Mission: SPACE at Epcot

Summer Nightastic! is Back at the Disneyland Resort

posted on April 29th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Summer Nightastic!

We’ve been sharing a lot of information about “World of Color” in the past couple months, and if you’re planning to come see the new water spectacular when it debuts June 11 you might also like to know about Summer Nightastic! Our summer line-up of popular shows and after dark entertainment runs June 11 through Aug. 29.

Here’s the rundown:

• Fantasmic!” – The classic show on the Rivers of America was just enhanced last year with a fully animated 40-foot-tall dragon, cutting-edge digital video technology and an appearance by Flotsam and Jetsam, the slithering eels who serve Ursula the Sea Witch in “The Little Mermaid.”
  • “Magical” – The fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle features a host of characters, including Tinker Bell and an airborne Dumbo.
  • Toy Story Mania! – Tom Smith recently gave a sneak peek of the new faces coming to this Paradise Pier attraction and also announced the new Lotso character appearing in the Park.
  • TLT Dance Club – Dance the night away at this dance club in Tomorrowland Terrace in Disneyland park, where live bands and DJs from the hottest Southern California radio stations will appear on selected nights throughout the summer.
  • Pixie Hollow Enchantment – For a pixie-dusted evening, check out the light show at Pixie Hollow and see Tinker Bell and her friends come to life at night.

If you had a chance to visit the Disneyland Resort for Summer Nightastic! last year, what did you like best?

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Lindsey on April 29th, 2010 at 1:31 pm

My favorite part was the 3 day parkhopper ticket for 99$ Hopefully it will make a comeback as well?

Marisa on April 29th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I was able to catch Summer Nightastic! last year and was sad to see that Maleficent was down :( However, I enjoyed Magical very much. Seeing Dumbo fly was really special!

I will be going for Summer Nightastic this year and can’t wait to finally see the new dragon and The World of Color!

Nellie on April 29th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

@ Lindsey: Where did you purchase $99 3 day parkhopper tickets?

Fred from CA on April 29th, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I really enjoyed seeing Dumbo fly during the fireworks, and the new additions to Fantasmic were great, even though the Maleficent dragon was late…But I guess these things happen.

I’m really excited to see World of Color, and I’m also looking forward to the new additions to Toy Story Midway Mania and seeing Lotso in the Pixar Play Parade.

Kristin on April 29th, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Will there be a schedule posted somewhere for the TLT Dance Club??

Jamie on April 29th, 2010 at 2:18 pm

My favorite part (and I can speak for dozens are my friends who were there for this too) was when Suburban Legends played the Tomorrowland Terrace (aka TLT dance club!). We came out in the dozens to come support ALL their TLT shows and we always had a good time. We have so many memories and it’s become a summer tradition to see Suburban Legends at TLT every summer (and beyond!). I know they are the most popular band to be asked back for TLT shows, and I hope that goes for this summer! Bring back SL please! =)

Thor from CA on April 29th, 2010 at 2:26 pm

OMG!!! I LOVE NIGHTASTIC!!! My fave part from last summer was waiting for the dragon to appear, and watching The Suburban Legends at Tomorrowland Terrace. I can’t wait to see the dragon back in Fantasmic! on Memorial Day Weekend. Thank you DISNEY PARKS for giving us another Nightastic summer for 2010!

Jeanie on April 29th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Every time I was at Disneyland last summer, Dumbo never made an apperance. I hope that they took care of the problems and I’ll be able to see Dumbo fly.
Fantasmic is an amazing show! I never get tired of seeing it.

jessica from CA on April 29th, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I’m happy for everything except this new “magical” fireworks show.
I saw it and I’m not sure that it had a theme of any kind–not like the previous one (which will be hard to top!).

April on April 29th, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Oh my! A lot of new fun on the same night! I’m very VERY excited for the Pixie Hollow show. I didn’t know they were actually going to do something like that! Can’t wait for June!

Matthew from CA on April 29th, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Electric Light Parade returning to main street! I can’t wait. I also hear rumours about something else on June 11 and if it is true I’ll be queueing up all day!

Marija on April 29th, 2010 at 3:17 pm

We look SO forward to our vacation to see Summer Nightastic! How is seating/crowd control going to be handled at World of Color and Fantasmic? Also, how are young children going to see World of Color if it’s standing room only?

Barbara on April 29th, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Where is the best viewing spot to be able to see Dumbo fly?

