Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Your Favorite Disney Parks Thrill Ride Is…

posted on March 22nd, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

During a visit to Magic Kingdom Park with my young daughters, I realized that it’s only a matter of time before cheers for Dumbo The Flying Elephant move to a new favorite — an attraction offering white-knuckle thrills at Disney Parks. One of my favorites has always been Space Mountain and judging by your tweets, it’s still popular…but is it a favorite? We went into the parks asking, “What is your favorite thrill ride at Walt Disney World?”

Now, it’s your turn. Please let us know your favorite Disney Parks thrill ride in the comments.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Tom from NJ on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:51 am

Mom/Dad & 9 Year old Daughter
Magic Kingdom – The Mountains – Space, Splash & Big Thunder

Epcot – Test Track

Hollywood Studios – Rock n Roller Coaster & Tower of Terror

Al from MN on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:53 am

MY wife’s favorite would be the Tea cups, and I can’t choose between the MAtterhorn or Everest!
But thanks for the opp to express !

Dustin on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:55 am

Expedition: Everest

But please do what you can to get the Yeti working again. It’s a good ride without it, but an absolute gem with it working correctly.

Thanks!

Kevin on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:14 am

Not even a close contest. Has to be Expedition Everest. Great immersive que leads to a great immersive ride experience. Forwards. Backwards. The thrilling drop and speed.

This ride really makes Disney’s Animal Kingdom a gem of a park!

John on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:23 am

Tower of terror but it would be Everest if the yeti worked! Please Disney fix the Yeti!

Donna from NH on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:55 am

It’s tough to pick just one, but if I had to it would be Expedition Everest. If I could have two, my next favorie is Tower of Terror because of the wonderful affects during the ride and in the building itself.

Greg on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:36 am

As much as I love Expedition Everest, since the Yeti is always broken I can only give that ride a number 2 ranking. Tower of Terror gets the top spot.

I would really love to know what’s wrong with the Yeti and why he can’t be fixed. He is always just stationary with the strobe light. Back when the ride first opened the Yeti actually moved and it was simply amazing. But no longer……

beckie from CA on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:50 am

FAMILY of 4

7 Year old daughter Thunder Mountain(after dark)
5 Year old son, Tower of Terror
Dad, California Screaming
Mom, Space Moutntain

Off to Disney World in August, hopping to add more to the list.
Kids have never been there.

louise from NB on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:01 pm

me-tower of terror
dh and 14 yr old dd- everest
dd 3 yrs – goofy barnstormer

Christi from TX on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Ours is by far Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin! This is the first ride we fast pass every year! My daughter actually maxed out the score at $999,999!

Lisa on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Our favorite thrill ride is one that Disney doesn’t have anymore. :( It was Alien Encounter!! THE best thrill ride ever!!!

Devin from FL on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Expedition Everest would be number one on my list if the Yeti worked ! =/

Until then, Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios.

Matheus on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I would like to say it is Everest, but since the Yeti is broken I will go with Tower of Terror which is a fantastic attraction.

Please Disney, do something about the Yeti!

Charlie from SC on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I love them all, but if I had to choose just one (at each WDW park :-) ), I would have to say:

MK – Space Mountain
EP – Test Track (used to love Mission Space, now I just get sick)
AK – Everest
HS – Tower of Terror

My next trip is in 11 days!!! I cannot wait!!!

Bastian from VT on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, for sure! The attention to detail in the queue is absolutely amazing, and really sets the mood and gets you all twitchy, even before you get into the elevator.

Kayla on March 23rd, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Expedition Everest is awesome!!! Definitely the most thrilling.

Sarah from FL on March 23rd, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Although I live in Florida now, my heart will always be at Disneyland since I grew up on the West Coast!

It’s such a tough choice, but I’d say INDIANA JONES in Cali is my all-time fave!!! Wish they had it at WDW! :)

After that, it’s hard to choose between Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, and Screamin’!

Peg on March 23rd, 2010 at 1:47 pm

1. Expedition Everest
2. Rock’n Roll Rollercoaster
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Space Mountain

Jennifer from FL on March 23rd, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I must echo those who have said Tower of Terror, though I might have to go with Everest… IF the Yeti worked!

Matthew on March 23rd, 2010 at 2:03 pm

The Tower of Terror! It is so completely unique…whats not to like?

Simon from West Yorkshire on March 23rd, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I love Tower of Terror, I really do think its continued to thrill me everytime since I first rode it.
I agree with the sentiment that Expedition Everest would be one of, if not the best ride at Walt Disney World if the Yeti was in full working order though.

