Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

New Disney Dream Cruise Ship Image

posted on April 23rd, 2010 by Christi Erwin Donnan, Manager of Public Affairs, Disney Cruise Line

Hi, I’m Christi, manager of public affairs at Disney Cruise Line, and I’m very excited to be the newest Disney Parks Blog author. Together with my colleague Jonathan Frontado, we hope to share even more stories about Disney Cruise Line with you.

If you’re like most of the people I talk to, you want to know how the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy are progressing. I recently had the opportunity to visit the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany, where the new Disney ships are being constructed, and I can tell you that it’s an amazing place. The shipyard welcomes 300,000 tourists each year. Visitors learn about shipbuilding and even see ships, like the Disney Dream, being built.
Disney Dream
I hope you enjoy my posts as I provide an insider’s view on some of the construction milestones. For instance, check out the latest photo of the stern of the Disney Dream with its elaborate scrollwork. While remarkable in its unfinished phase, soon Sorcerer Mickey will add a bit of Disney magic to complete this signature feature.
Disney Dream
Look for more updates on the construction of the ships as well as details on how Disney Cruise Line is giving back to port communities and how we are committed to implementing green initiatives aboard.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

14 Comments 1 Reply

Jacob on April 23rd, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Is that the final look of the ship? I like it (it’s very Steampunk) but it doesn’t really fit the classic disney look

Christi Erwin Donnan on April 26th, 2010 at 10:24 am

Thanks everyone for all of your excitement and enthusiasm! As noted, the ship is still under construction so the stern is currently in its unfinished stage. However, like many of you, I can’t wait until the Maiden Voyage!

barbara from NY on April 23rd, 2010 at 12:33 pm

WOW, Thanks for the great pictures! I cant wait to see the Dream in person!

Leslie from FL on April 23rd, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Can’t wait!! 278 more days till the Inaugural Cruise!!!

Carolyn from CA on April 23rd, 2010 at 12:39 pm

OMG SOOO Beautiful!!! Thank you for showing us these pictures and please show more!!! I was wondering who you would put hinging off the back of the ship!

Kimberly on April 23rd, 2010 at 12:58 pm

It looks fantastic! I’m so excited to take a cruise on it =)

Peggy from WY on April 23rd, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I am looking so forward to sailing on the Disney Dream in March 2011. This will be my second time sailing with Disney Cruise and what an awesome experience it was and will continue to sail with them.

Annette from FL on April 23rd, 2010 at 1:38 pm

I,ve enjoyed 2 cruises on the Magic and 1 on the Wonder. I am anxious to cruise on the Dream.

Marcel on April 23rd, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I want to joy the magic!

David on April 23rd, 2010 at 6:31 pm

We are so excited. Doing our first Disney cruise in 2012 on either the Magic or her Sister the Fantasy! Wahoo!

Owen on April 24th, 2010 at 8:53 am

The excitement builds for our Family Reunion in March. As one grand son said,”Poppa, I don’t know if I will be able to sleep before then!” Keep up the good work (which includes your PR efforts to keep the dream alive) CHEERS! 0wen

Carmen from IL on April 24th, 2010 at 9:25 am

We’ve started saving our Disney Dream Dollars for this one! Haven’t cruised with Disney yet and look forward to experiencing the Disney Dream. (what a perfect name) The ships details are amazing. Really enjoy the updates.

Marc on April 24th, 2010 at 8:24 pm

OH WOW! This is AMAZING! :) I can’t wait until the ship are finished and make their maiden voyages. Perhaps I’ll be lucky enough to travel on one of them for their maiden voyage.

Jehnavi from FL on April 26th, 2010 at 5:18 am

Planning a vacation and want to go on cruise, but seemingly worried will you as parents, be able to spend quality time with each other. Will it be just taking them around, keeping eye on them and just same ordinary life as of the city, but now on cruise? Traveling with kids is such a challenge, because they have this knack of getting into problems or because they have this unrelenting tendency to seek your attention.

Kris from FL on April 26th, 2010 at 8:41 am

Why wasn’t the ship built in the US? We have many skilled unemployed shipbuilders here!