Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade at Magic Kingdom Park

Disney Restaurants Get Top Votes

posted on April 5th, 2010 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Disney Restaurants Get Top Votes
In the upcoming May issue of Orlando Magazine, three Disney restaurants garner top honors, chosen by the magazine’s readers for the 2010 Annual Dining Awards.

Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa places in five categories, voted No. 1 for “Best Service” and No. 1 as “The Restaurant You Are Dying to Visit.” It also is in the top two for “Best Hotel Restaurant,” “Best Romantic Restaurant” and “Best Chef’s Table.”

Winning the top spot as “Best New Restaurant” is Sanaa at Kidani Village at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (the naan bread with mango chutney and cucumber raita is worth the visit). And California Grill is voted as No. 1 “Best Hotel Restaurant” and in the top three for “Best View.”

Do you have a favorite Disney restaurant that you think deserves an accolade?

Filed: Disney Dining, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

david from IL on April 5th, 2010 at 1:57 pm

We have ended every trip the last 20+ years with a dinner at Cali grill which I consider my favorite restaurant on the planet. I live in Chicago which has great restaurants and traveled a lot from work at one point so I have a large base to choose from. Cali Grill has remained at the top of my list for the combination of service, food and view.. We have celebrated many wedding anniversaries there are well.

That being said we average 8-10 sit down meals each trip and enjoy so many restaurants in WDWm but I am always quick to add Cali Grill as #1

Lisa from FL on April 5th, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Tokyo Dining, the new (-ish) sushi restaurant in Japan at EPCOT, has some of the best sushi I’ve ever eaten! I’ve had sushi from California to North Carolina and everywhere in between, as well as all over London, England, and Tokyo Dining has consistently been an amazing and delicious dining experience for me. They definitely deserve some recognition.

David from TN on April 5th, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Excited about our first visit to California Grill coming up as part of our May trip

William on April 5th, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I have dined at Victoria & Albert’s and the California Grill and I couldn’t agree more with the awards. I just finished making my dining reservations for my visit in October and the California Grill is on our list again. I now look forward to dining at Sanaa. I must say it is getting more difficult every year to narrow down the list of places we’d like to eat. If I had to pick one other place as a favorite it would have to be the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review. Great home style cooking and a lot of fun to boot. Congratulations on the awards.

Ben from WI on April 5th, 2010 at 2:51 pm

While both California Grill and Victoria and Alberts are very good restaurants my favorite restaurant at the resort is Narcoossee’s. Casual and elegant with outstanding food, a beautiful view, and excellent service it’s our “must do” restaurant when we visit.

Karl on April 6th, 2010 at 12:36 am

My wife and I got lucky with our dinner timing at California Grill and got to watch the Wishes fireworks show during dessert. The restaurants lights were dimmed and the show music was played inside too, it was great.

Laurie from AL on April 6th, 2010 at 11:21 am

Artist Pointe is a really wonderful restaurant. Great service, too.

Laura from MI on April 6th, 2010 at 12:19 pm

We love LeCellier in Epcot!
The mushroom filet is amazing!

Jennifer from NY on April 6th, 2010 at 12:20 pm

My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon at Disney World last October. We had the best meal at Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios, our waiter was fantastic! The whole experience was a great celebration with champagne to greet us before the meal. We can’t wait to go back!

Kimberly on April 6th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

We ate at many fine restaurants in Disneyworld and hands down the Coral Reef had the best food and nicest atmosphere we found. It was miles above the rest. The service was impeccable!

dottie on April 6th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

My family likes dinner at Ohana and breakfast at Chef Mickeys. It a must visit every time we are in Disney

Matt from MI on April 6th, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Le Cellier at Epcot was amazing when we went last summer. I had a coffee-rubbed Kansas strip steak, possibly the best steak I’ve ever eaten. But where is that picture taken from? Is that a hotel balcony or one of the restaurants?

Jennifer from NC on April 6th, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Teppan Edo (and I’m sure I just butchered the spelling) in Epcot’s Japan was fantastic! My husband & I ate there for lunch, and we loved that almost everyone working there was actually from Japan! We tried our first Japanese beer (Kirin, Kirin Light), and it remains our favorite of any Hibachi restaurant. After experiencing anything at Disney, how could anywhere else compare?!

Amber from VA on April 6th, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I love 50′s Prime Time Cafe for the fun atmosphere. Aunt Sue (our waitress) was a blast!!!

Cinderella’s Royal Table for lunch gets my vote for best food (when they had the Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin w/ Mustard Cheese Grits)!

