Grizzly River Run

Update: The Pirates League at Walt Disney World

posted on March 12th, 2010 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

The Pirates League
Ready to join The Pirates League Crew? If so, I’ve got some updates to share. Beginning today, there are new operating hours (9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily) and pirate package enhancements are now available for $29.95 (plus tax).

If you’ve not experienced The Pirates League, it’s an interactive experience that transforms boys and girls with a personalized Pirate look and name. They’re taught the official Pirates League Oath and how to “swash buckle.”

The Pirates League Packages include: Choice of Facial Effect, Reversible Bandana, Earring & Eye Patch, Sword & Sheath, Temporary Tattoo, Unique Pirate Coin Necklace, Personalized Pirate Oath, Official Pirate Name, Removable Teeth, and you get to participate in an Adventureland Pirate Parade. There are two packages to choose from: First Mate or Empress, so every Buccaneer & Pirate Maiden can join in the fun. Maidens don’t fret, instead of removable Pirate teeth, your Empress package also comes with vibrant and bold makeup, nail polish, and a face gem.

A selection of costumes for both kids and adults are available for purchase for an additional price. Call 407-WDW-CREW (407-939-2739) or visit disneyworld.com/crew to book your experience today.

Also, there are a few a few official details you should know about: Costume selection and sizing may vary. No discounts apply unless otherwise noted. Guests must be at least three years of age. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to arrival. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. A $10 cancellation fee will be applied to such credit card for all no-shows or if reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of experience. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. Subject to restrictions. All prices, package components and information are subject to change without notice. Pirate Parade – weather permitting and Captain Jack subject to change without notice.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Luis from VA on March 12th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Good 2 know. We took our 5 yr old son & he loved it.

Brandi from MT on March 12th, 2010 at 7:53 pm

My six year old girl loved it!!!!!! she even got the ghost pirate makeover! So Fun our lady was fabulous!

Laura on March 12th, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Captain Jack? Does that mean if you participate you get to meet Captain Jack?

ANGELA from SC on March 12th, 2010 at 10:04 pm

My 9 year old daughter did this for her birthday celebration at WDW. The entire process from beginning to finish is so magical. She came in a 9 year old girl and left a pirate!

Jill from LA on March 12th, 2010 at 11:32 pm

We did this for our 14 yr. old son in Dec. 09 and he had a blast! I think it was the best part of the trip for him. He had the full face paint (skull type) and he had his own costume from halloween. He enjoyed all the comments from people during the day, and I am sure he is in about 400 family vacation pictures from around the world. GREAT Experience!

Michael from PA on March 12th, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Our 7 year old daughter had the Empress package in Jan. and loved it!! She is still talking about it and keeping her oath a secret! It was a GREAT experience that we all enjoyed . Well worth the money and time!!!

Sharon from North Yorkshire on March 13th, 2010 at 2:32 am

I can’t wait might do it as a suprise. We went to Halloween and I dressed as a princess, my husband as a pirate and my son as a prisoner. We went on Pirates of the Carribean it was hillarious we stayed in character all night. Im so excited now

Tim from ON on March 22nd, 2010 at 2:54 pm

This seems like a really fun opportunity for kids not enthralled with the princess thing, and very affordable too! :)

Laura from IL on March 22nd, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I booked this for my 2 boys & 1 girl for this July. My kids are VERY excited about the parade. I can’t find any info or comments about that. Does anyone have any info on the adventureland pirate parade that they are able to participate in with the package? Is it a big parade/little parade? What time(s) are it at?? Any info would be great. THANKS!!

Cris from AL on April 7th, 2010 at 10:51 am

We booked for July 24th. We were going to book for 2:30 but the cast member taking the reservation said if my kids wanted to be part of the Parade at 2pm we would need to book earlier. I’ve also seen where 4pm is listed. Maybe they do it at 2pm and 4pm?