Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dates, Tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

posted on May 21st, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
In recent weeks, I’ve noticed an uptick in requests for dates and ticket information for some of my favorite upcoming events – Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park. Well today, we’re sharing details. Tickets for both Walt Disney World Resort events are now on sale. Here’s the breakdown:

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Dates

• September 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
  • October 1, 3, 7, 8*, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 22*, 24, 26, 28*, 29, and 31
  • November 1

Times

7:00 pm – 12:00 am

Pricing

Age Advance Sales Same-Day Sales* October 29 and October 31, 2010
10 & Up $53.95 + tax $59.95 + tax $64.95 + tax
3-9 $47.95 + tax $53.95 + tax $58.95 + tax

*Advance Purchase Price not available on 10/8, 10/22, 10/28, 10/29, 10/31. All other select nights, when purchased prior to the day of the event: $53.95 + tax (Ages 10+) $47.95 + tax (Ages 3 – 9); Day-Of Event Prices: $59.95 + tax (Ages 10+) $53.95 + tax (Ages 3 – 9); Premium Pricing (10/29, 10/31 ): $64.95 + tax (Ages 10+) $58.95 + tax (Ages 3 – 9)

Standard Magic Kingdom theme park admission tickets will not allow Guests to attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

Dates

• November 8, 11, 12, 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30
  • December 2, 3, 5, 7*, 9, 10*, 12*, 14, 16, 17*, and 19*

Times

7:00 pm – 12:00 am

Pricing

Age Advance Sales Same-Day Sales*
10 & Up $53.95 + tax $59.95 + tax
3-9 $47.95 + tax $53.95 + tax

*Advance Purchase Price not available on 12/7, 12/10, 12/12, 12/17, 12/19. All other select nights, when purchased prior to the day of the event: $53.95 + tax (Ages 10+) $47.95 + tax (Ages 3 – 9); Day-Of Event Prices: $59.95 + tax (Ages 10+) $53.95 + tax (Ages 3 – 9)

Standard Magic Kingdom theme park admission tickets will not allow Guests to attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

There are several ways to buy tickets for the events but the best place to start online is www.disneyworld.com. Anyone planning to go to both this year?

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Jason from Hampshire on May 21st, 2010 at 11:40 am

Why are the Halloween parties starting so late this year? They started at the beginning of September in 08 and 09. Next year we were hoping to come to WDW in september for the Halloween party, but we have to leave on the 12th. Are the parties likely to start late next year too?
Went to MNSSHP last year and loved it! What fun!

Mariana on May 21st, 2010 at 11:42 am

I’d love to go to both, unfortunatelly as I’m from Portugal I’m just going to Mickey’s Very Mery Xmas Party. I Went last year and loved it, is this year going to be the same or will it have some changes?

April on May 21st, 2010 at 11:42 am

Just purchased our tickets yesterday for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. So excited! My husband and I haven’t been in over 10 years and it’s our boys (3 &1) first trip! Looking forward to it!

Jessica from VA on May 21st, 2010 at 11:44 am

Do you have to also purchase a ticket to the theme park in order to attend? Or is the party ticket sufficient?

Thomas Smith on May 21st, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Hi Jessica…the party ticket is sufficient.

Jeffrey from CA on May 21st, 2010 at 11:47 am

Will we be getting the dates for Disneyland soon, too?

Sarah from NJ on May 21st, 2010 at 11:51 am

Does anyone know what the difference between the Christmas & Halloween Party is? I have been to the Halloween party for the last 3 years. I would like to go to the Christmas one this year. :)

Johanne from QC on May 21st, 2010 at 11:52 am

Hi, we’re going to be at WDW on dec 20. thru dec. 27. We were told that we don’t need to buy those special ticket for “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party” that from the 23rd to 31th we’re able to see that parade for free (with the day pass).
Can you told me if it’s true or not ?
Johanne

Thomas Smith on May 21st, 2010 at 12:06 pm

This special event requires a separate ticket to attend. Here’s more information http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/special-events/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Sammie from TX on May 21st, 2010 at 11:54 am

When will they release dates and line up for Candlelight Processional?

Thomas Smith on May 21st, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Checking on this, Sammie. We’ll post that info here on the blog too.

