Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Goofy says, “Happy Holidays!” from Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park

First Look: New ‘World of Color’ TV Spot

posted on May 28th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Everyone seems to be interested in “World of Color,” and Mickey Mouse is no exception. In this never-before-seen TV spot, you can see Mickey mischievously handling a magical baton and trying to conduct this water spectacular all by himself! It won’t appear on television until Monday, May 31, but we’re treating you to a rare first glimpse of the “World of Color” spot.

Did you notice the fun, new logo for Disney California Adventure park in the spot? It’s so new that if you touch the screen, you just might get paint on your fingers.
New Disney California Adventure Logo
What do you think of the TV spot and new logo?

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

David on May 28th, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I like the new logo. the tv spot is magical, can’t wait for the spot to come out, but not as much as the opening day of WOC. I like how in the spot, Mickey finds the conductor suit and “borrows” it like in Sorcerer’s Apprentice he “borrows” the sorcerer hat

Ryan on May 28th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I can’t wait until World of Color opens. I love the tv spot and the new logo

Taylor on May 28th, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Excited to see all the new changes coming to DCA!

I am glad the park now has a theme look that flows throughout! it makes for a truly immersive experience.

Evan on May 28th, 2010 at 6:56 pm

VERY nice on the commercial…Very good marketing and lovely graphics.

Not to sure on the logo…it looks like Toontown’s.

Also…Is it DISNEY California Adventure now? Or did they leave off the ‘S in DISNEY’S?

Thor from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 6:58 pm

They changed the name of the park??? It’s now called “Disney California Adventure”? That’s new, as it’s always been “Disney’s” in the title. Will the other parks with similar names like Disney’s Animal Kingdom also be changing their names? What about the nomenclature used here on Disney Parks Blog, which still uses Disney’s California Adventure in the titles for everything. Or is this just a mistake to include the apostrophe and letter ‘s’ that no one caught before the commercial was released?

Grace on May 28th, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Like the tv spot, reminiscent of Sorcerer’s Apprentice. Don’t really like the new logo too much; it’s too goofy. Hope it gets changed to something nicer. Also confused about dropping the possessive “‘s”.

Lynnae on May 28th, 2010 at 7:04 pm

LOVE the spot. It’s very cute!

But I’m not so sure about the logo. As Evan said, it looks very Toontown-esque. And has the park name changed from Disney’s California Adventure to Disney California Adventure?

Michael on May 28th, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Wonderful spot. Now my trip on June 13th – 15th can’t come soon enough. Soooo EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 7:07 pm

The TV spot is cute. I like it.

Not sold on the new logo yet. It’s more cartoonish and silly, certainly meant to play up the fact that you’ll find Disney characters in the park. I’m not sure if it succeeds in making the connection with the word “California,” though.

By the way, what happened to the apostrophe S on Disney in the park name? Disney California Adventure, not “Disney’s”?

Mark from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 7:14 pm

the toon town-y look of the new logo really misleads since all of the cahnges to DCA are to give an older Californian look and feel ie Victorian era, 1950s yosemite, hollywoodland…so shouldn’t a new logo reflect that?

Chris on May 28th, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I like both. The TV spot is cute, and the logo’s got a nice fresh new look.

Jodi on May 28th, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Love the new spot, not sure about the voiceover, sounds a little stiff, doens’t match up to the feel of what’s happening on the screen.

Not sure about the logo, or why you’re dropping the ‘s. It’s cute, but conjures up Toon Town more than it does California Adventure…

Justin on May 28th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Commercial was cool! Not sold on the new logo yet… like other ppl have commented already, it looks a bit Toontown-ish.

I think the style of the logo should invoke the aim of all the expansions going on (except WoC and Carsland), which is the way California looked when Walt arrived here in the late 1920′s-early 1930′s. Just my thoughts there.

I’m also confused with the “Disney” vs. the already in place “Disney’s” at the beginning of the title. Not sure what’s going on there lol.

Rachael on May 28th, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Commercial’s cool, but I’m not digging that new logo… looks too Toontown-ish, like a lot of other people said.

Anthony from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I like the video. It looks like WOC is going to be better than I thought. The logo seems a bit plain. I like the end logo in the video as it incorporates the Mickey Ferris wheel.
The ‘s seems to be missing from Disney. It doesn’t sound as natural to say.

