Grizzly River Run

A Little Vacation Indulgence

posted on May 5th, 2010 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

While Walt Disney World chefs keep “healthful” at the forefront, sometimes a little indulgence is just called for. Disney’s pastry chefs have been busy creating fun new sweets for all four theme parks. Take a peek:
Jumbo Cream Puffs with Fresh Berries at Kringla Bakeri og Kafe
Jumbo cream puffs with fresh berries at Kringla Bakeri og Kafe at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot World Showcase.
Gargantuan Chocolate Butterfinger Cupcake at Starring Rolls
Gargantuan chocolate Butterfinger cupcake, chocolate peanut butter cupcakes and marble cupcakes at Starring Rolls at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Gooey Chocolate Brownies at Main Street Bakery
Gooey chocolate brownies with or without walnuts at Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom.
Cupcakes at Krusifari Bakery
Cupcakes at Krusifari Bakery
Two new cupcakes at Kusafiri Bakery at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: the zebra cupcake (yellow cake with buttercream icing and swirls of white and chocolate shavings) and the elephant cupcake (chocolate with German chocolate filling, buttercream frosting and a white chocolate elepant on top). There’s also a new brownie topped with buttercream and a chocolate fudge paw imprint.
Brownie Topped with Buttercream and a Chocolate Fudge Paw Imprint at Krusifari Bakery

Tagged: , , , , ,

Filed: Disney Dining, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Morgan from FL on May 5th, 2010 at 6:03 pm

These desserts look delicious! I’m going to Walt Disney World at the end of this month and I will definitely have to try some of these!

Bret on May 5th, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Those look delicious! I’d also add the chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow (in the Magic Kingdom) as a vacation indulgence our family truly enjoys.

Andrea from São Paulo on May 5th, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Hummm… I will try on August!!!

Alisha from UT on May 5th, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Those all look delicious! I’d love to go to WDW and try them! Our favorites at Disneyland are the Tollhouse ice cream sandwiches, Monte Cristos (a true indulgence!), churros, Dole whips and chocolate croissants!

Carrie from CA on May 5th, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Those look delicious! “Kusafiri” is still misspelled!

Shawna from BC on May 5th, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Those look amazing, but i’m hoping for a blog post on some of the healthy favourites at the parks because recently someone in my family has had to switch to a healthier lifestyle and a blog on that would be super helpful b4 our next trip!

Josephine on May 5th, 2010 at 10:41 pm

I start working at one of Disney’s resorts next week. I know what I’ll be doing on my first day off.

Lizzy on May 6th, 2010 at 7:37 am

They look so tasty. The cakes at Disney are always the best. :)

Crystal from VA on May 6th, 2010 at 11:05 am

Can a person survive on dessert alone? Maybe a new dining plan that is just desserts? Oh, these look wonderful!!! (I usually hit the French pastry shop each visit but next time I might have to try the Norway one instead.)

Daniel on May 6th, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Can we all agree that Pam has a dream job? I’ve added those to my “snack credit” wish list for our vacation in August. My favorite indulgences are a Zebra Dome or a Dole Whip.

Euskady from PR on May 6th, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Can’t wait till the first week of June!!!! I’ll be stopping at each one!!!

LISA from MA on May 7th, 2010 at 5:07 am

Our family has this rule that all the “goodies” we eat while on our WDW vacations are “calorie free” so on our daughter’s June Graduation trip we will have to sample these scrumptious desserts! Since we don’t overindulge, share our desserts and we’re on the go throughout the WDW property from the time we land @ the airport until the time we leave, it’s a win-win scenario!