Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

The Date You’ve Been Waiting For: ‘World of Color’ Water Spectacular Debuts June 11 at Disney’s California Adventure Park

posted on April 20th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

World of Color
Lights, water, fire, music and animation will come together like never before on June 11 when “World of Color” makes its dazzling debut at Disney’s California Adventure park. You will get to experience some of your favorite Disney stories – from the charming to the adventurous – in a magical, new way.

Many of you, as readers of the Disney Parks Blog, have been following our documentation of the development of this playful, nighttime water spectacular. I’ve loved reading your comments and sharing in the enthusiasm for this highly anticipated show, and we want you to be among the first to see some up-close footage we recently captured during a rehearsal.

Enjoy the video and a special introduction from the man behind the magic, Steve Davison from Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment.

As you saw in the video, the show is brilliantly choreographed as it combines nearly 1,200 powerful fountains, popular Disney music, larger-than-life projections, lasers, fire, fog, surround sound and stunning images. On top of that, the magnificent, moving fountains are capable of reaching enormous heights — from 30 to 200 feet -– while maintaining their dazzling colors.

As I’m sure you know from reading the Disney Parks Blog, “World of Color” is a major milestone in the multi-year expansion of Disney’s California Adventure park.

“World of Color” debuts this year as part of Summer Nightastic! –- a lineup of exciting, after-dark entertainment at the Disneyland Resort. Summer Nightastic! will run from June 11 through August 29, and you’ll be able to catch “World of Color” year-round at Paradise Bay.

Now that you’ve had a glimpse of the show, what do you think about “World of Color” so far?

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

65 Comments 1 Reply

Greg from CA on April 21st, 2010 at 1:32 pm

We are looking foward to seeing the show.

Meaghan on April 21st, 2010 at 2:50 pm

The show looks fantastic! I can’t wait to see it! I was just curious though, how long is the running time for it?

Matthew from CA on April 21st, 2010 at 7:24 pm

‘ve always enjoyed Steven’s enthusiasm. I would love to have him narrate the live show and be part of his live audience. It’s been really cool to watch this all come together – from the first days of the pond being drained, to seeing the equipment being installed, now all the testing. I can’t wait. Good Luck Steven – Good luck Disney – Go California Adventure!!!

Pamela on April 21st, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I am so excited to finally hear an opening date for the show. I have been waiting since the expansion of DCA began. It looks really awesome.

Brittany from UT on April 21st, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Is there any place where reserved seating can be in view of the World of Color. We like to reserve seating at Epcot for their show. Mostly because we have a daughter with autism. While I know she would thouroughly enjoy the show, waiting for it to begin is a REAL challenge for her. So, it’s just easier for us to make a reservation somewhere. I can’t think of a place in California Adventure where this would be possible. Is there one?

Brittany from UT on April 21st, 2010 at 11:27 pm

I forgot to mention… the last day of our next disney trip is June 11th. So, I know that we will be battling with a HUGE crowd. I just want to figure out how to make it a positive experience for our daughter.

Nora on April 22nd, 2010 at 12:10 am

I am so excited! Now I wish I could go!

Michelle on April 22nd, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Any information on when I’ll be able to make preferred seating reservations? I know as of now for other shows like Fantasmic, you can reserve seats up to a month in advance. :-)

Lynn on April 25th, 2010 at 3:22 am

My Husband and my twins are looking forward to seeing this fantastic show. We will be there June 15-18th….Lynn

Phillip on April 25th, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Will Tinker Bell and Little Squirt still be in the show?

JoAnn on May 2nd, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Can’t wait to see it!!!!

William on May 6th, 2010 at 6:39 pm

We’re checking into going to the park from Salt Lake City the second weekend in July. From the looks of things, this WORLD OF COLOR is worth the trip! Exciting!!

Erin from BC on May 7th, 2010 at 12:09 am

I am so excited about this show!! I read yesterday that there will be a dinner experience. Are there any further details on this?

Katrina on May 16th, 2010 at 11:28 pm

We are so cal pass holders. Is there any date that we will be able to see this show? Will it run everyday during the month of August or just the blocked-out dates. I really wish they would continue it through Sept on Friday and Saturday nights. Please let me know if you here they are going to do that.

Daniel from CA on May 20th, 2010 at 12:49 pm

This is DISNEY!!! I’m looking forward to viewing a jaw-dropping new show!!!