Jesse on May 28th, 2010 at 7:51 pm

I like all of it! The new logo fits the new theme of the park in my opinion. And the ad makes me excited for my trip in 17 days!

Victoria on May 28th, 2010 at 7:56 pm

I don’t really like the logo quite honestly. I’d have to think that Disney could do better than that. I’d like to see something that evokes more a time of the past as others have said. I also agree that the “s” missing from Disney looks odd.

The commercial is a bit cute, though.

Benjamin on May 28th, 2010 at 8:00 pm

The commercial is pretty fantastic, but I have to say, that the new logo is pretty uninspired. In my opinion it’s a bit cartoony… like it belongs on the cover of a comic book. There’s nothing particularly unique about it the way there is for, say, the Disneyland, Animal Kingdom, or Epcot logos. It doesn’t have any personality. Hopefully the new version of the park itself will be more interesting than the logo implies.

Charla from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I love the spot with Mickey conducting the show. And I love the new logo – very whimsical.

Fred from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 8:04 pm

I love the television spot!

I don’t think that the logo is too bad, it has sort of a fun look.

Mike from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Great commercial. But about the bigger news. Is the park changing names?

Kevin on May 28th, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Really hate this new logo (and the name change for that matter). The original DCA logo is still the best. I am not sure what those cartoony letter are supposed to say about the park. They look very modern, which is at odds with the retro/nostalgic changes put in place at Paradise Pier and coming to the entrance plaza (and Carsland a bit, too).

Kevin on May 28th, 2010 at 8:14 pm

The commercial does a great job describing what you’ll get with World of Color. Exciting plus a great use of Mickey to help sell the concept (Mickey should be used in more ways like this).

And there is yet-another variant of the new logo with colors and Mickey’s face. Weird.

Samantha on May 28th, 2010 at 8:25 pm

I get mad chills every time I see something for WOC. I’m glad someone is bringing back the classic Disney! I can’t wait for the changes in DCA!

Catherine on May 28th, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I’m jazzed about the logo and World of Color. Since I remember the TV show, I keep call it the Wonderful World of Color.

Ryan on May 28th, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Thanks for sharing Heather! I can’t get enough of World of Color! I hope you get to post a sneak peek of the merchandise for World of Color.

I like the new logo, looks like it has a Disney touch :) It gives the presence of fun and goofiness…garrrishhh

Alexander on May 28th, 2010 at 8:41 pm

I believe it is now called Disney California Adventure. Even the narator of the comercial did not include the “S”. I love the comercial. It really fits the show.

Michael from UT on May 28th, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I love the new TV spot and I like the new logo. As for the style of the font, it is “Toontownish” and, because of that, it reflects the Walt’s California of the 1920′s and 30′s. The “California” is very much in the style of the titles on the Disney cartoon shorts.

I’m sure the logo will grow on me. Curious about the change from “Disney’s” to “Disney”, though. The announcer in the commercial even called it “Disney California Adventure”.

Ann on May 28th, 2010 at 8:45 pm

I love the new logo, but it increases my dismay and Extreme Disappointment about demolishing the C A L I F O R N I A letters in the plaza. Guests L O V E those letters, and truthfully everyone I know will have a sick stomach feeling to not see them there.

Karen from MA on May 28th, 2010 at 8:50 pm

I enjoyed it very much. I’d love to see World of Color – looks like a lot of fun.

Annemarie from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 9:34 pm

WOW that is amazing! I LOVED how you brought in Mickey’s magic. I was excited to see it but now I am STOAKED!

Craig on May 28th, 2010 at 10:02 pm

great tv spot. Looking forward to seeing it on June 11th.

Charles on May 28th, 2010 at 10:06 pm

There’s so much excitement about WOC I don’t even think you needed the ad! :)

Will you be posting the merchandise specific to WOC???

Austin on May 28th, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Great commercial! I just hope people that aren’t familiar with the WOC won’t feel like they were deceived. Everything is like 3D water and that isn’t how it will be… but I’m not sure how you would make a commercial showing the real thing. It would be hard. I do like how they brought in an “original” looking animation of MM! That is cool to see!