Evan on April 29th, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Will Suburban Legends be back at TLT Dance Club this year?!

Allen from NH on April 29th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

That is an awesome sight. There is so much more we want to see at Disneyland. Can’t wait to put the DVC to work and book our room in California!

Nancy on April 29th, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Fantastic!! We love the night shows. PS – Have you ever thought of bringing big name band to Disneyland? I would love to see Huey Lewis & The News perform. Great music & they are VERY family friendly.

Lynnae on April 29th, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Seeing the new dragon in Fantasmic! was the most exciting thing of last year’s Summer Nightastic! Everyone cheered when it came out!

This year I’m most looking forward to World of Color, as I’m sure everyone else is.

jason from CA on April 29th, 2010 at 9:57 pm

I loved the Magical show from Nightastic and loved it when the new dragon finally came for Fantasmic

Sandy on April 29th, 2010 at 10:05 pm

i know that Aladdin in california adventure is ending this summer…what are they going to replace it with??

Sharon from NSW on April 29th, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Sounds fantastic. We loved the nightly shows from last year. Is anything planned for mid Sept this year? We come from Australia and wont be there during the Summer unfortunately.

Robert from FL on April 30th, 2010 at 1:30 am

We went to Disneyland in late June last year. My favorite parts of Summer Nightastic was Disney’s Electrical Parade and Magical. I think “Remember, Dreams Come True” is a better show, but I really loved seeing Dumbo fly! I’ve never heard such gasps from the crowds during a fireworks show! We didn’t get to see the new Maleficient, but I think Fantasmic is still better at Disneyland than at Walt Disney World. We’re going to Walt Disney World instead of Disneyland this summer, so it looks like the Electrical Parade is following us!

Oh, and if anyone ever asks me if I’ve ever seen an elephant fly, I can say “Yes!!”

Lynn on April 30th, 2010 at 11:55 am

Does anyone know if World of Color and Fantasmic will still be on for the Sept long weekend as I am there for marathon weekend? My fingers and toes are crossed

Lizzy on April 30th, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I Wanna Go :(

Tammy from TX on April 30th, 2010 at 1:42 pm

@ Lindsey You can get them @ local supermarket and retail chains such as Vons, Albertsons, Ralphs, Stater Bros., Food 4 Less, Gelsons, Dearden’s and Toys ‘R’ Us. It is for southern California residents.

Melissa from NE on April 30th, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I’m very excited to see the new dragon. When I went last summer it wasn’t working, and we were left watching Fantasmic with no dragon at all – which really just isn’t the same. I’m so glad it will be up and running this summer!
(although, I still prefer Fantasmic! at WDW – just love the bubble scene and Pocahontas)

Brittany on April 30th, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Fantasmic! has always been my favorite thing at Disneyland. I HAVE to see it whenever I go. I plan a night around it. It was awesome before, but the dragon just makes it amazing :) . I’m excited to see World of Color too.

Emmanuel on May 3rd, 2010 at 11:51 am

Yay!!!!! Summer Nightastic! is my favorite seasonal promo!

This year will be pretty special with World of Color being part of it and the Fantasmic! Dragon making it’s first summer run. I remember seeing it on it’s first night.

Nico on May 7th, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Do you know when Ratatouille will be coming back to the Play Parade?

Cynthia on May 19th, 2010 at 5:51 pm

I like the “Magical” fireworks show, but I LOVE this year’s “Remember” fireworks show. IMO, it is the best show that Disneyland has orchestrated in a very long time. The fireworks are always beautiful, but this time everything is so perfect. The music is perfectly synced with the fireworks, the transitions are flawless, the theme and organization are just amazing. I wish they would keep the “Remember” fireworks throughout the summer

pedroza on May 20th, 2010 at 2:30 pm

man thats not cool; we just moved from ca. to washington

Larry on May 22nd, 2010 at 2:18 pm

This is so cool. I love Fantasmic.

toni ann from CA on May 24th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I was not thrilled with Magical last summer. It was a very drawn out show that was lacking exuberance. I am very excited for World of Color! But I am also worried how children and the vertically challenged, like my self, will be able to enjoy it. Cheers to a fantasmic summer!

Catherine on May 24th, 2010 at 9:41 pm

can’t wait what bands will perform?? U should bring Steve Rushton back he was awesome :D

Faith from CA on May 25th, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I really enjoyed seening Steve perform too. He rocked tlt hope he comes back this summer :)