'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park

Tips on How to Find Your Favorite Candy on Main Street, U.S.A.

posted on March 29th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Making Candy Canes on Main Street, U.S.A.

As we know from the annual popularity of candy cane production at the Candy Palace on Main Street, U.S.A., many of the Disneyland “homemade” candies have their own fan base.

If you’re a fan of the candy making on Main Street U.S.A., have you ever wished you could find out what candies are being produced each day? Well, you can. There’s a phone number you can call that will tell you which candies are being made in the park on any particular day. (It’s a recorded message and usually covers a week at a time.) Just call 714-781-0112 and consider these facts while you’re listening to the recording:

• Caramel Apples are one of the most popular candy items purchased on Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Candy Canes are definitely the most time consuming and difficult to make.
  • English Toffee creates the best aroma while the candy makers are doing their thing.

And, you might want to swing by Candy Palace when they’re making Peanut Brittle because I’ve heard the candy making process for Peanut Brittle is an attraction in and of itself.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Stephanie on March 29th, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Is there a phone number with a recording for Walt Disney World too?

Robert on March 29th, 2010 at 4:08 pm

My family loves the Pralines and Creme Fudge Main Street used to have, however over the past two years it seems like it is never available any more. The only time I have found it is in Downtown Disney in WDW. Why did they get rid of such an amazing flavor??

Is there anyway I can call a head and have them make me a full tray?

Rhonda from X on March 29th, 2010 at 4:08 pm

We love Disneyland’s rocky road candy. There are two kinds, the one made off-site, and the one made there at the Candy kitchen. We love them both, but especially the fresh-made stuff.
Nothin’ better!

Caroline on March 29th, 2010 at 4:27 pm

I would love to do this! I wish that WDW would do this also, we visit there more frequently!!!

Linda on March 29th, 2010 at 6:43 pm

WE love the devinity. I always have to buy it and send it to my daughter in Texas….

Rebecca from CA on March 29th, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Sweet! I am SO taking advantage of this!

Amanda from TN on March 29th, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I would love to know about WDW’s Main Street candy also.

Jonathan on March 29th, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Wow, lot of Carmel Apples this week.

Paula from CA on March 29th, 2010 at 9:55 pm

We LOVE the Tigger tails behind Splash Mountain in Disneyland. Yummy !!

Alisha from UT on March 29th, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Good to know! I will be calling the line to see what’s being made when we’re at Disneyland in June. I just wish the park made sugar-free candy as my 13-year-old sister is a type-1 diabetic and will be with us at Disney this year.

Linda on March 29th, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Peanut brittle is a lot of fun because at one point you add baking soda and it foams up before you pour it. I love to buy that for my husband and my Mom loves the taffy. I had a apple with cinnamon and dipped in white chocplate last year and it was heavenly. Speaking of heaven the blended aromas of the bakery, ice cream parlor and candy shop are as close to heaven on earth as you can get!

Marian from UT on March 30th, 2010 at 11:59 am

We check in on Main Street every day to see what the candymakers are working on at the time. The toffee is divine, the new chocolate covered marshmallows are yummy, my daughter-in-law is addicted to the chocolate and caramel covered marshmallows on a stick and we ALWAYS stock up on the Pecan Nuttles (like turtles) – last week, when I was there I bought a big bag full to take home for souvenirs! (I had to use a fabric shopping bag because the candy was too heavy for a plastic one : ) Anything made at the Candy Palace is terrific!!

Michael from TN on April 4th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Anytime your candy makers create something involving chocolate and peanut butter it has my utmost attention!

Eliel on April 4th, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Mmmmmm….. English Toffee, yum, yum ! I also like the sugar free dark chocolate almond bars. The last few times they were out of them and weren’t sure if they would be making them again. I sure hope they do. Those were worth every penny !! PLEASE ! …bring them back.