And as others have said, the “Disney” in the logo needs an ‘s. Just doesn’t work without it…

Jeremy on May 28th, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Love the TV spot! It looks really good!

The new logo? I don’t like it. I was really excited about the classy font on the new DCA entry concept art. You know? Old Hollywood? This logo lacks that “charm” A bit too ToonTown.

Bernadette from CA on May 28th, 2010 at 10:40 pm

That was great. Can’t wait to see it in person!

Michael on May 28th, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Great TV Spot. Maliboomer is not in the spot does this confirm that Maliboomer is being torn down, if so then all i have to say is good riddance

Robert from AZ on May 28th, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Nice logo and think it ties best with the back part of the park as it says “cartoon”. I would have liked something in an art deco mode that makes it more like LA in the 20′s when Walt arrived. Maybe like the font used on the older buildings at the Burbank studio. Might look good for that font for ADVENTURE in the logo. To me the current Adventure font doesn’t go with the California font well. And I agree with Matthew that it seems weird without the ‘s for Disney’s California Adventure too.

Love the commercial.

Jorden on May 28th, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Reminded me a LOT of Philharmagic :) Can’t wait to see the show!

Andrew on May 28th, 2010 at 11:24 pm

I believe that the original logo looks better because it represents the culture and the greatness of the Great state of California. I don’t hate this new logo but it looks to cartoony and ridicules it has no representation of California. But the video is amazing HOOAH.

Bernadette on May 28th, 2010 at 11:46 pm

My family & I are so excited about our trip and can’t wait to see World of Color! I love the new logo & tv spot.

Diane from AZ on May 28th, 2010 at 11:56 pm

I LOVE the new logo! It connects to the child in all of us! Good job…mission accomplished!

I also loved the spot. Mickey knows how to take control of any situation! The only thing I didn’t like…it was too short! Way to go Imagineers…you know how to stir up the Magic! Walt is proud!!

Tyler from OR on May 29th, 2010 at 12:00 am

I miss Disneyland (and California Adventure) so much! The last time I was there the lake in DCA was empty while WOC was being built. I can’t wait to get back and see it in action.

The new logo is great, and the commercial oozes Disney Magic, of course!

Amanda on May 29th, 2010 at 12:16 am

How could I not like the new spot? It’s amazing! Any new animated material is awesome. It makes me so excited to see it! This is the first year in 28 years we won’t be able to come for the opening season but I’m anticipating seeing it all the same – along with the new rides and attractions in California Adventure that will be open when we get to come next. I expected something a little more original for the logo. I do like the “cartoony” style though. It’s what I want when I go to Disneyland – to feel like a kid again. I’m ecstatic about the new changes coming to CA.

Claudia on May 29th, 2010 at 12:36 am

Wow awesome add. I don’t really like the logo I think it should be a tad bit classier, just not too much cause then it’ll be to serious.

Stephen from OH on May 29th, 2010 at 1:10 am

Really like the TV spot and can’t wait for World of Color!I also agree that the logo should reflect more of the 1920′s theme and less of Toontown. Seeing the additions of Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Silly Symphony Swings and other classic Disney characters into this park, I’m afraid the powers at Disney are trying to turn DCA into a Disneyland Park II.

John from FL on May 29th, 2010 at 1:12 am

PERFECT. Very creative and makes me want to jump on an airplane to go see it.

Justine from SK on May 29th, 2010 at 1:24 am

Changing the name of the park from Disney’s California Adventure to Disney California Adventure isn’t grammatically correct, and is just dumb. The logo isn’t really doing anything for me either.

Paul on May 29th, 2010 at 1:45 am

The TV spot is great but the new logo and name are pretty bad, doesn’t seem to properly reflect the entire park and sounds wrong to say it or hear it. I prefer the old name and either former logo.

Kevin on May 29th, 2010 at 2:07 am

LOVE the World of Color TV spot. NOT thrilled about the new logo or the name change. Seems less classy and more cartoony. I know, I know, Disney started with cartoons, but still. How is a place that hosts a food and wine festival supposed to have a logo so yellow, blocky, and cartoony? It doesn’t seem to represent the grandeur of new attractions like World of Color either.

Still can’t wait for World of Color!