Angelique from CT on April 6th, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Whispering Canyons in the Wilderness Lodge. Ask for KETCHUP!

Elaine on April 6th, 2010 at 12:32 pm

We love Artist’s Point in the Wilderness Lodge… the food is absolutely delicious, the view is extraordinary and the ambiance is so warm and inviting… Can’t come to Disney World without an evening at the Wilderness Lodge… feels just like a mountain lodge retreat…!!

Stephanie on April 6th, 2010 at 12:32 pm

We love almost all of the restaurants at WDW! They are all so unique and different, we try to eat at places that have food we can’t get at home, that is why we never go home without eating at Boma. We love that we can choose small amounts of new foods and decide what we like.

We would love to see a breakfast brunch that has all the delicious foods that we have come to love at the Character Brunches without the characters to slow down the whole meal process.

Ashley on April 6th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Cinderella’s Royal Table

Melissa on April 6th, 2010 at 12:39 pm

My husband and I celebrated our 24th anniversary at Narcossee’s at the Grand Floridian last September. The service and food were awesome. It was very romantic to go out on the deck area and watch the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks without all the crowds. Will go there again for special occasions.

Misty from IL on April 6th, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Planning a trip to WDW in July and have reservations at a ton of places, including California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and many others that include character dining. Reading all of these comments gets me even more excited for my trip- can’t wait!!

David on April 6th, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios has to be the most fun restaurant in all of Walt Disney World. Though the food isn’t award winning, the fried chicken is the best!!! Say hi to my Uncle Tom and Cousin Michael!!!

Jason on April 6th, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Not really a restaurant, but Aloha Isle in Adventureland deserves recognition.

Barb on April 6th, 2010 at 12:58 pm

We just got back from a fantastic trip to Disney, staying at the Animal Kingdom lodge! We loved all the spots we ate–Boma’s breakfast buffet was amazing. Tusker House for lunch was AWESOME–what a great spread! Our best meal though was at the Jiko restaurant at AKL Jambo House! Service was beyond great and the food was stunning–right down to the cinnamon “sketch” on the dessert plates! AMAZING!

Allyson on April 6th, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I had the best meal of my life at Jiko in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our waiter was amazing as well. I did the deluxe dining plan a little over a year ago and got to experience some amazing food. So many restaurants stand out from that experience. Narcoossee’s, Le Cellier (sour apple smoothie is AMAZING), Ohana, California Grill, and many more. I absolutely love Disney food!

Larry from MD on April 6th, 2010 at 1:14 pm

JIKO at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is one my favorites restaurants period. It’s now become a tradition… we arrive, get settled
and start off our trip with a fantastic meal there

As for theming, I love the Sci Fi Diner… at this point, I might know the movie highlights they show by heart! :)

Jenna from KY on April 6th, 2010 at 1:14 pm

My husband and I spent our Honeymoon at WDW and it was so much fun we didn’t want to leave! We still go on and on about our dinners at Le Chefs de France! We ate there 3 times and loved it every time. His brother spent their honeymoon there as well and we recommended at least one dinner there. The food and the servers are fantastic!

Jackie from RI on April 6th, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Le Cellier In Epcot was absolutely amazing!!!! I had the best meal of my life there and cannot wait to go back again during our honeymoon in August! Even in August I will be having a bowl of there Canadian cheddar and bacon soup!!! We are also dining at the Chefs Table at V&A’s and at California Grill… I cannot wait!

Teresa from OK on April 6th, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Le Cellier at Epcot… The best steak ever!!!

Jennifer from FL on April 6th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I’ve eaten at almost every single resturaunt and my favorite dish is still the african stew at the quick service resturaunt, The Mara, at Animal Kingdom Lodge. For atmosphere, I love Artists Point.

MARCELA on April 6th, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I LOVE ALL OF WDW BUT MICKEY´S CHEF IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I AM FROM ARGENTINA

Morgen on April 6th, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Yachtsman for steak…and have a blast with all the charachter dining, they make you feel special no matter what. Still remember our honeymoon at Victoria and Alberts many years ago..so have to say…all wdw food..great job…

roseann from NY on April 6th, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I am a huge foodee thanks to be raised by two fabulous chefs!! My favorite places to eat at Disneyworld are Ohanas for dinner, and the Beach Clubs Cape May Cafe for both the character breakfast and dinner. The breakfast is better than the Grand Floridian’s character breakfast. My favorite quick service breakfast is the Beach Clubs marketplace. They have the best homemade yogurt parfaits and fresh croissants.

