Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Easter at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on March 27th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Easter at Walt Disney World Resort

Some of you have asked if we do anything special in the parks for the Easter holiday. And as you can see by this 1986 image of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse with Mr. and Mrs. Easter, the answer is yes — and this year is no exception.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny will be doing a meet-and-greet in the Tour Guide Garden “intermittently” from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Sunday, March 28 – Sunday, April 4. Also, on Sunday, April 4, there will be a 3 p.m. parade that’ll feature an Easter theme with the Easter Bunny, Daisy and other entertainers.

And at Epcot on April 4, there will be Easter egg hunts for children ages 3 to 9 every 20 minutes from 10 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. at Heritage Garden at the American Adventure Pavilion. There will also be Easter egg relays for children ages 6 – 12 at Future World West Garden ever 40 minutes from 10:40 a.m. to 4:40 p.m.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

matt from AL on March 27th, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Great! Is there anywhere you can buy a special chocolate bunny while down there?

Sharon on March 28th, 2010 at 9:56 am

Easter at Disney is awesome! If you want to avoid the parks that day, some resorts do the candy hunt, Mickey, Minnie, and Easter Bunny meet and greet, and there are activities set up for the kids all day.

Philip on March 28th, 2010 at 10:13 am

Personally, I’ve always thought that the parks should bring ALL of Disney’s rabbit characters (Roger Rabbit, Brer Rabbit, White Rabbit, March Hare, Yellow Rabbit, Thumper, Miss Bunny, etc.) out for meet-and-greets during the Easter season, in addition to Mr. & Mrs. Easter Bunny.

Michael from FL on March 28th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Its too bad Magic Kingdom doesn’t still do the special Easter Parade they used to do. I remeber watching it on Tv when it was broadcast and seeing it in person on my first trip to WDW is a special memory I will always have.

Cindy from MI on March 29th, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Matt, the Disney gift shops usually have an assortment of Easter related goodies most with a Disney theme. See you there!

Charlie from SC on March 29th, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I will be starting my next WDW vacation on Easter Sunday! I cannot wait!!! Does anyone know if there are any restaurants with special menus for Easter?

Heather on March 29th, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Not related to the Easter at Disney, BUT I would like to know where/what I am looking at when I come to this site…the pix above is a restaurant but where.what?? There has also been a lot of other pixs that I just would like to know what park they are at??

Valerie on March 29th, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I remember when I was 10, it was my first trip to Disney World and we were there during Easter time! We received a card to our hotel room with this picture on it, signed by Mickey if I recall right.. (Wow.. it’s a trip down memory lane…)I was so excited to receive a card from Mickey into my room!
I’m 24 now, and I guess I would still be that much excited if I received one, that’s what you call MAGIC!!! :)

Debbie from NY on March 29th, 2010 at 2:33 pm

We were at Disney a couple of years ago for Easter and had brunch at Fort Wilderness at the Trail’s End Restaurant. It was really good.

Ashleigh from NV on March 29th, 2010 at 3:26 pm

I LOVE this photo of Mickey and Minnie with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny. Too cute =) I grew up watching the Easter Parade from Walt Disney World and Disneyland on TV when it would air on Easter morning. I miss it =)

wynn on March 29th, 2010 at 3:36 pm

We were at WDW Easter 2008 – it was awesome. We went to an amazing Easter Brunch at Epcot in the American Bldg and had their pictures taken with characters dressed in their Easter best. They had a station where the kids could decorate cookies or cupcakes and it was decorated in the Disney rabbit theme. The food and service was incredible! (call Dining and see if they still do that). Then the kids did the Easter Egg hunt. Epcot rocks at Easter!!!!

Janet from AK on March 29th, 2010 at 4:08 pm

There’s just something very magical about this place! I just love it.

Jacob on March 29th, 2010 at 4:55 pm

I love all the wonderful religious celebrations you have at Christmas time (like the Candle Light Procession in Epcot)! Do you ever have anything religious for Easter or Passover in the parks?

Barbara on March 29th, 2010 at 9:18 pm

My husband received a chocolate Mickey Mouse for his birthday last year when we were upgraded to the concierge bldg at the Grand Floridian. Is it possible to purchase those, especially for Easter?

Soraya on March 29th, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Is this events happening in Disney California also?

sarah on April 1st, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I Miss the Disney Easter parade on TV. I loved all the dresses and songs. I wish I could have shared that with my daughter. Well maybe we’ll get down on Easter on year.