Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Restaurants Get Top Votes

posted on April 5th, 2010 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Disney Restaurants Get Top Votes
In the upcoming May issue of Orlando Magazine, three Disney restaurants garner top honors, chosen by the magazine’s readers for the 2010 Annual Dining Awards.

Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa places in five categories, voted No. 1 for “Best Service” and No. 1 as “The Restaurant You Are Dying to Visit.” It also is in the top two for “Best Hotel Restaurant,” “Best Romantic Restaurant” and “Best Chef’s Table.”

Winning the top spot as “Best New Restaurant” is Sanaa at Kidani Village at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (the naan bread with mango chutney and cucumber raita is worth the visit). And California Grill is voted as No. 1 “Best Hotel Restaurant” and in the top three for “Best View.”

Do you have a favorite Disney restaurant that you think deserves an accolade?

Filed: Disney Dining, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Stan on April 6th, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Here are our family favorites for amazing food:
Ohana’s
Crystal Palace
Boma

For best atmosphere, we like the following:
50′s Prime Time Cafe
Sci Fi Dine-in Theater
Whispering Canyon
Hoop Dee Do Review
Cinderella’s Royal table (breakfast)

We are really looking forward to trying Coral Reef next January!!

karen on April 6th, 2010 at 4:07 pm

I can honestly say the Brown Derby is my favoeite restaurant. Their Grapefruit Cake is to die for! The Cobb Salad is my all-time favorite. I give this restaurant 6 stars!!!

Julie from NC on April 6th, 2010 at 4:25 pm

O’Hana is our favorite. With honorable mentions to Boma and Chef Mickey’s. Sure Chef Mickey’s is all about the characters but easily one of the best buffets in WDW. The Grand Floridan Cafe is amazing as well.

We’ll be going to O’Hana for the breakfast this summer. We’re so excited!

Jill on April 6th, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I love Ohana and have had many meals there with lots of different friends. If you don’t want quite so much mood Kona Cafe is great too.

Brian from SC on April 6th, 2010 at 5:59 pm

We love going to Downtown Disney and eating at Wolfgang Pucks Express. Great price, fabulous food, terrific service, friendly atmosphere.

Kevin from NY on April 6th, 2010 at 6:32 pm

When we go to Disney, it is as a family. With two kids ages 14 and 11 it is tough to satisfy everyone. But Whispering Canyon Cafe in The Wilderness lounge is excellent. Inside the parks, the best family fun for a sit-down style meal is the 50′s Prime Time Cafe. Both places serve great food, a whole lot of fun and many, many memories.

Sandra from PA on April 6th, 2010 at 6:40 pm

My husband and I love Shutters at the Caribean Beach Resort. We had a very special 25th wedding anniversary dinner there. We enjoy staying at this resort and especially like eating at Shutters.

Pat from MO on April 6th, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Our favorite restaurant is O’Hana’s at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. The food is great and the services is phenominal. We have celebrated many special occasions there and the most memorable was our 35th Wedding Anniversary. There were 32 of us in all at dinner so we had the “King’s Table”. The Cast Members at O’Hana’s helped to make our anniversary one that we will never forget!!

TIM from GA on April 6th, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Tony’s Town Square in the Magic Kingdom is always on our list for every trip!! It has the best spaghetti and meatballs!! For girls you can’t beat Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast!! It’s every girl’s dream!!

Lori on April 6th, 2010 at 7:53 pm

My friend and I were there a month ago. We really enjoy the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort. They have great breakfast entrees such as the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes and Tonga Toast. We went there for dinner this year and had the Coconut Chicken. Delicious!

I would recommend this place to anyone.

judeth from NJ on April 6th, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Each time my son and I visit, we MUST eat at Ohana, either breakfast or dinner. The portions are great and we love the South Seas atmosphere. Also, MY personal favorite is Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh! Really puts me in the mood to start another wonderful vacation!

barbara on April 6th, 2010 at 8:21 pm

on our honeymoon 3 years ago, we were lucky enough to get a breakfast reservation at Cinderella’s Castle. It was the first visit to Disney World for my spouse & he immediately fell in love with Snow White. The food was great, the view was magnificent, & the all the princesses were sweet & accomodating taking pictures, signing autographs (yes for my husband). it was the highlight of our stay!!

