Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

Walt Disney World Marathon 2010

posted on January 10th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Walt Disney World Marathon

As amazing as this image is (thanks, Garth Vaughan), it’s tough to show the conditions runners faced to begin the 2010 Walt Disney World Marathon today. At start, temperatures were in the low 30s — it was cold. But tens of thousands of participants braved the freezing temperatures and ran the 26.2-mile trek that included all four Walt Disney World theme parks.

Adriano Bastos from Sao Paulo, Brazil crossed the finish line to win the 2010 Walt Disney World Marathon with an official time of 2:22:08. He’s now won it seven times. And Lisa Mizutani, from Tsukuba, Japan, won the women’s division with an official time of 2:51:20.

Congratulations to all of the participants. Also, on Monday, Darrell Fry, Walt Disney World sports media director, will have a unique post from the event that you won’t want to miss.

Filed: Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

11 Comments 1 Reply

Lynn on January 10th, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Congratulations everyone who participated in the half, full and of course Goofy. I am sad I missed this year but hopefully, I will attempt my first Goofy next year!

Denise from NH on January 10th, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I too missed the 1/2 this year after two years of doing it as a family. Cost for the race, flights and hotel stays prevented us this year. The fact that a new grandbaby was born in September did make a difference is one of our teammates training . :0 Hope to do it again in the future it’s a great race and venue.

KD on January 10th, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Hey Thomas

Who won the Wheelchair division???

Thanks

Kelly D <:)

Thomas Smith on January 11th, 2010 at 9:42 am

Hi Kelly…Krige Schabort (1:42:35).

Heather on January 10th, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Congrats to everyone!! Looking forward to my first Disney Marathon next January. See you then!!

Maryellen from NJ on January 10th, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I’m looking forward to my own running of the Disney Marathon. Congrats finishers!

Crystal on January 11th, 2010 at 8:30 am

Congratulations to all the runners! and for surviving the COLD!!! We are making our plans to be there next year.

Allan on January 11th, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Congrats to all Goofy finishers ! Where can I found goofy challenge merchandise. It was too cold to go to the merchandise tent on race day !

Julie from CA on January 12th, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Perfectly Goofy here! Going to sign up for 2011 in 2 minutes! Could you make sure it isn’t this cold next year, please? Thanks! :)

Patrick from AL on January 16th, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I ran, I finished. I was so miserably cold and my knee hurt so badly that I swore that this, my first marathon, would be my last; now I’m planning on returning next year for the Goofy challenge as a member of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training…and furthering my goal of collecting a complete set of Disney Endurance Series medals for my kids :)

marla on January 16th, 2010 at 9:42 pm

i am also looking to where i can find 2010 merchandise, i was just too miserable to make it to the tent after the race and at the expo it was so crowded that i didn’t get a chance to look at everything.

peter on January 19th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Just curious did anyone elses runners watch show the mileage we ran as 26.76.