I have a soft spot for sweets, so I don’t know how I missed the sweetest event of Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival last year, Sweet Sundays. The popular event is returning for the 2010 Festival and features a sparkling toast and light buffet breakfast on six Sunday mornings at the new Festival Showplace in Disney’s California Adventure park. You can see demonstrations and enjoy elegant desserts created by acclaimed pastry chefs, including Jean-Marc Viallet and Jorge Sotelo of the Disneyland Resort. To get an idea of what the event is like, check out this video from last year’s delicious event.
If the video makes your sweet tooth ache for more, here are some details to help you decide which event will satisfy your craving.
- Date: Sundays, April 18, May 2, 16, 23 (other dates are sold out)
- Time: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Location: Festival Showplace, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Disney’s California Adventure park
- Price: $70 per person, plus tax, gratuity included. You can book online and check the latest information at disneyland.com/foodandwine.
**Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend; valid ID required. Advance reservations required. Space is limited. Admission to Disney’s California Adventure park is required for events held within the Park and is not included in the event price.
Here’s the line-up of outstanding pastry chefs and bakers:
- April 18: Jean-Marc Viallet, Executive Pastry Chef
- May 2: Richard Ruskell, Montage Beverly Hills
- May 16: Jorge Sotelo, Executive Pastry Chef, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- May 23: Elaine Ardizzone & Donna Cellere, Sweet Cheeks Baking Co.
Let us know if you went last year and what you liked best about Sweet Sundays.