Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Your Favorite Romantic Memory. . .

posted on February 10th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

The romance of Valentine’s Day is spreading across the Disneyland Resort, and today we’re revealing some of that romance.

We asked guests in Disneyland park to share some of their romantic stories. One couple told us how they exchanged a ring under the fireworks. We also heard from newlyweds about their honeymoon plan, and another couple shared some tips for romantic dinners and attractions at the Parks.

It’s your turn. What’s your favorite romantic memory at the Disneyland Resort?

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Noemi on February 11th, 2010 at 3:51 am

Valentines Day 2004, my boyfriend surprised me by taking me to Disneyland for our first Valentine’s Day together..it was marvelous :) Rides..parades..dinner and fireworks..simply wonderful. We’ve been together over 6 years and have a 4-year-old son who loves Disneyland as much as I do :) Disneyland is truly the happiest place on earth!!

Sherri from MA on February 11th, 2010 at 7:03 am

My husband Jeff and I will have been married for 38 years on Feb. 26th. Where else could two 18 year old kids have a full and romantic honeymoon other than Disneyland. We had a room high up in the main tower overlooking the lagoon and had room service dinner. Feel sorry for the housekeeping staff, there was rice everywhere. Back then a bride usually had their hair arranged up, with lots of hairspray. Boy was there a lot of rice all over the place from combing out my hair. LOL

We celebrated our 30th anniversary @ Disney World. For the most romantic dinner ever, we reserved the GRAND I. We had our dinner in the cabin with our own butler, and had dessert and coffee served on the back deck as the captain circled the lake and all the hotels and fireworks.

This year in May we are planning a family reunion to Disney World with our 3 grown children, their husband and wives and our 5 grandchildren. May not really romantic, but certainly exciting.

Shannon from FL on February 11th, 2010 at 9:10 am

My husband and I were married at the Italy Pavillion in Epcot. It was during the Flower and Garden festival and couldn’t have been a more beautiful or romantic location!

Jami on February 11th, 2010 at 9:47 am

I’ve a few romantic moments at Walt Disney World this last year but my #1 romantic moment was getting married in the wedding pavilion! We have been back two times since the wedding and are planning many more trips in the coming months. We are having a year of Disney magic!

Melissa from TX on February 11th, 2010 at 10:29 am

In 2004 I was set up on a blind date in DTD and dreaded every step until I arrived. Within two minutes of meeting my date, I knew that I had found my Prince. It was love at first sight… They way you only dream about or read in stories. Our fairytale continued from that night on, we are now married and raising our own two little princesses. And the best part… We are all living happily ever after. Thanks Disney for making dreams come true!!

Jay on February 11th, 2010 at 10:45 am

My wife and I had our first vacation together at Disneyworld. We got married 2 years later at Disneyworld. Now we go back every year for our anniversary just the 2 of us. For us anything Disney reminds us of each other and our love. Thank goodness there is alot of Disney out in the world.

Jay

David from IL on February 11th, 2010 at 1:30 pm

My wife and I met while working at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. We were both hosts at the Haunted Mansion and it was love at first sight. 14 years later we still try to get back as often as possible.

mirinda on February 11th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

We decided Disneyland was the most romantic place to spend our Honeymoon. We drove in from Utah on the hottest day of the year, broke down along the way, my Dad had to bring a rental car to us as there are no rental places in the desert, I got heat stroke and we spend all of our honeymoon money on the tow truck, but hey it was all worth it to spend our Honeymoon in the happiest place on Earth.

Amanda from NY on February 11th, 2010 at 3:09 pm

It hasn’t happened yet but I just can’t wait to spend my honeymoon in Disney World and get those cute Minnie and Mickey bride and groom ears!

Terri on February 11th, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I’d already been to Disneyland at least 17 times by the time my boyfriend and I were matched on eHarmony in 2006. As soon as we decided we were each ‘the one’ and I found out he’d never been to Disneyland, I knew what I had to do! We went 7 months later for his 46th birthday. It was so much fun! The Disneyland Hotel upgraded our room and gave him a “It’s My Birthday!” button. I was worried he’d think it was goofy (no pun intended), but he wore it proudly and we had the most fantastic vacation! Just being there with him and seeing the joy in his eyes that only your first time in Disneyland can cause brought me so much happiness. Standing in line with his arms around me; laughing on the rides; sharing that special birthday dinner at the Blue Bayou; it was all magical. I would love to be married in some Disney way, as it is the happiest place on earth! We’ve been together 3-1/2 years so far and still going strong. DisneyWorld is next for us to explore together.

Ciera from CA on February 11th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

My very first date with my girlfriend was at Disneyland. And coincidentally its her very favorite place in the world. It was one of the cutest things ive ever experienced. We are both annual pass holders and try to go every month or so!

Alan from CA on February 12th, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Where to start?
My wife and I (unbeknowst to us) became a couple while watching Fantasmic from the balcony of the Disney Gallery.

I proposed while watching the sun set from our verandah on the Disney Wonder.

A year and a day after that fateful Fantasmic viewing we exchanged vows at the wedding gazebo at the DL Hotel. We headed into the park (via the nosecone of the Monorail) and got some great pictures then headed to our reception at the Pavilion at the DL Hotel. Mickey and Minnie even dropped by for a visit and “helped” us cut our wedding cake.
We have an interesting photo from that night. One of the attendents was standing in front of Mickey in exactly the right place to hide his head, but not his ears. A true hidden Mickey!

Brianne on February 12th, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Kissing my husband in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle and having a Photopass photographer snap a picture of it. It was his first time in Disneyland and we were celebrating my 2008 college graduation- it was a wonderful trip to Disneyland!

Elyse from CA on February 12th, 2010 at 11:16 pm

As a graduation gift from College, my parents sent my boyfriend of a decade and I to disneyland for a long weekend. The weather was superb, and I was having the best time of my life. But I have to say, the second day of the trip was by far the best. It was a beautiful evening, and at 6 pm, the “Remember…Dreams Come True” fireworks began. We found a comfortable spot to watch in New Orleans Town right nest to the water. My boyfriend and I stood there and watched as the Shooting Star fireworks flew by and and the song “when you wish upon a star” began. Next thing I know, he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him. Everything was perfect and the moment couldn’t have been more magical. Our one year anniversary is coming up very soon, and we couldn’t be happier. We will always cherish Disneyland and the magic it has brought us. It’s true, Dreams really do come true!

Tara on February 15th, 2010 at 4:13 pm

My boyfriend and I visited during the 2008 Food and Wine Fest at EPCOT. We had met on October 31, 1998 and happened to be at EPCOT on October 31, 2008, our ten year “anniversary” (we had actually only been together a few months, and had only been friends before that). It was a wonderful day in general, but late that evening we stumbled upon British Invasion playing in the Great Britain pavilion. We had previously bonded over our fanatic love of The Beatles, but hadn’t looked at the schedule to see that British Invasion was playing, so it was a wonderful surprise. He dragged me into the street and danced with me to “All You Need is Love”. It was the perfect moment in a wonderful first trip to Disney together :o)