Disneyland Park, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

Mickey Moves His Halloween Party Across the Esplanade

posted on May 28th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Mickey's Halloween Party
It’s no trick! We’ve got a treat for you today.

Mickey’s Halloween Party moves to Disneyland park this Halloween season. The private, costumed trick-or-treat party that guests enjoyed at Disney’s California Adventure park and was formerly known as Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party has moved to Disneyland park. The new event has some new, really cool benefits:

• Access to Disneyland park – With a ticket to Mickey’s Halloween Party, you’ll get access to nearly all the attractions Disneyland park has to offer—from the classic attractions in Fantasyland to the Halloween-themed attractions like Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
  • Earlier access – You can start the party early at Disneyland park at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 4:00 p.m. on Fridays. The official event starts at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 7:00 p.m. on Fridays, and Halloween.
  • Tons of treats – We’re adding even more trick-or-treat locations – more treats!
  • Exclusive access to Halloween Screams – Mickey’s Halloween Party guests will have exclusive access to one of the most popular fireworks spectaculars ever – Halloween Screams!

Mickey’s Halloween Party will be offered on Halloween night and every Tuesday and Friday in October. Annual Passholders can purchase tickets starting June 4 – for more information, click here. General sales will begin July 16 – for more information, click here.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Special Events

Kimberley from WA on May 31st, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I am sooo excited for this! And the Happiest Haunts tour! And the Halloween fireworks! And caramel apples! We are bringing our 4 year old as a suprise for her birthday, her 1st visit to Disney. Cannot wait! Are Annual Passes good for 1 year from the date of purchase, or the date of 1st use?? Does anyone know this?

Gabe on May 31st, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I am extremely disappointed with Halloween Screams becoming exclusive. It’s unfair to all of the daily visitors who should be able to experience this show, especially since the public was able to view it last year.

Dante from CA on May 31st, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I love the Halloween, but it kind of sucks that Halloween Screams isn’t available to normal park guests.

Fred from CA on May 31st, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I have to say I am disappointed that Halloween Screams will not be available to regular park guests. I really enjoyed the show last year, and I doubt that I will be able to go to any of the Halloween parties to see it this year.

Grace on June 1st, 2010 at 8:46 am

I’ve booked at trip for Hallowe’en in Disney World. I’m staying at a resort. Ive purchased meal plans and tickets. When will I be able to purchase Mickey’s Not So Scary Hallowe’en Party tickets?

Eric on June 1st, 2010 at 10:23 am

This is somewhat disappointing to us passholders, as was noted earlier. Personally I’ve had a pass for the past five years, and it was a wonderful surprise last year for the Halloween Screams fireworks to come to Disneyland last year. The fact that they are now “going away,” effectively, for people who are most likely to be visiting the park constantly – i.e., those of us in Southern California wit passes. Such a shame. Hopefully this will be corrected in the future.

At least we can still enjoy HMH and SM:GG. Great stuff, those two.

nick on June 1st, 2010 at 12:00 pm

As many others have already posted, it is disappointing to see Halloween Screams become exclusive. The fireworks display is the icing on the cake of Halloweentime at Disneyland. While it is worth camping out in front of the castle for a few hours to watch, its a different story when you add in the cost of an additional ticket.

Grace on June 1st, 2010 at 12:16 pm

I hope my comments and questions are received as I’ve noticed that several of the comments are specifically about Disneyland. My October destination is to Disney World. Here it goes anyway….
On the WDW web site-Special Events @ Magic Kingedom, it says “advanced purchase price not available on Oct. 31/10. I am booked at a resort and have purchased park tickets with hopper pass. Am I not able to purchase Mickey’s Not so Scary Hallowe’en party in advance?

Lloyd from CA on June 1st, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I’m highly disapointed in the fact that what was once a no additional charge viewing of Halloween Screams has now become and exlusivity to a seperate paid admission. Bringing the Walt Disney World model to Disneyland drains out the uniqueness of Halloweentime. I specifically bought my Premium Annual Passport so that I could use it for the seasonal events such as Halloweentime and Christmas, but now I’m needing to rethink my allegiance to committing such large amounts of money to something I’m not going to have anymore. What’s next? Exclusive Event Ticketing at Christmas for Christmas Fantasy and the Christmas Firework show? “Color me blue”

Lori from CA on June 1st, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Hi Heather,

Will guests still be able to dress in costume for the event? And, if your in costume, will you be able to go into Disneyland at 3:00 pm or will you have to wait until the actual Halloween party start time?

Thanks,
Lori

Janet on June 2nd, 2010 at 11:11 am

Grace,
Tickets are on sale now for annual passholders for WDW’s holloween party. We bought ours the beginning of May. They may be available for non-passholders as well. Go to the WDW site for information on the parties.

Heather should be able to confirm when they are available for non-passholders.

Charles on June 2nd, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I don’t see how this is a negative event for Annual Passholders.

