Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

‘In Character’ From Argentina

posted on February 3rd, 2010 by Gene Duncan, Photographer, Walt Disney World Resort

Princesses from Argentina

These young ladies on holiday from Buenos Aires make it perfectly clear who their favorite princess (or fairy) is. Captured during a joyous day in the Magic Kingdom are, from left, Angie, Victoria, Florencia, Laura and Alexia. Life is good.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Lais on February 3rd, 2010 at 11:46 am

Hi Gene,
Congratulations on your great photos from the Walt Disney World! Like the way you can create all these creative images. And I must say, as a young photographer who is also a Brazilian Tour Guide there, that you have one of the best jobs in the world! lol
Best wishes
Laís

Gene Duncan on February 3rd, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Thanks Lai- You are right, and I don’t take it for granted. I have a great job!

Marci on February 3rd, 2010 at 11:47 am

I thought adults weren’t allowed to dress up as Disney characters in the parks?

Juliann on February 3rd, 2010 at 11:48 am

I thought guests weren’t allowed to wear costumes in the parks?

Betty on February 3rd, 2010 at 12:06 pm

This is such an adorable picture- proves that Disney is for kids and kids at heart!

Adults aren’t allowed to wear costumes that may confuse other guests into thinking they are the real characters. If these dresses weren’t just kids dresses and were more authentic costumes, then they wouldn’t have been allowed. I’ve seen lots of teens dressed in these types of costumes around the parks. They’re the ones you can buy in any of the stores.

Patricia from OH on February 3rd, 2010 at 1:07 pm

We were at the Magic Kingdom last week and saw the girls in Tomorrowland. It is funny this picture was posted. They all looked really cute and were having a great time. Have never since a group dressed up like this during a park visit. Enjoy all the pictures that are posted. Thanks!

Roger on February 3rd, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I do agree it is very cute and what a nice way to really enjoy a Disney experience.

However, I also wonder why the “no adults in costume” rule doesn’t apply here? So many other Guests have had their Disney “experiences” tarnished when they have been turned away at the gate for coming in their favorite Disney costume.

Jill from NY on February 3rd, 2010 at 2:08 pm

What a joyful photograph. It made me smile! What wonderful memories those girls will have. Thanks for posting it. I can’t wait to make more of my own memories at WDW next month!

Anny on February 3rd, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Great picture. I love WDW! and hope to be there again soon.

Michael from FL on February 3rd, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I encountered these young ladies while in the park last week! What a real treat to see teens idolizing something other than the usual “celebradorks” that we see nowadays!

Justine from SK on February 3rd, 2010 at 11:26 pm

I think its really cool, but I am surprised they were allowed to wear them. Disney should post on their website that adults are allowed to wear the kids costumes into the park if they can fit them. I know lots of people who would do it.

Joana from MI on February 5th, 2010 at 4:58 pm

What a wonderful way to spend a work day! I am planning a trip in October so that I can create a portfolio of “Disney” photographs. Working at Disney World doing something photography related is my dream job! You do such a wonderful job capturing the magic, do you have any advice for a Disney enthusiast like myself who is interested in working at the Happiest Place on Earth?? – Joana

Gene Duncan on February 5th, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Thanks Joana. I encourage you to photograph everything you can that interests you- there’s so much here to shoot. (Virtually, a photographer’s paradise). There are several options re: employment, but those would be identified by stopping by Casting at Lake Buena Vista, and submitting an application for employment. The Company is always seeking quality cast members, but job opportunities do vary according to positions available at any given time. Best of luck to you…:-)

Amanda from NY on February 8th, 2010 at 11:30 am

Oh my gosh, how exciting, I didn’t know they sold those kinds of costumes for teenagers!