Spaceship Earth at Epcot

New Deluxe Restaurant Coming to the Disney Dream

posted on April 8th, 2010 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Bonjour Disney Parks Bloggers! Today I have great news to share with our fans, especially the foodies. We just announced Remy – a new upscale, adult-only fine dining experience coming to the Disney Dream cruise ship. Think Walt Disney World’s Victoria & Albert’s -– at sea.

Named after the petite French star from the hit film “Ratatouille,” Remy will serve French-inspired, gourmet cuisine paired with impeccable service, a stellar wine list and breathtaking views of the ocean. With a subtle nod to the film, the main dining room is designed in Art Nouveau style. If you look very closely you may even find artful interpretations of the character Remy integrated into the design.

Remy, a New Deluxe Restaurant Coming to the Disney Dream

Creating such an exclusive dining experience called for a truly exquisite menu that could only be delivered by two award-winning chefs: Chef Arnaud Lallement, a Michelin two-starred chef from Reims, France, and Chef Scott Hunnel from award-winning Victoria & Albert’s. They are working together to create a French-inspired menu featuring superior products and seasonal ingredients sourced from around the world.

To get a taste of the cuisine awaiting you at Remy, check out this delicious dish. It’s the Japanese Wagyu Beef with Garlic-Potato Purée.

Japanese Wagyu Beef with Garlic-Potato Purée, to be Served at Remy

We couldn’t leave you without showing you a sweet treat to tempt your taste buds. Master Pastry Chef Erich Herbitschek of Victoria & Albert’s is hard at work creating the grand finale to this delightful dining experience. Take a look the White Chocolate and Meyer Lemon Purse with Blackberry-Violet Sherbet.

White Chocolate and Meyer Lemon Purse with Blackberry-Violet Sherbet, to be Served at Remy

Bon Appétit!

Filed: Disney Cruise Line, Disney Dining

18 Comments 1 Reply

Paul from NY on April 8th, 2010 at 11:50 am

Looks wonderful. Will Remy be in addition to Palo, or is Remy replacing Palo on the new ship?

Jonathan Frontado on April 8th, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Remy will be an addition to Palo, providing you two amazing specialty restaurants aboard the Disney Dream.

Vance from FL on April 8th, 2010 at 1:02 pm

I was wondering when the official announcement was coming out since it’s been visible on the deck plans for a few days now. It looks awesome and will be a great addition to Palo, hopefully it’ll be close to the same surcharge as the current Palo prices. I’m going to have to take another cruise just so I can eat at all the new restaurants.

barbara from NY on April 8th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I can’t wait to make my dining resevation!!!! We are all very excited about the Disney Dream, there are so many new and wonderful things to see, thanks again for the info. My 9th Disney cruise is coming up on May 2nd, on the Wonder, My 10th will be the maiden voyage of the Dream!!!!

David from TN on April 8th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

We’re taking our first Disney cruise in February of 2011 on the Disney Dream and Remy will definitely be on the agenda!

Iris from MI on April 8th, 2010 at 1:36 pm

OH my, that restaurant alone might make me book a cruise. Wonderful

eric on April 8th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

That wagyu beef looks DELICIOUS!!

Rita on April 8th, 2010 at 2:24 pm

WOW Love Palo and we are so looking forward to Remy.

Barbara from FL on April 8th, 2010 at 3:02 pm

we’re booked on the maiden voyage and remy will definately be on our to do list. we’ll be celebrating our 42nd disney cruise.

Christine from WI on April 8th, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Our trip isn’t until October 2011:( I hope Palo’s is on the ship because I want to do the brunch. Remy’s sounds great. Is Remy going to come around on the desert cart? The other restaurants sound great too! It will be our third DCL cruise and I am excited about the new menus!

Christopher from VA on April 8th, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Since Remy is coming to the Disney Dream, I hope that Remy stops by!

Amanda on April 8th, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Can’t wait…It’s our 1st Disney cruise!! We’re sailing on the Dream in May 2011! We will be doing a 10 yr vow renewal on deck. Maybe we can substitute Remy for our Palo reservation the night of our ceremony! I also agree that it would be GREAT if Remy stopped by! :o)

Dina on April 8th, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Gorgeous! And I think I found the hidden Remy in the flourish on the back of the chairs? Very clever ;)

Lynne from TX on April 8th, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Gorgeous pictures!!

Nancy on April 8th, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Oh Wow, looks beautiful!

Rachal on April 8th, 2010 at 10:12 pm

My mouth is watering. Wow, just when we thought the Dream couldn’t sound anymore wonderful. . . it’s going to make the wait that much harder to bare. . .

Tiffany from FL on April 9th, 2010 at 6:20 pm

I’m sailing on the Disney Dream on possibly 2013 and will definitely check this one out! It’s should be a must-do!

angela on April 10th, 2010 at 4:16 pm

We will be going on March 27, 2011 on the Disney Dream. My questions are how far in advance should we make the reservations. Also how much extra will it be and do we pay up front before the cruise for this restaurant or once we are there.

K on April 10th, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Amazing looking! We love Chef Scott- and can’t wait for the opportunity to try Remy…..

Any idea of what the upcharge will be for it?