Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Sleeping Beauty Castle at Christmas at Disneyland Park

Your Favorite Disney Parks Thrill Ride Is…

posted on March 22nd, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

During a visit to Magic Kingdom Park with my young daughters, I realized that it’s only a matter of time before cheers for Dumbo The Flying Elephant move to a new favorite — an attraction offering white-knuckle thrills at Disney Parks. One of my favorites has always been Space Mountain and judging by your tweets, it’s still popular…but is it a favorite? We went into the parks asking, “What is your favorite thrill ride at Walt Disney World?”

Now, it’s your turn. Please let us know your favorite Disney Parks thrill ride in the comments.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Tim on March 22nd, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Ummm… Davy Crockett’s Canoes! Try to take pictures of your kids and then have the CM give you a stern look for not doing your part! ;)

Brittany on March 22nd, 2010 at 6:00 pm

I’ve never been to Disney World, but my favorite thrill ride at Disneyland is probably a tie between Tower of Terror, California Screamin, and Indiana Jones.

kelly on March 22nd, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Mission Space, hands down

Anthony on March 22nd, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Definitely Tower of Terror. I start laughing uncontrollably on it :)

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at night is a close second.

MEREDITH from MD on March 22nd, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Expedition Everest…by far!
#2is Rockin’ Rollercoaster
#3 Tower of Terror
#2 and #3 will never be at #1 because of the park that they
are in. Hollywood Studios needs some MAJOR reconcepting. I
love, love, love WDW…but HS needs help!

Jennifer from IN on March 22nd, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I know this is not really a “thrill ride” but as an 8 year old, my dad asked me the same question as soon as we got off Space Mountain, thinking I would say that ride. I said, “The monorail!” It really is my favorite – still.

Max from FL on March 22nd, 2010 at 6:33 pm

It’s definitely the Jungle Cruise. What? First there’s the teleporting elephant, then there’s the turn that my boat always seems to cut so close, then the absolutely terrifying anti-aircraft hippos, and finally those crazed headhunters with those deadly invisible spears! Now that’s some white knuckle thrills!

Sandra on March 22nd, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Tower of Terror for sure. But I have so many favorites!!!

Tamera on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:00 pm

My favorite has to be Expedition Everest.

Julie from IL on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Tower of Terror is my favorite, but since I am the only 1 in my immediate family who will ride the thrills, I can say loading in our flying boat on Peter Pan’s Flight w/ a toddler in your arms and a large diaper bag can be a thrill…HA!

Elizabeth on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I have not been since Expedition Everest opened. I cannot wait to try it, especially now what with all the votes for it!

Is Dinosaur! At Animal Kingdom considered a thrill ride? Because that’s my favorite. No matter how many times I ride it, I am always terrified beyond rational thought when that carnasaur appears directly overhead. I love it!

If not, I consider Rockin’ Roller Coaster my favorite coaster I’ve ever been on.

Really though, I love every ride at Disney World very much, from Splash Mountain to Mission to Mars–except the Tower of Terror. I appreciate its greatness, but that drop scared me just a little too much.

Lindsey on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Easily The Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania!

Nicole from NJ on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Everest is mine! (I even got the “I left my boyfriend for the yeti” t-shirt!) My husband’s favorite is Rockin’ Rollercoaster.

Stacy on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I love the Rock N Roller Coaster – My husband votes for Space Mtn.

melissa on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:30 pm

MOMMY LIKES TOWER OF TERROR
MCKENNA AGE 4 LIKES TOWER OF TERROR
MIKAYLA AGE 4 LIKES TEST TRACK
NANA LIKES TOWER OF TERROR
PAPA LIKES TEST TRACK
BUT IN ALL WE LOVE ALL DISNEY,WHO WOULDN’T

DONNA on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:48 pm

small world can’t beat a good water ride with dolls.

Jill from CA on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:51 pm

I have not been to WDW since 1994, but when I went to Disneyland in October of last year, I loved Splash Mountain. I missed Matterhorn, and cannot wait to go on it 2 months from today!!!

Sara from MD on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest
Epcot: Test Track
Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror & Rock n’ Roller Coaster! :)

Going to Disney in May, can’t wait to ride all these rides! :)

Kathy from CT on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:04 pm

When I was younger it was deffinately Space Mountain. I want to down there so bad and ride it again and again and again.

Nyssa from CO on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:09 pm

My overall favorite ride is Rockin Rollercoaster, car 12 is the best. By park: EPCOT Mission Space; Magic Kingdom Space Mountain; Animal Kingdom Everest; Hollywood Studios Rockin Rollercoaster; and Disneyland California Screamin.
My Husbands fav is Test Track. By park: EPCOT Test Track; Magic Kingdom Splash Mountain; Animal Kingdom Kali; Hollywood Studios Rockin Rollercoaster. *He has never gone to Disneyland.

Lynn on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:12 pm

My favorite thrill ride is Expedition Everest!

Moe on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Indiana Jones! Everytime you ride its a little bit different. Love the effects and the whole ride experience.

Linda on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:31 pm

definitely “SOARIN”

marie from NJ on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I now have 10 Grand Children and they all know what mimi’s favorite ride is “Big Thunder Mountain” at Disney World . My only fear is that someday I’m going to be a little too old to ride it. Boo hoo!!!Sometimes I get a chance to ride it 4 or 5 times in a row and the kids start getting to the point where they want to move on to Splash Mountain, so I have to give in and leave my favorite ride!!!!But there is always tomorrow!!!!!

