Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Holidays at the Disneyland Resort

Lee DeWyze Celebrates at Walt Disney World

posted on May 31st, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

'American Idol' Champion Lee DeWyze at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Today, newly crowned “American Idol” Lee DeWyze visited the Walt Disney World Resort for a special parade through Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We caught up with Lee during his celebratory ride down Hollywood Boulevard with Mickey Mouse. He also posed with Minnie Mouse, signed autographs for fans and even made a surprise appearance on-stage at “The American Idol Experience,” the theme park’s attraction based on the hit TV show.

Were you there?

'American Idol' Champion Lee DeWyze at Disney's Hollywood Studios

'American Idol' Champion Lee DeWyze at Disney's Hollywood Studios

'American Idol' Champion Lee DeWyze at Disney's Hollywood Studios

'American Idol' Champion Lee DeWyze at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Filed: Celebrity Visits, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Jennifer from FL on May 31st, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Wish I was there…..he is adorable!!!

phyllis from NH on May 31st, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I wish I was there I love disney and I was happy to see Lee win!!!

Angela on May 31st, 2010 at 10:14 pm

IT was great seeing LEE thanks Disney I Had A Ball

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2010 at 11:04 am

Glad to hear you had a great time, Angela.

Jenine on May 31st, 2010 at 10:28 pm

When I told my sister that Lee went to Walt Disney World today, she freaked out and got so excited. She immediatley wanted to see pictures! We love you Lee

Marcos from Minas Gerais on May 31st, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Hi Thomas Smith, first congratulations for your text.
I’m Marcos from Brazil. I was in Orlando last July and enjoyed so muchhhh!!!!

I’d like to talk with someone that knows a lot of Disney and I wait that you can help me…
I want to be a guide of there…

If you can talk a little with me, please say One Hi.

Thanks a lot! Sorry because my english, I’m learning more it!! Thankssssssss I’m waiting your answer….

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2010 at 11:06 am

Thanks, Marcos. Sure…always enjoy chatting about Disney. Please send me an e-mail.

Kris from IL on May 31st, 2010 at 11:23 pm

AWESOME!!! nice when a home town boy from the midwest makes good! CONGRATS to LEE!!!

Rhonda from FL on June 1st, 2010 at 9:22 am

I was there on Sunday and hoped to see Lee. Can’t believe I missed him by one day. Ugh!

adrian from FL on June 1st, 2010 at 11:07 am

Just missed it… we were there the 28th – 30th! :)

Colin from FL on June 1st, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Was there Monday morning, went to ride Toy Story with the new game (Fun!) and to see Lee seeing as I was in the Orlando area :)

Really enjoyed it, and was cool when he made a guest appearance in the 11am American Idol Experience! Great Morning in the Park.

Thanks for letting us know on the blog about this :)

Crissy from AL on June 1st, 2010 at 4:12 pm

WE WERE THERE!! WE RODE ROCKIN’ ROLLER COASTER WITH HIM!! HE IS AWESOME!!!!

Colin from FL on June 1st, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I went on Monday morning as I was in the Orlando area!

Went on Midway Mania with the new game (Fun!) before seeing Lee! Was very cool that he made the Guest appearance in the 11am American Idol Experience :) Really enjoyed the morning!

Thanks for making us aware of this on the Blog, it’s not often I’m actually in the Orlando area when there is any special event going on, so enjoyed this :) I usually end up missing them by days or sometimes a few hours lol!

Renee from VA on June 3rd, 2010 at 10:35 am

I would have loved to have been there. I love Lee.
Hey Thomas who would be the one in charge of rides and attractions? I would like to know when DHS is going to get rid of Sounds Dangerous. It is a very disappointing attraction. I love all of the improvements at DHS except for this attraction.