is great as a spokesperson… provides a genuine excitement of the upcoming attractions in the video.

Mary from CA on January 5th, 2010 at 5:11 am

I love Disneyland and I’m so excited about the changes I may like Disney California Adventure more. Not a really big fan of it but with the new changes it may change my mind. I love Mickey. I love to watch the shows and I can’t wait to see the new show. Also my almost 5 year old in Feb. daughter loves the Little Mermaid and she can’t wait to see the new attraction featuring the Little Mermaid.

Nancy from NM on January 5th, 2010 at 9:02 am

Very nice! I look so forward to all these improvments. I saw Steve Davison do his World of Color presentation at the Expo and am exited to see him come and give his input.

James on January 5th, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Disnyland brings out the kid in me. I cant wait to see the new things or changes every time I go to DL and DCA.

Roberto from CA on January 6th, 2010 at 12:16 am

I can’t wait! Keep up the good work! Never a dull moment @ Disneyland Resort.

Amanda from NV on January 6th, 2010 at 1:06 am

This makes me smile thank you!

Claudia from FL on January 6th, 2010 at 3:51 am

Great video and cute host! But can anyone tell me what the font is that is used on people’s names? It’s so pretty!

Marc from CA on January 6th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Great video! I just posted it on my blog.

I still don’t know if Eddie’s Latino, and I’d love to find out. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
- Marc

Diana from sonora on January 10th, 2010 at 1:28 pm

i hope its a little less ursula and a bit more erick…kids dont want more scary rides

K from CA on January 11th, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Eddie is a great host isn’t he? A natural . . . Eddie is of Hawaiian, Chinese and Caucasian decent.

santos from sinaloa on January 17th, 2010 at 4:07 am