Kristi from CA on March 23rd, 2010 at 2:52 pm

It has to be Rock n’ Roller Coaster; but I will always have a special place in my heart for Disneyland’s Matterhorn…

Tiffany from FL on March 23rd, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Expedition Everest – followed by Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror!

Jim on March 23rd, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I think the top 3 are Splash Mountain, Rocking Roller Coaster and Big Thunder.

Christian from CO on March 23rd, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I would also like to say that Expedition Everest would be the top attraction in all of WDW if the Yeti was in working condition. I can’t explain how cool it was to experience the Yeti reaching for you, lunging forward with all it’s might. That moment brought forth true terror! With the Yeti not working we have lost one of the greatest moments in theme park history. Disney, please bring the Yeti back to it’s former glory!

Eric from AL on March 23rd, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Everest @ night!

Angel from SC on March 23rd, 2010 at 7:47 pm

That’s easy: Tower of Terror at WDW. I was fortunate enough to enjoy my College Program in Merchandise at Tower/Coaster/Fantasmic and made it a goal of mine to ride Tower 100 times before my program was over. By the time my 9 months were over, I’d riden it over 200 times. I can never tire of that ride. Everytime I go back for a visit, it’s the first thing I ride!

SHARON from UT on March 24th, 2010 at 12:50 am

At WDW, my favorite is Expedition Everest, my husband and 12-year-old daughter love the Rock N’ Rollercoaster and my 9-year-old daughter’s fave is Tower of Terror, which we have ridden up to 8 times in a row (love it cause it’s different everytime)! At Disneyland, its definately Space Mountain followed by California Screamin’ and Indiana Jones.

Stephen from NY on March 24th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Rockin Roller Coaster- my kids and I rode it 12 times in a row our last Disney trip!

Cathy from CA on March 24th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

It’s unanimous in our family. We Love “California Screamin’” at California Adventure! We ride it at least 3 or 4 times each time we go to the park!

Daniela on March 24th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Hi Thomas! I live in Argentina and got married 2 years ago with Matias. We spent our honeymoon enjoying so much Expedition Everest, Rock ´n Roller Coaster, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Mission Space, Toy Story Mania… It´s very difficult to choose only one… that´s why we came back for our first aniversary on may 2009, then back with my sister and brother in law in august 2009 and now waiting to come back again on may 2010.
We love the magic, the rides and all the people that make us always feel at home, so we save all year to come back just one more time… It´s a big effort but doesn´t it SO worth it??

Samantha from OH on March 24th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

My is by far the Tower of Terror, followed by Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom and then in third Expedition Everest. Everest would be moved to first if the Yeti worked!

DAVID on March 24th, 2010 at 3:38 pm

My daughter and I enjoy back and forth, between Tower of Terror and Rock and Roll Roller Coaster, especially when you have extra hours at the park. Thanks Disney for great memories!!!!!!

Malcolm from MI on March 24th, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Mission:Space – at “full force orange”, of course!

Justine from SK on March 24th, 2010 at 9:34 pm

If the yeti works, then my favourite is Expedition Everest, otherwise I like the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland!!!

Jennifer from SC on March 25th, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I think my favorites are Expedition Everest and Rock ‘N Roller Coaster. I love the story behind Everest and all the artifacts in the queue make the wait even fun! The backwards part is awesome. But we can’t discount the launch of the Rock ‘N Roller Coaster while Aerosmith blares in your ears! That is my 7 year old’s favorite! My kids all have different favs…for two it’s R’N RC, another, the Tower of Terror, Splash Mtn. and Dad loves Big Thunder Mountain! So many favorites, it’s hard to choose just one!

Going back in July…Can’t wait to try them all again!

Taylor from FL on March 29th, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Well, I have one for each park so…
Magic: Splash and Space Mountain
Epcot: Test Track
MGM (still has not adapted to the new name): Tower of Terror, dark and dropping unexpectedly.
Animal: Expedition Everest, dark, very first cart, screaming, fast moving, drops. Now that’s a good time!

BTW, on Tower of Terror, have any of you looked up during the suspense of not knowing whether you are going to go up or down? Well, next time you ride T.O.T. when you get to the room where you see the “ghosts” and the clock, and e=mc squared, and then you see nothing except a door that looks like it’s separating but actually it’s your door opening? And then the man talks and you are left in the dark for that suspenseful moment? Look up while he is talking. If you see no ceiling-look, you will be going up. If you see a ceiling, you are going down.