Sophie from QC on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:41 pm

I will have to agree with Enrique: Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris is WAY much better than WDW’s. First, it’s a real roller coaster: it has loops! I used to be a Disneyland Paris castmember and I got to do it 4 times in a row. I was green. Second, the launching of the coaster is just amazing; you are lift at the top of Space Mountain and you can see outside. When you’re lunched at the top, it goes so fast, the same fast as Rock and Roller Coaster. I can’t get enough of it! (well, yeah 4 times was enough…)

Big Thunder Mountain is better there as well; maybe it’s just because everything is so new (compared to WDW). Last but not least, they have another coaster which is called Indiana Jones and the temple of peril. It goes backward instead of forward, and as loops. WDW misses that kind of attractions but I still prefer it from DLP! :)

Emily from MD on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Actually Dumbo is one of my favorite rides overall, but my favorite thrill ride is the Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios.

Tracy from ON on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I adore Space Mountain at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World! I love the theming in the queue all the way up to the boarding area. The atmospheric area music is the best. I give a slight edge to Disneyland’s Space Mountain due to its amazing onride soundtrack (don’t ever change it!!!) and asteroid star burst special effects at the end of the ride.

Alison from NY on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:12 pm

mom’s is Test Track
dad’s is Test Track
8 year old daughters is Splash mountain, Space mountain and BIG thunder mountain

Judy on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:30 pm

The Tower of Terror is definitely my family’s favorite thrill ride since the first time we rode it. It is thrilling and fun. We begin laughing the second we make the first drop and we continue laughing until the drops stop. We ride it again and again and never get tired of it. I can’t wait until July when we are going back to ride again!

Sarah from MA on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Rock N Roller Coaster!

Other favorites are Test Track, Space Mountain, and Expedition Everest

Janice from FL on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:02 pm

My favorite ride is Space Mountain. I have not had a chance to ride Everest, but I may have another favorite ride when I do.

carol from ON on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:05 pm

My favorite ride is Tower of Terror and following right behind has to be test track.. Cant wait to get back there and do them again

Amanda from IN on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Expedition Everest with Twilight Zone Tower of Terror a VERY close second. The Rockin’ Roller coaster is pretty good, too. (I just rode it for the first time in December since we had grandparents to watch the kids!)

Brianna on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Love them all, but Space Mountain will always be number one!

Matthew from ID on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:54 pm

I used to think it would be the Matterhorn forever, until I got to try Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy overlay. That’s tons better than Space Mountain (normal) or even with the lights on. But the scariest thing I’ve done for a thrill that not many people have done it Hollywood Tower of Terror with no lights or sounds. You never know what’s going to happen next.

John on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:03 pm

I think space mountain is still the best. the lights out effect as well as the drops and turns are so worth the wait.

Heather on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:14 pm

My dad dragged me on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad when I was 4 so I was terrified of that ride for years. Now I love it at 33! The fear also deterred me from Space Mountain and Expedition Everest until last year–now I ride them every time my hubby and I go, sometimes repeatedly. Have never been on the HS thrill rides except Star Tours.

Anyway, I digress. My favorite thrill ride is Test Track. Longstanding loyalty to GM, purely part of Walt’s vision for EPCOT, great detail and awesome, awesome ride. We always ride multiple times:)

Jim on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:24 pm

I love Expedition Everest which is at my favorite park, but the best ride is, hands down and with out a doubt, Areosmith.

Janice on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Mission Space its a real rush when it blast off just love it

Joseph from VA on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:31 am

The Matterhorn in CA, Expedition Everest in FL.

Sharline from TX on March 23rd, 2010 at 1:49 am

My favorite is “The Rockin’ Rollercoaster” I love the way it just shoots you out and into that first curl!! Talk about an adrenaline RUSH! Myself and my two sons love it! We make sure we ride every time we visit Disney!

David from FL on March 23rd, 2010 at 4:07 am

My favorites are Test Track/Mission:Space and the Walt Disney World Monorail System.

But my most favorite is test track. Amazing Speed.

Anita on March 23rd, 2010 at 6:53 am

Without a doubt (and I’ve tried them all) Expedition Everest with the Rockin’ Roller Coaster being a close second.

Max on March 23rd, 2010 at 7:30 am

Space Mountain for the nostalgia and Expedition Everest for a newer one. Imagineering did an amazing job.

John on March 23rd, 2010 at 7:43 am

Splash Mountain – The slow/story parts give you the classic Disney story ride and the time to appreciate it, but then you get the drops as a wake up call. The perfect combination.

Jeff from NJ on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:21 am

What? No one else thinks the Haunted Mansion is a “thrill” ride? Because that would surely be my choice! :)

Laurie from AL on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:38 am

No question – Test Track!!!!!

Veronica on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:26 am

My favorite thrill ride HAS to be Splash Mountain. It’s like “it’s a small world” with a huge hill. AMAZING :) And I love how it teases you with all of the small hills that you think are going to be the big one.

Cory from AB on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:30 am

If it counts, Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo Disneysea… It starts off slow and incredible as a tour of the luminescent underground caverns, then picks up to a very harrowing moment. For someone like me who isn’t really into thrill rides, it’s great!

Christina on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:37 am