Michael on May 21st, 2010 at 11:55 am

Speaking of tickets. Any new info on the rumor of monthly payments fr annual passes? I’m holdin off on my renewal as long as I can in order for the announcement to be made!!! Please Disney make he announcement!!!! Lol

Sherri from NJ on May 21st, 2010 at 12:09 pm

We are planning on being in the park one of the weeks in December. We have regular theme park tickets but may not be getting the Party tickets (not sure we will have the extra $$). Does that mean that our days in the park will be cut short since the party starts at 7? (will we have to leave the park when the party starts?) or is the party just zoned off to one section of the park?

Thomas Smith on May 21st, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Hi Sherri…The park closes promptly at 7pm. There’s a short period of transition with the Guests. If you have dinner reservations, restaurant Cast will escort you out of the park (but the experience will not be cut short).

Josh from NJ on May 21st, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Can someone help me and let me know why ticket prices have not been released for select dates? I will be going to Disney on October with friend and wanted to go on the 28th, is there a reason we can’t buy in advance yet? Thanks for any help

Thomas Smith on May 21st, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Hi Josh…yes, you can buy tickets for the 28th now. Here’s the direct link: http://bit.ly/bAsngZ

Elaine on May 21st, 2010 at 12:18 pm

very disappointed there won’t be a Halloween Party the week of labor day this year like there was in the past. We booked our vacation that week specifically to go to the Halloween Party. It would have been our first time getting to go. :(

Sarah from IN on May 21st, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Why hasn’t Disney posted the park hours for December yet? We will be setting up the Advanced Dining here in a couple of weeks and would like to know which parks are doing the Extra magic hours.

Brandon on May 21st, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Agree with Jason, would love to see the Halloween parties start in the begining of September as well or even last week of August. My family attended the Halloween party last year and it was great. Have been to the X-mas pary as well and it is great. This year we are using our DVC membership to attend the X-Mas party in and parks in mid December. Can’t wait!!!

James on May 21st, 2010 at 12:41 pm

We are flying to Orlando from San Diego on the 20th of December. So there will be no Christmas Party that week Tom?

Thomas Smith on May 21st, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Hmmm…Sunday, 12/19 is the latest date – http://bit.ly/a7WMdX

theresa from NC on May 21st, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I got tickets for MICKEY NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN. This is her first time and I lost track for me. I got them for my 40th birthday and I can’t wait to show her fun TRICK OR TREATING WITH MICKEY

Ginger on May 21st, 2010 at 12:48 pm

My husband and I plan to take our 3 y/o son to both the Halloween and Christmas party this year! My husband and I attended the Christmas party last year and had a blast, and really want to check out the Halloween party too! This year we feel that our son is finally old enough to join us. We’re going to have so much fun!!

Karen on May 21st, 2010 at 12:56 pm

When will the passholder rates and dates be announced for these two parties?

yvonne on May 21st, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Have tried to order for both parties but will not allow me. I live in the UK. Has told me billing address will not allow? Why can I not do it as I have in previous years. Have purchased at passholder rates. This is not showing. Will they.

stacy from NJ on May 21st, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Does anyone know if the tickets sell out on Oct. 31st? Since there is no discount for advanced purchase, I would rather wait till that day to purchase just in case someone is sick or people are too tired. Thank you. Stacy

Zulma on May 21st, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Our family will be in Disney World for the halloween party. We have purchased park hopper passes. Will we have to purchase a separate ticket for the Not So Scary Halloween Party on Oct 31?

Anonymous on May 21st, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Does anyone know if there is a difference in MVMCP on the dates you cannot get advance ticket purchase price?

Haley on May 21st, 2010 at 4:21 pm

A separate ticket is needed for the Not so scary Halloween event. And YES!!! they will absolutely sell out for the 31st. I have been the last two years, and always go on Halloween. Its ALWAYS sold out. They put there signs out by the ticketing booths that say “sold out for this event”. I’d definitely recommend buying them WAY early!

James on May 21st, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Anyone know when the tickets go on sale for Halloween at disneyland? i heard a rumor it will be in the park and not California adventure

Diane on May 21st, 2010 at 4:35 pm

When will Disneyland’s Halloween parties be posted?

