'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park

Time-Lapse Video: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

posted on March 8th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

As Debbie told us last week, it takes 24,000 cast member hours to make the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival happen. But that’s just a number until you’re able to actually see the work behind it all — so, how about an exclusive peek? Take a look at overnight time-lapse video featuring the creation of an area containing three of the more than 70 Disney character topiaries in the park this year. Notice how many hands touch it.

Every year, I learn something new to take home at the Festival and you can too. In fact, there are nearly 200 hands-on gardening demonstrations and seminars being presented in the upcoming weeks. We’ve posted an updated list of events to check out and keep checking the blog for event updates.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

16 Comments 1 Reply

Heather from FL on March 8th, 2010 at 10:55 am

I love these types of videos! Amazing what can be accomplished with a lot of help and a little Disney magic!

Jackie from WA on March 8th, 2010 at 11:01 am

I love these videos too & especially love that you are sharing the magic with all of us! :) Completely amazing!

Nick from CT on March 8th, 2010 at 11:32 am

Truely amaziing team work! What a treat for all of us to see.

Courtney on March 8th, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Love these videos! Thanks so much for sharing!

Nancy from OH on March 8th, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Awesome! I love seeing the behind the scenes video. Great job, as always!

Christina on March 8th, 2010 at 4:48 pm

This is awesome that this can be done in such a short time! I was there last year the day before the Flower Show started and saw what an amazing job was done! I’m hoping to go again this year while im in FL to check it out! Great Job!

Monica from MI on March 8th, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I just can’t get enough of those videos. Please, keep’em coming!

Thomas Smith on March 8th, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Monica. We’ve got some ideas for future videos.

marie from NJ on March 8th, 2010 at 7:22 pm

I love everything from behind the scenes. You always wonder “How did they do that” More Magic Please!!!!!!

Thomas on March 8th, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Can’t wait to see all the beautiful flower topiary’s and the butterfly’s and also all the art work ! You guys do an amazing job and My wife and I and our 2 toddler’s are coming down march 23 2010 threw the 29th can not wait to see everything ! Keep these video’s coming it get’s us that much more excited !!! thanks

Leslee on March 8th, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Can’t wait to see this in May! And to think my favorite Duck is right there at the entrance!

Jill from NY on March 9th, 2010 at 9:07 am

I am amazed at the planning and coordination of the Cast Members! What a task to accomplish so quickly. I can’t wait to see the fruit of their efforts in just a few weeks!

Gaylin from BC on March 9th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I have always tried to explain the Magic of Disney to people, now I can forward this video to them and they can see it for themselves. Now my empty balcony with no plants at all is looking really pathetic!

Jerry from VA on March 9th, 2010 at 2:56 pm

hi will be there to see all the hard in person on monday march 15 2010 . this will be our fourth year for coming to the flower featval we love it . can hardly wait i enjoy watching that video that was so cool . liz & jerry

Jerry from VA on March 9th, 2010 at 2:59 pm

this is one of my favorite times of the year to come to disney world and then Christmas . love epcot at christmas liz & jerry VA. USA

shanell on March 11th, 2010 at 8:34 am

We go every May. I can’t wait 59 more days!

vicki from MD on March 11th, 2010 at 11:15 am

Does anyone know how to post this video to Facebook? That would be awesome! Actually the little FB icons under any store for easy posting would be equally cool :)