Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

‘Alice in Wonderland’ Ear Hats Coming to Disney Parks

posted on February 19th, 2010 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

'Alice in Wonderland' Ear Hat
Hi everyone…I wanted to let you know that we’re launching some unique limited-edition items soon, including an interesting “Alice In Wonderland” collectible ear hat. It’s a limited edition hat between the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort that’ll only be available at select Disney Parks locations…where ear hats are sold. Of course, the piece celebrates the launch of the new Tim Burton film in theaters March 5, 2010.

According to Megan Kachur, Product Developer for all headwear, this ear hat has so many pieces and parts from its satin interior, dangling key, brim accents from signature film icons to its linticular Cheshire cat box cover that it’s sure to be a conversation starter. So, do you have a favorite Disney ear hat?

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Melissa from IL on February 19th, 2010 at 12:14 pm

The ears look fantastic! Will an email be going out to announce the date they will hit the stores? Will pre-orders be taken?

amy from OK on February 19th, 2010 at 12:14 pm

When will these be available??? I’ll be at Disney World from March 2-6 and REALLY want one!

Sean from IN on February 19th, 2010 at 12:20 pm

How much will these be selling for in the parks?

Jane from IN on February 19th, 2010 at 12:21 pm

When do these go on sell ??? how much ??? and for how long ???? thank u !!!!!!

Jane from IN on February 19th, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Ohhhhh forgot !!!! those are soooo cooool ……love the box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzannah from FL on February 19th, 2010 at 12:26 pm

That *just* might be the coolest thing ever. :) I think that’s my new favorite!!

Sherry on February 19th, 2010 at 12:31 pm

This is indredible, where when and how can I get one?

Mariann on February 19th, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Will they be available for only a limited time? I won’t be going to WDW till Memorial Weekend… oh please, please, please let them still be there

Jonathan on February 19th, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Is it just me that doesn’t like them? I like the box though.

Kelly from LA on February 19th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

These are the coolest! Will they only be available for awhile or be a permanent addition?

carrie on February 19th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

I think I will get myself a pair in April.

Sara on February 19th, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Limited Edition means they won’t be a permanent addition.

I’d love to know when these will go on sale and for how much!

Pam on February 19th, 2010 at 1:44 pm

OMG!!! I HAVE to have this. We collect Mickey Ears Hats and I’ve decorated my 6 yr olds room with them. We get one every time we go down. So far we have 11 and this one would sooo neat on her wall. How much will they be?

Kimberly from MA on February 19th, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I have the Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow ears. I decided that I wanted to start collecting collectible Mickey ears. I’m going to WDW in May, so I hope they are there!!

Ashley on February 19th, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I love these! They are certainly unique and very fitting for the movie! We are going the 27th of Feb, for an entire week, so I’ll be keeping my eyes open for these!!

Rose on February 19th, 2010 at 2:26 pm

That is an awesome hat! I get a new one every year and would love to add this to my collection but I won’t be in Disney until December any chance they’ll still be around then?

Margaret from DE on February 19th, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I like them except for the scenes on the ears. How much will they be selling for?

Renee on February 19th, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I am going to Disney next week, please say they will be out then so that people can have them when they go to the Movie! Can you post it again on FB too? Tell us where EXACTLY to get them and how much too. My whole family Dressed Wonderland Themed two years ago, we can’t wait!

tammy from MD on February 19th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Depp and disney, my two favorite subjects. love the design. how can i get 8.

Nicole from FL on February 19th, 2010 at 9:46 pm

ONLY 500 HATS WERE MADE. They started selling today feb 19th.

Brian on February 19th, 2010 at 11:33 pm

The Alice in Wonderland Ear Hat is a limited edition of 500 pieces and retails or $49.95 plus applicable sales tax. The limited edition Ear Hat can be found at Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom® Park, World of Disney® Store, and select merchandise locations where Ear Hats are

Erika on February 20th, 2010 at 3:10 am

Whoa, those are fancy ears!

My favorite ear hat is from a few years ago. Blue, with silver mirror ears. The best part are the LED lights that flicker around the castle patch on front.

A hat that lights up. Really, does it get any better?

Brian from NJ on February 20th, 2010 at 3:58 am

they’re out already!! I got my pair tonight at downtown disney in WDW =)

angela from NJ on February 20th, 2010 at 10:01 am

Hi when will thay come out, Can we buy them at the disney store…Going on disney cruise? thanks

Pauline from NY on February 20th, 2010 at 11:53 am

What is the price of them?

Sarah on February 20th, 2010 at 1:11 pm

How long will the ears be up for sale? I would like one, but even if I do get a chance to go to one of the resorts, I wonder if they won’t be available by the time I take a trip.

Matt on February 20th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I rushed out to Disneyland last night i found that everywhere is sold out except for Off the Page which only had a few left.

Zoe on February 20th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

so cute need these – does anyone know if they are avaliable in disneyland in california yet?

Karen from CA on February 20th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I’d have to see this hat in person, to see if I like it or not.

My favorite ear hat/s are the Groom Ear Hat and the Bride Veil Ear Headband we got this past December, when we went to WDW to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!!

Other than that, I like the special exclusive limited edition ear hats we received, when we went to the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Special Event, 5 years ago. They have the date embroidered on them and you could only get them by being in the park that day.

Karen from CA on February 20th, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Forgot to ask, for those who already bought this hat, how much was it?

Salvador on February 20th, 2010 at 4:54 pm

OMG I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ONE!!!
im so excited for this film and i would go to disneyland the very first day they come out and wear it all day and then go watch the movie with them on! (:

Jennifer from FL on February 21st, 2010 at 8:50 am

I went on a treasure hunt last night to get them. Started at Downtown Disney, but they were sold out. A nice lady at the Information desk in World of Disney helped me track down a set at the Magic Kingdom. The Chapeau held them for me. I got one of the last sets on this coast.

It was a limited edition – only 500. The price was $50.

Iris from MI on February 21st, 2010 at 4:41 pm

@ # 32 – congratulations Jennifer. Too bad. I would have loved to get one. It is beautiful and the box is nothing to sneeze at either. Again, congratulations.

They are already selling on ebay for outrageous prices :(

SHARON from UT on February 21st, 2010 at 9:57 pm

These look AWESOME! I love the ear hats and have several myself such as the pirate princess, the gold ears, silver light-up ears and more, but I have to admit my very favorite is the classic ears I got on my first visit to Disneyland back in 1980 with my name sown on it in that classic white stitching!

Alisha from UT on February 23rd, 2010 at 5:58 pm

These are awesome, but I wish there was going to be a pair of cheaper, less fancy Alice ears released as well (and not in limited supply!).

kristina from CA on February 24th, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Hi Dana, Could you please help me out with more information. I have contacted deliverears and they say that the stores have been told to pull them off the shleves. And they do not know when they will be put back on. They also said that the Disneyland stores have not received their whole allottment. ie World of Disney only received 4. Can you please let me know what stores are selling these at Disneyland and when they will be putting them back on the shelves.