Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

‘Alice in Wonderland’ in Theaters, at Disneyland Park and Around the World

posted on March 5th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Mad Tea Party

Disney’s “Alice in Wonderland” debuted in theaters today, bringing Lewis Carroll’s characters to life through director Tim Burton’s wildly creative combination of live-action filmmaking, along with traditional and CGI animation.

The film continues Disney’s fascination with Alice and her quirky friends, as the characters are arguably some of the most famous and adored at Disney parks around the world.

If you see the film this week and want to enter a different version of Alice’s world, look no further than the nearest Disney park.

Every Magic Kingdom Disney park has a Fantasyland-based Teacup attraction, which goes by different names. At the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts the attraction is known as the Mad Tea Party. The Tokyo Disney Resort version is called Alice’s Tea Party; Disneyland Paris has Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups, and at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, you can ride the similarly-named Mad Hatter Tea Cups. Each of the rides opened with their respective parks except for the Tokyo rendition, which opened in 1986 (the park opened in 1983).

In addition to the popular teacups, two more “Alice in Wonderland”-themed attractions exist at different Disney parks.

Here at Disneyland park, the Alice in Wonderland attraction puts guests in Alice’s shoes as she follows the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole into Wonderland.

At Disneyland Paris, Alice’s Curious Labyrinth is a maze that eventually leads to the castle of the Queen of Hearts. The route has a similar shape to the body of the Cheshire Cat, and guests can see a sky view of Fantasyland at the very end.

After you see the film, why not put on your best Mad Hatter hat and go through the looking glass at Disneyland park, or any other Magic Kingdom Disney park.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Danielle from CA on March 5th, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Teacups rock! Can’t wait to see the movie tonight!

Donna on March 5th, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Saw the movie at midnight….I loved it my husband and I dressed up too. It was a fabulous movie that everyone should see.

Alisha from UT on March 5th, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I’m seeing it tonight. I’m so excited! I’ve loved Alice since I was little. I hope there’s still some Alice merch in the resorts when I go to Disneyland in June!

Tsz from ON on March 5th, 2010 at 5:39 pm

I wonder will the movie version of Alice and Mad Hatter will show up in the parks??

Michael from TN on March 5th, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Every time we got to Disneyland the Tea Cups are one of those attractions that we don’t miss. My wife gets her chance to literally drive me crazy on them because she always grabs the wheel and goes crazy turning it, spinning the tea cup around and around! Now that Tim Burton has revisited Alice In Wonderland I can’t wait to see the film. Maybe this will drive my wife a bit mad??

Louise from NSW on March 6th, 2010 at 5:30 am

Alice’s Curious Labyrinth is BRILLIANT. It is just so cool with wonderful hedging and landscaping. I wish it could go into WDW. There is no reason it couldn’t have been incorporated into the re design of fantasyland and toontown into “princess-land” With all the switchbacks it doesn’t need a tonne of room.

The best of all is the ride at Disneyland Anaheim though!!! Love it SOOO much. It has a very special place in my heart.

SHARON from UT on March 6th, 2010 at 11:04 am

Saw the movie and its truly Disney and Tim Burton “magic”. Loved the Mad Hatter! I would also like to see a labyrinth of sorts put in the Magic Kingdom or at least an attraction that features the Queen of Hearts castle or something to do with the Mad Hatter, since he is a hero of sorts.

Monika from CA on March 17th, 2010 at 12:45 am

I heard about the film and it is 3D . I will watch it in a 3D environment. I may watch the movie in my Dish Network if Dish Network and my TV set support 3D.

Monika from CA on March 17th, 2010 at 12:50 am

I watch the trailer and i think it will going to be a block buster hit. And if it was a 2009 film it might win OSCAR. I will watch it .