Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Frontierland Hoedown Happening at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on April 8th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Frontierland Hoedown at Magic Kingdom

I have fond memories of Frontierland Hoedown at Magic Kingdom Park and there’s a chance you do too. It’s been part of the park experience over the years. Frontierland Hoedown Happening is the latest installment…and yes, you can be part of the show.

The action begins without notice at Walt Disney World. A lone operator from Big Thunder Mountain walks into the street and starts waving a hat. He’s soon joined by other residents of Frontierland, including the Country Bears and other friends. See for yourself.

When the last song ends, the Frontierland performers thank everyone for joining in and go back to their business — until a Frontierland Hoedown Happening happens again. Have you experienced it yet?

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Gino from CA on April 8th, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Love this. this needs to happen at the californa disneyland. it would be a blast.

Jackie from WA on April 8th, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I have not seen this yet, but it looks like great fun! I can’t wait to see it on our next trip to the Magic Kingdom!

Kelli from MI on April 8th, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Seen the show a few weeks ago! My two year old LOVED IT! A lot of fun for the kids.

Friend on April 8th, 2010 at 4:46 pm

We are going in August for our first wdw trip, can’t wait. We will definitely be seeing this, it looks great with the crowd interaction.

Iris from MI on April 8th, 2010 at 6:44 pm

How much fun can you have in one day? I love this. They better save some of that for me in November ;)

Steffi on April 8th, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Been going there since the park opened (WDW) and NEVER saw this happen. Hope to see it next month. Is there a scheduled time of day?
We will have a blast!

Holly from TN on April 8th, 2010 at 7:14 pm

does anyone what time this happens in wdw? I don’t want to miss it our next trip. :)

Holly from TN on April 8th, 2010 at 7:14 pm

What time?

jennifer on April 8th, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Thats cool, It would be nice if they have it when we take my eight year in july.

james from IL on April 9th, 2010 at 10:53 am

WOW – Can’t wait!!! Hope this happens in December!!!

Mark from NJ on April 9th, 2010 at 11:46 am

I’ve been to WDW 15 times and I’ve never had the pleasure of seeing/participating in this. I’m sorry that’s the case because it looks to be something that’s a don’t miss.

I remember there used to be a shoot-out/stunt show in Frontierland many years ago, but can’t remember if I saw it at Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Is there any chance of that being brought back?

Alison on April 9th, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Think of the new Hoedown Happening as a flash mob, and as it being a sudden surprise to the guests. This is partly why the dancers are dressed as Big Thunder operators, merchandise, etc. Suddenly the music plays and the fun begins. The times are not advertised anywhere and the only cast that seem to know about it are those in entertainment. Some of the more regular cast working in the area around the performance may be your best best to ask, like the ones operating the merchandise kiosks or Country Bear Jamboree operators. They’re probably getting pretty used to seeing when they appear. =)

Sheri on April 9th, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I have to say I have been going to Disney World since it opened back in October 1971 and I have never had the pleasure and am very sorry that we have missed this woderful event. We will be back in May for a 9 day trip and hope that we will get to see this and or join in the fun.

Michael on April 10th, 2010 at 7:45 am

It was mentioned there is nothing like seeing the Magic Kingdom through a child’s eyes. Might I add there is nothing like seeing the Magic Kingdom through the eyes of some one that has never been there…no matter their age? Our honeymoon was spent at WDW in 2008…my new bride had never been there. Talk about seeing the Disney Magic in someones eyes! And my wife is WAY beyond a childs age!

Timothy from CA on April 23rd, 2010 at 11:19 am

As a Former Disneyland cast-member ,working at the Park in 1977-78- & 79, We did the HOEDOWN 2 times a night , it was a trill to made people Happy, It’s a Wonderful Job , maybe that’s why they call it “Magic Kingdom” .