Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Update: Aulani! Disney’s New Destination Resort in Hawai`i

posted on April 30th, 2010 by Michelle Baumann, Walt Disney World Public Relations

Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i
Hi everyone…I had to share this beautiful image overlooking the crescent-shaped lagoon from the 9th floor of Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i. I am happy to report that construction for our newest Disney Vacation Club Resort is right on track. We actually reached a construction milestone today, as we ended the vertical construction phase of our 15-story oceanfront resort with a “topping off” ceremony.

Tagged:

Filed: Disney Vacation Club, Hotels & Resorts

ANTHONY from PA on April 30th, 2010 at 6:40 pm

That is breath taking view, nut really is there a bad view at all when you are in Hawaii?

Douglas from MD on April 30th, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Can’t wait to see it in person!

Bill from CA on April 30th, 2010 at 11:35 pm

We stayed at the JW Marriott which would be just to the right of this picture. The Ko Olina area is amazing. Disney picked a great spot away from the crowds!

Jackie from KY on May 1st, 2010 at 1:01 am

Just beautiful!

Chad from CA on May 1st, 2010 at 2:34 am

Thanks Michelle for the update. I look forward to my first trip to the resort. However, could you tell us if the refineries to the left (at Barbers Point) are visible to the upper floors?

Regina from FL on May 1st, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Stunning! Would you share the reasoning for only 2 bedroom vacation club units at Aulani? Thanks.

Thor from CA on May 2nd, 2010 at 5:34 am

OMG!!! That’s a gorgeous view! I love to go to Hawaii, and I usually go to the Big Island to stay at Waikaloa Village with the monorails and the Jungle Cruise boats that take you to your room. But now I’m thinking I should look into joining DVC so I can stay at this place on Oahu instead! Thank you Disney Parks for building such a gorgeous new DVC resort for us!!!

Becky on May 2nd, 2010 at 2:47 pm

We own a timeshare in Ko’lina at the Marriott, we have 4 lagoons, it’s a really nice and quiet side of Oahu on the West Side.

matt from AL on May 2nd, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Nice Smiley :)

Adela from CA on May 3rd, 2010 at 4:10 pm

When looking through the parks section, as I often do I came across the page for this resort. Just hearing that there was going to be a resort in Hawaii got me excited. I was born on Oahu, and I have been wanting to take my son there for a vacation. This has just given me a reason to start saving up for that vacation.