Peter Tsz Leung from ON on May 21st, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Is there any DVC member discount?

Shannon on May 21st, 2010 at 5:44 pm

We have dinner reservations on September 18 at 6:50 at Liberty Tree Tavern. Will we still be able to eat at that time without purchasing tickets to the Halloween party?

shona on May 21st, 2010 at 6:09 pm

we have been twice to MNSSHP, they are the best!! i am over forty and i love trick or treating with mickey!!

Morgan on May 21st, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Do the tickets for the Christmas party sell out? We’re planning to go the 19th but didn’t know if we should purchase tickets this early or if we have the opportunity to wait a while. Thanks!

Alejandro from Nuevo Leon on May 21st, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Hi! We are going to Disney on the September dates. We already have the Magic Your Way Tickets. Do we still have to buy the additional tickets to the Party?

Kelsy from TX on May 21st, 2010 at 7:29 pm

I attended the Christmas Party last year, so this year decided to see the Halloween one instead. I hear it’s a little more fun than the Christmas Party, so I’m pretty excited!

Karen on May 21st, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I for one am glad that Disney is starting MNSSHP later in September. We typically visit WDW over Labor day week for our wedding anniversary, a time I still consider to be summer. Last year we were there by Aug 29th and thought for sure we would find MK in all it’s summer glory, only to be disappointed to find Halloween decorations already up. I really don’t understand why anyone would want to celebrate Halloween in September. I love Halloween but the month of October is a long enough time to celebrate it.

Mary from WI on May 21st, 2010 at 11:25 pm

We have our tix for MNSSHP & this year our son’s family planned their vacation for part of the time we’ll be there. It will be their first time at the Halloween party, can’t wait!

Alexander on May 23rd, 2010 at 4:55 am

So – whats with Disneyland?

Karen from PA on May 23rd, 2010 at 1:35 pm

we will be in Disney for a very brief stay on Nov 18 and Nov 19 – both have MVMCP. Think I would like to purchase tickets at DTD on the 18th for the 19th (in case there is bad weather). What are the chances of Firday November 19th being a sell out?

bruce from MA on May 26th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Why are the Halloween parties starting so late this year? They started at the beginning of September in 07 08 and 09. Next year we were hoping THE MNSSHP WILL START AGAIN EARLY SEPT…PLEASE!!!!! In fact i can only remember the party always in ealry Sept..
We have gone every year , but this year cause we leave on the 11th :-( MNSSHP
Please bring it back early next year!

Jim on May 26th, 2010 at 4:52 pm

@ Alejandro from Nuevo Leon:

Both the Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Very Merry Christmas Party are separate “hard ticket” events — your Magic Your Way tickets WILL NOT cover the cost of admission to either of these. You would need to purchase Party tickets for the date(s) that you would like to attend, and then make sure that you have these tickets with you on the night of the event.

Jim on May 26th, 2010 at 4:56 pm

@ Johanne from QC

My wife and I visited WDW right after Christmas in 2007, and we were able to catch the MVMCP’s “Once Upon a Christmas” parade during an afternoon trip to the Magic Kingdom (I think it was 12/29/07). It’s obviously not the same as attending the Party and getting the overall experience, but if your interest is in the parade, then yes, you can catch it without having to attend the event.

Jim on May 26th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

@ Thomas Smith

Is there any word on what is going to be done with the special commemorative MNSSHP pins that will be released this year? My wife and I went to the Party on 10/31/08 and she was able to pick up all of the various pins that were offered; we went last year on 10/23/09 and all of the available pin designs save one were sold out.

We were told that the pins (and other event merchandise) were put out on the night of the first Party in early September and were kept out for anyone to purchase — instead of being event exclusives sold only during the selected dates, guests who did not actually attend the Party could snap these up whenever; the 2008 pins (which were readily available) went out only on the nights with a Party on schedule.

It didn’t seem right that guests visiting in October (especially that close to Halloween) wouldn’t even have a shot at them. I understand the nature of limited edition collectibles, and what sort of logistical nightmare is involved in boxing & unboxing the merchandise before and after each Party, but I feel that these should have been made available to the people who paid the extra money to attend the MNSSHP event first, with any remaining stock after the last night then being released to the general public.

Have there been any discussions about what this year’s policy will be?