Barbara on April 6th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Each time I go to Walt Disney World I must eat at Teppan Ido in the Japanese Pavillion. It is simply the best.

Patricia on April 6th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

We visit Disney quite often (being a FL resident). We love going to Boatwrights (Port Orleans Riverside), they have the best prime rib. For breakfast we like going to the Ploynesian hotel it is fun for all and our 6yr old loves Lilo and Stitch. We also like Prime Time 50′s Cafe. On our to do list is Albert and Victoria’s, Le Cellier, and the CA Grill.

Dee on April 6th, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Our first night at Disney in September of ’09 we ate at Raglan Road and we LOVED it! Great atmosphere, excellent food, and a charming waiter.

On our last night, we ate at the Brown Derby. Again, a wonderful atmosphere. I kept expecting Cary Grant or Debra Kerr to stroll in. Our waitress was possibly the best server we have EVER had. Truly warm, made excellent suggestions, and engaged our son. The food was also very good.

robin on April 6th, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Just returned from a wonderful week at Disney to celebrate my birthday.Most special dinners were had at Narcoosees,Yachtmans and Citricos.Two year old grandson loved Ohana for character breakfast.

Joanne on April 6th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I love the Yachtsman’s Steakhouse in Yacht Club. They have superb steaks and we always ask for the same waiter, Oscar. He is a pro and makes you feel at home. We have been going there for years now and never tire of the menu. Le Cellier in Epcot runs a close second. If you love steak these are 2 restaurants to remember next time you are in Disney World.

Vanessa from Hants on April 6th, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I love all the WDW restaurants but last visit we saved up for the California Grill and had an amazing time. David our server was wonderful and really helpful. The view was stunning, the fireworks were just the icing on the cake of a really wonderful family meal. However, I really love Crystal Palace for fun and a yummy brekkie!

Sean on April 6th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

There is no beating the Yachtsman’s Steakhouse at the Yacht Club Resort. I went to Disney for the fourth time for my senior trip and ate there, my friends and I were speechless, breathless, and in awe over the heavenly food presented to us.

Christine on April 6th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Wolfgang Puck’s Express at Downtown Disney is awesome for quick service meals! The breakfast pizza and Belgian waffles are delicious!!

Shana on April 6th, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I’ve been to a lot of Disney restaurants, but my absolute favorite is Ohana’s. My friends and I went there for dinner late one night, and I’m glad we went hungry. I am the pickiest eater I know but EVERYTHING was amazing. Then, because it was all you can eat, we were able to get as much of the amazing food as we wanted. My friends and I will be going back as many times as we can!

James from FL on April 6th, 2010 at 2:55 pm

My family and I have eaten at many of the resturants around WDW and our favorite is ‘Ohana. It is a must every time we go. Sometimes twice.

Carrie from CA on April 6th, 2010 at 3:11 pm

We loved 50′s Prime Time Diner and the Sci-Fi Diner in Hollywood Studios and The Coral Reef in Epcot. The first two resturants were were very fun spots with great food and The Coral Reef was very, very nice with excellent food and a huge wall that showcased sharks, sea turtles and all kinds of fish.

Carrie on April 6th, 2010 at 3:20 pm

My husband loves Biergarten! It’s a must do for him every trip. He likes the food and can’t get enough of the band.

Barbara from NJ on April 6th, 2010 at 3:24 pm

The Yachtsman Steakhouse is a family favorite. We have been going there for probably the past 17 years during every visit. Don’t even need to look at the menu, well just the wine menu!

Anne on April 6th, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Our all time favorite Disney restaurant is California Grill> My husband is a professional chef and this has ALWAYS been his favorite Disney restaurant. Many other Disney restaurants are wonderful as well, we love Disney and the level of professionalism in every part of our experience on vacation, thank you, can not wiat until our trip this summer to celerbrate my 40th Birthday and our 6 month olds first trip!!!!!

nicole on April 6th, 2010 at 3:29 pm

All of the sit-down style restaurants are so great! I don’t think we’ve ever had a bad meal. Our favorites are probably Tutto Italia and the Ohana breakfast. We do those EVERY time :)

Jane on April 6th, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Our favorite is Kona Cafe in Polynesian Resort, the food is great
and service is very good

Krissy from MA on April 6th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

My family and I really enjoyed eating at Tony’s Town Square in the Magic Kingdom. The menu features traditional Italian dishes, and the atmosphere is designed to look like the Trattoria in the movie The Lady and The Tramp.

Jennifer on April 6th, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I love the California Grill and it definatly deserves the award. But I would also have to vote for Le Cellier in EPCOT. That is my all time favorite.