Kelly from MD on April 6th, 2010 at 8:40 pm

We enjoy Biergarten! The atmosphere and band are great, and the food is good.

David on April 6th, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Our favorite is the Flying Fish Cafe at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort

Sara from MO on April 6th, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Best breakfast: Kona
Best lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express! Primetime 50s Cafe is another favorite but they took the fried Boursin cheese off the menu :(
Best snack: Dole Whip
Best value quick service: Cosmic Ray’s
Best dinner: Le Cellier (my husband would say Le Chef but this is my vote)

But the absolute best meal in the World: Narcoosee’s! Get the calamari, surf and turf followed by the almond crusted cheesecake while you enjoy the view of the lake. It can’t be beat! I’m craving some now….

craig from Victoria on April 6th, 2010 at 9:52 pm

My family has just returned to Australia fom LA and spending 14 days in Anaheim and 3 of those at Disneyland we had plenty of restraunts to choose from. After discussion with the family we all agreed with the same restraunt whilst i cannot remember the name ( I M SORRY) the mexican restraunt was brilliant for the food and value would always eat there again.

Lillian on April 6th, 2010 at 9:55 pm

1st it’s Ohana’s for breakfast…going there once or twice a year since my kids were 2 (they are now 15 & 16) and it’s still just as yummy now as it was then. And we will be there Saturday April 9th!! Also, Tony’s in the Magic Kingdom, what a hidden treasure. I just tried it for the first time on New Years and it was one of the best italian restaurants I’ve eaten at. Honorable mention: Beignets at the Port Orleans French Quarter!!(sorry for the long post)

Catherine on April 6th, 2010 at 9:57 pm

WDW has so many wonderful places to eat, it is hard to decide a #1. My recent favorite is the new Kouzzina’s at the Boardwalk. The food & atmosphere were fabulous. If you enjoy Mediterranean food, it gets 2 thumbs up. Even my 3 year old at ever bite.

Howard on April 6th, 2010 at 10:05 pm

We love so many restaurants in Disney, especially in EPCOT, but Le Cellier has to be our favorite…best steaks in the world!

Mary from FL on April 7th, 2010 at 8:51 am

My favorties pop in to mind immediately; 50′s Prime Time, Teppan Edo, Whispering Canyon, and Kona Cafe! The 50′s Prime Time and Whispering Canyon have great food and are so much fun! Teppan Edo offers a wonderful experience. The Kona Cafe is perfect for breakfast, with the great coffee and dinner.

Katy from PA on April 7th, 2010 at 11:59 am

California Grill was EXCELLENT!! With the deluxe plan, we were able to trade in a lunch for dinner there. I did however go to the San Angel for lunch in the Mexico pavillion at Epcot. I would LOVE to try a dinner there

Kevin from NJ on April 7th, 2010 at 2:06 pm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Flying Fish….oak plank steak, the best I’ve had! MMMMMMM!! The service is fantastic! No trip to Disney would be complete without dining at Cali Grill, Tony’s Town Square & Sci Fi….those little donuts at Blizzard Beach are a real treat:)

Janice on April 7th, 2010 at 9:08 pm

yes i have a favorite the christal palace, caseys hot dogs, the yak and yetty, the brown derby, the 50′s prime time cafe, the rain forest, fultons crab house, boatrights resturant, wispering canyon resturant, the hoop dee do review, the rose and crown pub, to name a few

Michele on April 8th, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Bistro de Paris – the tasting menu…awesome food, wonderful service and a lovely view!
And…Aloha Isle….Dole Whips rule!

Brittany on April 9th, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Liberty Tree Tavern is one of my favorites. But I must admit I was extremely disappointed when I went last year and the characters were gone. That was one of the highlights from my childhood as well as a lot of other people I know. BRING BACK THE CHARACTERS!