Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Video Update: What’s Coming Up at Disney’s California Adventure Park

posted on April 2nd, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

In January, we shared a four-minute video to give you a broad look at the changes coming to Disney’s California Adventure park, and we promised there would be more videos to come.

Well, Eddie is back! Today’s video features an update on “World of Color” and shows how the new water spectacular is jam-packed with the creative elements Disney is famous for: powerful, emotional storytelling, amazing visuals and classic music.

If you’re looking for more details about what’s coming to Disney’s California Adventure park, check out www.DisneysCaliforniaAdventure.com or visit the Blue Sky Cellar in the park.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Leslie on April 2nd, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I can’t wait for this new attraction to open. Looking forward to all the exciting changes coming to California Adventure.

Roger on April 2nd, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I can’t imagine anyone NOT being just filled with excitement and anticipation to see WoC come to life!

Anyone who got to see Steve Davison do his inspired and enthusiastic “presentation” of what WoC was going to be like, either at the Blue Sky Cellar or at the D23 Expo, had to be impressed. And now, as we starting to see the first “sneak previews” of the real show elements, I can tell you that even my wildest expectations are being exceeded!

I am anxiously waiting the debut of WoC and the rest of the upcoming DCA new offerings.

Desiree on April 2nd, 2010 at 3:48 pm

This is so exciting! I’m hoping this is ready when I go to CA Adventure in August. :)

Jenniffer on April 2nd, 2010 at 3:57 pm

i can’t wait for this attraction…the first guy on the video is aladin from the musical…;P

Fred from CA on April 2nd, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Very exciting!
I can’t wait for World of Color!

jason on April 2nd, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I have been to Disneyland only once since I live in Alabama, but I have been to Disney World at least 60 times. Planning another trip back to Disneyland soon. Cant wait.

Michael from TN on April 2nd, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Wow what a menu you’ve put together for this attraction:
Disney Animation, Water, Lights, Special Effects and Music recorded at one of the best studios in the World!! I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!

Alisha from UT on April 2nd, 2010 at 5:10 pm

They’re shooting for June 11th at last check… But officially, there is no date. My husband and I have been following the progress of WoC and the other new additions to CA for years. We’re very excited!

Jeannine on April 2nd, 2010 at 5:35 pm

As usual, the magic that Disney creates and shares with the world continues to expand in its entertainment element, therefore allowing us to expand our imaginations. What a precious gift! Thank you to all the imagineers who have worked on this project. I eagerly anticipate WoC’s arrival and look forward to many years of enjoying this experience. Cheers to Disney’s newest tradition-to-be!

Gregory from PA on April 3rd, 2010 at 12:16 am

I *heart* Eddie! :)

Morgan from FL on April 3rd, 2010 at 12:17 pm

All of these new additions sound wonderful, especially the World of Color. However, I live in Florida, and my family and I go to Walt Disney World very often, and we will continue to, I also don’t see us taking a trip way out to California anytime soon to go to Disneyland because we are so far away. So, as all of these new attractions, rides, and shows and experiences are amazing for Disneyland, I would absolutely love to know what is going on, and what the Imagineers are planning and trying to add to Walt Disney World because WDW is very special to me and I love to see it grow and develop and expand.

Kristen from CA on April 3rd, 2010 at 1:42 pm

When will this be done?

Alison from CA on April 4th, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I am so proud of my friend Eddie! And of course I’m excited for all the new changes!!!!

Sam on April 5th, 2010 at 8:27 pm

California Adventure will no longer be the ugly step child to Disneyland. It’s going to rock!