Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Tables in Wonderland at Walt Disney World

posted on February 17th, 2010 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Chef Frank Brough

Annual Passholders and Florida residents get sweet dining deals with Tables in Wonderland (if you don’t know about TIW, check it out at Disneyworld.disney.go.com). We love the complimentary valet parking and 20 percent discount for dinner at dozens of Walt Disney World Resort restaurants.

From time to time, Tables in Wonderland hosts fabulous dinners, and the next one is Feb. 25 at The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, celebrating the Sunshine State’s local bounty of fruits and veggies. Imagine heirloom tomatoes from Myakka, strawberries from Plant City, tiny opal basil and arugula from Odessa, Florida Gulf coast spiny lobster…all turned into delicious creations in the kitchen of Chef Frank Brough. And dinner guests get to meet farmers Mike and Sandy Lott who grow their delicious strawberries near Plant City. Wine will be paired with each of the four courses by sommelier Jim Killam of Vineyard Brands.

Dinner starts at 7 p.m. Cost is $92 per guest. For reservations, send an e-mail to wdw.tables.in.wonderland@disney.com and tell them your name, phone, address and how many guests. The event is limited to 50 diners.

Filed: Disney Dining, Vacation Planning, Walt Disney World Resort

7 Comments 1 Reply

Michael from NY on February 18th, 2010 at 8:17 am

I love Tables in Wonderland…can’t beat the discount on delicious dinner and drinks at my favorite Disney Dining locations. Plus I love the Mary Blair (or at least Mary Blair style) art on the card! I bought the card while a Cast Member here at the World of Disney in NYC. Since then the store has closed and it will certainly when my Tables in Wonderland card expires.

Michael from NY on February 18th, 2010 at 8:19 am

Is there a way to find out when more Tables in Wonderland will host dinners in the future so I may be able to take part during my next trip down? And if so how far in advance are they typically scheduled?

Pam Brandon on February 18th, 2010 at 9:44 am

Hi Michael, The Tables in Wonderland team generally announces the dinners about a month out. If you are a TIW card holder, you should get an e-mail each month; if you don’t get an e-mail, you can send a query to wdw.tables.in.wonderland.com@disney.com and they can add you to the e-mail lists — just send you first and last name and zip code in the e-mail. Pam

Diane from FL on February 18th, 2010 at 10:52 am

Tables in Wonderland offers free valet? I did not know that!!

AJ from TX on February 18th, 2010 at 11:27 am

The valet is one of our favorite parts, but we wouldn’t be caught without our TIW card. With those discounts, plus our AP hotel discounts, we save on every trip.

katie from FL on February 18th, 2010 at 4:12 pm

This sounds like a wonderful dinner, and the perfect way to celebrate the bounty of Florida-grown produce! Hopefully we’ll be able to attend.

Suzannah from FL on February 18th, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Just booked this event for my mom and I – can’t wait to experience it! We’ve been members since it started but this will be our first special event. :)

Cindy from FL on February 22nd, 2010 at 8:04 am

Hi Pam, I tried to e-mail TIW at the addy you posted, but it came back to me, unable to send. Please help. Thanks

Cindy