Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Country Bear Christmas Special at Magic Kingdom Park

New Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey and Friends

posted on April 14th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Last November we announced the December 11 opening of the new Surf’s Up! Mickey & Friends breakfast at Disney’s PCH Grill on Twitter, and I recently had the chance to check it out for myself.

The newly themed restaurant not only features a standard kids’ buffet with such favorites as pancakes, waffles and bacon, but also includes some delicious choices for adults including breakfast flatbreads from the wood-burning oven, grilled breast of chicken with roasted garlic sauce, and the signature chilaquiles with shredded beef, salsa verde and queso fresco.

I tried everything, but I think my favorite dishes were the egg white frittata with ricotta cheese, fresh basil, spinach and tomatoes, and the indulgent chocolate-peanut butter-banana French toast.

In addition to the food, there are some really fun experiences for kids that set this character breakfast apart from the rest. It’s the only place at the Disneyland Resort where you can dine with Mickey Mouse, and it’s the only dining experience where kids can learn how to ride a wave and practice hula hooping.

Here’s a short video to show you how cute these experiences are:

For more information or to make reservations, please call Disney Dining at (714) 781-DINE.

Of course, Disney’s PCH Grill isn’t the only place you can dine with the Characters. At the Disneyland Hotel, you can find Goofy and his pals at Goofy’s Kitchen, and look for Chip ‘n’ Dale at Storytellers Cafe in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. You will also find character dining experiences in the parks. Do you have a favorite?

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Hotels & Resorts

Chris on April 14th, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Looks like great fun. The kids loved having breakfast at Goofy’s Kitchen last time we were there. Thanks for adding another fun filled option. :)

Jason from CA on April 14th, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Can’t wait to take the kids…They love Goofy’s Kitchen!

terra from AL on April 14th, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Just made reservations! Thanks for the info.

Sanja on April 14th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

We went to Goofy’s Kitchen, Breakfast with Mickey and Friends and Breakfast with Minnie and Friends last week and Mickey’s was my favorite, it was more relaxing but yet fun and also Mickey was there and available the whole time so my son got to hug him like 3 times cause Mickey is his favorite :) Stitch was the funnest of all characters we saw. Minnie’s dining was good too because we got to see over 10 characters in like 30 minute period :)

RaChelle from UT on April 14th, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I love breakfast with the characters! Even celebrated my birthday with them. Will be back in May.

Nancy on April 14th, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Looking forward to trying this!!! On our 1st trip, we did breakfast at Story Tellers, Goofy’s kitchen & with Minnie in the park. The “best” characters were at Minnie’s, but the best food quality was clearly at Story Teller’s Cafe. Our kids LOVE doing the “Chip & Dale” Breakfast.

Sarah on April 14th, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I am looking forward to trying this out. My kids love Ariel’s Grotto but I think my son would especially enjoy this more. Can’t wait! Thanks for the great information!

Dina on April 14th, 2010 at 10:04 pm

We’re planning a trip for later this year – we are SO there!!!!

Janice from CA on April 15th, 2010 at 10:35 am

Looks like fun. Glad to see Mickey there. He is my favorite of all the characters.

Derek on May 5th, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Going to Surf’s Up at end of May with our two little guys. I can hardly wait. I know they will freak-out. It’s there first trip to Disneyland.