Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Cabbage Patch at Marrakesh

posted on March 29th, 2010 by Gene Duncan, Photographer, Walt Disney World Resort

Epcot Flower and Garden Festival

Aladdin glides slowly over a spectacular display of ornamental cabbage aboard his flying carpet this afternoon at Epcot. Ah, the many pleasures of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival…. Salad anyone?

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Charlie from SC on March 29th, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Beautiful picture, Gene! I’ll be at WDW next week and I can’t wait to see all the gardens in person! :-)

Cindy from MI on March 29th, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Me too, nice shot!

Kimberly from MA on March 29th, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I’ll be there in 5 weeks!! Can’t wait to take 800 photos of all the beautiful flowers and topiary!!!

glenda from IN on March 29th, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I WAS THERE MARCH 11TH AND IT WAS BEautiful as always. some of the flowers didn’t make it because of the cold.but still lovely

Kit on March 29th, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Gorgeous shot, I love these cabbage plants, the way they hold drops of water adds natural magic to the Disney brand too, so looking forward to seeing this for real. =)

I will be in WDW in 2 weeks time and can’t wait to see the displays at EPCOT again; the Flower & Garden Festival is truly something special and each time I’m lucky enough to see it I’m marvelling at the ingenuity of the designers and gardeners, it’s a shame so many people just rush past without even a second glance, these displays are so clearly labours of love.

Jenny from GA on March 31st, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Just like anything else that has the “DISNEY” signature on it….breathtakingly beautiful!!!

Cynthia from FL on March 31st, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Great picture, I love going to the Flower and Garden show, think I will run over there tomorrow for a few hours to take some pics of the flora and enjoy a beverage or two…….

Sarah on March 31st, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I haven’t been to the F&G Festival in a few years. Can’t afford to go this year. I hope I can go next year. At least I get to enjoy the photos, for now. Beautiful pic!

Brenda from FL on March 31st, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I’ll be there in 4 weeks and can’t wait to see all the beautiful flowers……and as many characters as possible, too !

kim on March 31st, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I LOVE The Flower Garden Festival!! We went the 1st week it opened and are going again in a few days!! Tony Orlando will be there THIS weekend (April 2-4)! His band is Awesome! Dont miss their show!!!!

Christy from PA on March 31st, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Just got home from Disney early Sunday morning. The flower festival was absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that we got to be a part of it. The topiaries of the characters were amazing!!!