1. You get to buy your event tickets 1 1/2 months before the general public.

2. You get to buy them (as in previous years) at about a 10-15% discount from the general public.

The first Halloween event ever run in this style in Disneyland was in 1995 and that was the only time it ever took place. The event was canceled for about 10 years until Disney brought it back to California Adventure I believe in 2005. DCA event was fun but it didn’t grow and so it started to get stale. I know many people that stopped going because of the lack of improvements and well…..less candy and healthy snacks being distributed!!!

Moving the event to Disneyland is an excellent idea. It brings back the fun as we had in 1995 plus you have more room to play, character interactions, and adults get to be kids again in costume!!! World Of Color is the main draw to the ever dwindling crowds at DCA and I am happy that WOC is going to bring the crowds back to the park.

So it makes natural sense to move the event across the Esplanade!

And all the comments that this event is planned for “rich” people? That is absurd. Disney is a business and their main goal is to make money. Don’t believe me read the last stockholders guide and you will see what direction they are headed.

Gregory on June 2nd, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Heather a few of questions for you:

1) What is the price for the ticket going to be?
2) If the fireworks are cancelled due to high winds, will there be substitute entertainment or a partial refund (since the Halloween fireworks are exclusive to the hard ticket event)?
3) Will an alternate fireworks show be shown for the non-party nights?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to address these questions.

Karen from NSW on June 2nd, 2010 at 6:16 pm

We are travelling from Australia in September and are very happy that the Halloween season is starting earlier this year.

We won’t still be there however to attend any of the parties so we were wondering if there were any fireworks planned for the period between when the Halloween time starts on the 17th September and when the party season begins on the 1st October?

valory from OR on June 2nd, 2010 at 7:11 pm

I’m sorry to bother you but I have been planning this OCT trip for 2yrs, its my son’s bday and both his and my mom’s first time @ disneyland. We will be purchasing a 6day park hopper ticket as well as the halloween party tickets(that is if I can get them) we are traveling from Portland and I want to make sure everthing is PERfect. We were planning to spend all day on the 19th @ Disneyland, so my question is if we are in the park before 3 can we stay or do we have to leave and then come back?

Karen on June 3rd, 2010 at 4:54 am

Andrea if you are going to come in Sept. the party wont be an issue for you. it’s in Oct.

My question is…Will we be able to be in our costumes during the 3 hour period before the Party time??
We are VERY excited that it will be in DL park this year. yay!!
Is it because of World of Color opening?

Thanks!

mark from UT on June 3rd, 2010 at 11:11 am

I am planning on going on the 12th. I guess my biggest questions are with allowing guests in earlier will costumes be allowed starting at 3pm or not til 6 and also will the entire park be cleared at 6 and those with the extra pass have to be readmitted.

Fred from CA on June 4th, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I really hope that next year Halloween Screams will be offered to all park guests.

Jim on June 4th, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Hear us, Disney, these are your loyal followers. It’s not too late to change it back to DCA. Just do it. People visiting Disney World have much more choices where to go when they get kicked out of the Magic Kingdom. In this economy,many ap’s don’t have the funds to go to a halloween party just to see the fireworks show. This could backfire horribly.

Carl from CA on June 4th, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Now that the prices are out, I have to express my great disappointment that AP discounts are only being offered on Tuesdays. $54 with no discount seems pretty steep to me.

S on June 5th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Are the treats included in the ticket price or do you purchase those separately at the Treat Stations? We are going for the first time this year! Thanks

Grace on June 8th, 2010 at 8:47 am

Just purchased my tickets for the “Not So Scary Hallowe’en Party” at WDW. We are staying at a WDW resort. We are planning on spending the day at Magic Kingdom. We’d like to make character dinner reservations ASAP. Do we have to exit the Kingdom and then return for the party?

Cindy from NY on June 11th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Can you see Ghost Galaxy and the Haunted Mansion holiday makeover without tickets to the party, and what date do those 2 attractions start?

Monica on June 18th, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Hi. I’m a October bride and we’re wanting to do our “Trash the Dress” pics at Disneyland (which is where we had our first date). I believe that guests are not able to wear wedding dresses during regular visits to Disneyland, but what if I dress up as a “bride” for Halloween and purchase tickets for the events. The dress will be appropriate and will not drag on the floor, would this be permissible?

Elizabeth on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:37 pm

My entire family are premium annual passholders, and I do not understand why so many people are complaining. The price is amazing for the fact we can go to disney for free 365 days a year and park for free (+ discounts on food and toys) I have no issues paying for these special events, they are wonderful! We went to the halloween party last year and my toddler loved it! Can’t wait to go again this year! they pass out candy and fruit throughout the park and the entire atmosphere is wonderful (it’s not scary at all but still festive)

You people need to realize how much extra money it costs for Disney to do these types of events around the holidays (on top of the normal costs of running the park daily).