Mickey and Friends at Disneyland Park

Tween Crazes Hit Walt Disney World

posted on April 21st, 2010 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

Some crazes fade just as quickly as they arrive –- but sometimes they are just too fun ignore! Two new crazes have found their way into Disney Parks and judging by how unique and cute they are, I’m sure we’ll be seeing them around for quite some time.

Pook-A-Looz, the new line for plush, apparel, and accessories from Disney Consumer Products are truly too cute for their own good! Pook-A-Looz were created to capture the personalities of iconic Disney characters in an offbeat and unique way. The new line features more than 30 different characters ranging from classic characters such as Alice In Wonderland, Muppets, to favorites from Pixar films.
Queen of Hearts Pook-A-Looz
Pook-A-Looz were first debuted at D-23 last September, since their launch, Pook-A-Looz have exploded, not only retailers across the country but at Disney Parks as well. Be on the lookout, later this fall, Disney Theme Parks will be releasing Pook-A-Looz that can only be found in the Disney Parks!

Disney Parks Pook-A-Looz designs range from Sorcerer Mickey to Yeti & Figment! Here’s a sneak peek at an upcoming Pook-A-Looz that will be found in Disney Parks!
Sorcerer Mickey Pook-A-Looz
Another hot new fad that’s popped up both inside and outside Disney Parks is Rubber Band Animals. It seems everywhere you look, you can find a wrist heavily adorned with colorful creations. So what exactly are Rubber Band Animals? They are colorful rubber-band style bracelets that morph into animals when you take them off. You can stretch them, twist them, and bend them into any shape, but they always return to their original form.
Rubber Band Animals
Coming later this year, Disney Parks is releasing our own version of Rubber Band Animals based off your favorite Disney characters and icons. What Disney character Rubber Band Bracelets do you want to wear?

Keep an eye out for future blog posts where we’ll give you a sneak peek at the new Pook-A-Looz and Disney Character Rubber Band Bracelets that are on their way to Disney Parks!

Tagged:

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Jeffrey from NC on April 21st, 2010 at 11:16 am

My daughter will love the Disney Rubber Band Bracelets!!

Suzannah from FL on April 21st, 2010 at 11:36 am

Hysterical – we Disney Moms were just discussing the Silly Bandz on twitter! I think a Fairies set would be great, a Villains set, classic characters (Mickey & the gang), and one of the Park icons – Castle, Sorcerer’s Hat, Spaceship Earth and Tree of Life! OH, and a set of all the different colors of Monorails! :D

Hannah on April 21st, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Those Pook-A-Looz are so cute!!! It would be so cool to have a line of Monsters, Inc. and Song of the South characters. And for the parks, it would be cool to have a line of ride attraction characters (i.e. Haunted Mansion Chambermaid and Master Gracey).

And more than anything, I would love a Disney Pin line of the Pook-a-Looz. I would so buy those.

Joanna on April 21st, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I LOVE POOK-A-LOOZ. And I can’t wait for the Muppet ones to be released as well as the Tron ones. (Which are supposed to look like they came out of a computer. :D )

Ryan from OH on April 21st, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Rubber Band Bracelets & Pook-a-Looz of MUPPETS, please!!!

Morgan from FL on April 21st, 2010 at 4:14 pm

The Pook-a-Looz are so cute! And I love Silly Bandz! I’m so glad your coming out with Disney ones! I would love to see a Princess set with like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Snow White, and Belle!

Kristen on April 21st, 2010 at 4:23 pm

SILLY BANDS!!!! All three of my kids love them!!!! My 8-year old son would like to see classic characters, like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Pluto. My 4-year ols son would like to see Chuggington and anything from the Cars movie or Monsters Inc. My 9-year old daughter would like to see Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana, Suite Life on Deck and Tinker Bell. They all have huge collections of silly bands. I keep them in house as rewards for jobs well done and they love to earn them!

Saralyn from TX on April 21st, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Zanybandz are the latest craze at my kids’ elementary school! I hope the Disney bands are available when we are at WDW in June. We’d love some Disney/Pixar bands, especially Monsters, Inc. There’s not enough Mike and Sulley merchandise out there!

Gregory from PA on April 21st, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I LUV Pook-A-Looz!

Elizabeth on April 21st, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Winnie-the-Pooh characters would be great! Tigger especially! Piglet too! Looking forward to new “toys” in the fall…

Jacob on April 21st, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Is there any chance that they’ll make a Br’er Rabbit Pook-A-Loo?

Shanell from NJ on April 21st, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Not a tween or mom and I love Pook-A-Looz!

Marci on April 21st, 2010 at 6:30 pm

These things are CUTE! Heading to WDW next week and I definitely plan on picking one up! :-)

Ann from TN on April 21st, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Love the pook-a-looz. I got a pencil case from toys r us that I am using for a make up case in my purse. I also purchased a journal with all the characters on it. They are adorable.

This morning my daughter and I were getting her silly bandz ready for the day and I told her Disney would probably have their own very soon! We are visiting WDW in September so hopefully they will be out by then!

Marcel on April 21st, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Cool

Allison on April 21st, 2010 at 9:51 pm

For those wondering, Disney World already sells those animal bands. I found some in the Pirates of the Caribbean shop.

Edgar on April 21st, 2010 at 11:29 pm

omg there soooo cute. do u think they will do a prince phillip one
and or a maleficent dragon one. i would like th prince phillip. he’s my favorite hero. and the most unreckonized . tht’s why they should do more sleeping beauty

Jeni on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:03 am

Forget the tweens! I (a thirty-something mother of three) am in love with the Pook-A-Looz! I saw them in Tren-D the last time I was at Downtown Disney and was sorely tempted to get one. Alice in Wonderland being one of my favorite stories adopted by Disney, I had to restrain myself from blowing my budget. It was no easy thing. I assure you!

JL from The Disney Driven Life

Jim from NJ on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:03 am

Will the rubber band animals be latex free? My daughter is allergic to latex but is able to play with Silly Bandz because they are latex free.

LISA from MA on April 22nd, 2010 at 12:17 pm

LOL! That is too funny about the Rubber Bandz. I did say to my husband when these started becoming the “new sensation” that in no time Disney would have their own version. I guess I missed my calling, now didn’t I.

Amanda from NY on April 22nd, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Please tell me I can get those bracelets by mid May! I’m going to Disney at the end of May and I want some!

Robin on April 22nd, 2010 at 4:41 pm

I love Pook-A-Looz. Not only are they popular with tweens but my college-age daughter and her friends are crazy abou them too!

Allison on April 23rd, 2010 at 1:25 pm

DISNEY WORLD SILLY BANDS!?! I will be buying a ton of these on my CP this fall! There has to be a mickey head and TINKERBELL!!!!!!!! MUST MUST MUST!! :)

April on April 24th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

The Silly Bandz have reached my daughter’s kindergarten class :-) She would just love a Disney Fairies set. I also agree that the Park Icons would be cute!

Debbie from NY on May 7th, 2010 at 3:56 pm

My daughter is having a heart attack over the thought of Disney Shaped rubber bands! They are so popular where we live. Thank you for telling us about the bands are now in the Pirates of The Carribean Shop. Cant wait for the Minnie styles!

Evan on May 10th, 2010 at 8:45 pm

When are the Figment and Sorcerer Mickey ones being released?